Anything New Coming Up?

22 replies to this topic

#1 BIOHAZARD

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:21 AM

I know there is plenty of threads about how this game is dying because of the potato runs. I played this weekend after a break and had some really good matches. So I am not sure, maybe its just sometimes and on some maps.

But here's the thing I noticed: the game is stale and just boring to me. I am not going to stay for longer probably. All mechs feel the same or similar. The gameplay is limited and since I played for years, I know the maps by heart. I just didn't have that much fun. Them weapons they added some time ago aren't novelty anymore. It just feels old. Like I've finally completed this game, done a walkthrough.

I am not an expert with the lore. Here's a question for people who know: is there anything new left to add to this game? Not just mechs, the new ones do not look like anything original anyways.
Like major content, game changers.

Otherwise its pretty much over for me. There's so much interesting stuff happening elsewhere.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:25 AM

View PostBIOHAZARD, on 24 June 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

Like major content, game changers.

Otherwise its pretty much over for me. There's so much interesting stuff happening elsewhere.

Apart for some changes that PGI's incorporating for Faction War, the frequency of new content will be lower than before. We used to get mech packs every month. Now, even they're not going to be released frequently.

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:33 AM

The first "Game is dying" threads reach back to before I started playing, a few years ago.

Also "PC is dying" stretches back to over 20 years ago.

Otherwise what's coming, short of new mechs in July, August, September, October, MechCon, the Faction Play Loyalist update, Competitive play... ? Well there's MechWarrior 5, you could check that out.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 24 June 2019 - 12:34 AM.

#4 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:22 AM

You might want to read the Dev Update. I would not hold my hopes very high. If, in a F2P game, the thing that had generated the most revenue has to be redesigned, you know content will be low priority. Developement will go from glacial pace to backwards.

#5 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:15 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 24 June 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

The first "Game is dying" threads reach back to before I started playing, a few years ago.

Also "PC is dying" stretches back to over 20 years ago.

Otherwise what's coming, short of new mechs in July, August, September, October, MechCon, the Faction Play Loyalist update, Competitive play... ? Well there's MechWarrior 5, you could check that out.

Wont be new mechs in July, August, September, october... be lucky to get one new mechpack this year...

and game is dying, Russ basically stated as much in his dev update...

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:27 PM

All we can expect in the foreseeable future are a small quantity of minuscule incremental buffs or nerfs (like the LB 5-X spread buff from the Dervish patch). That's about it.

#7 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

Another event

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

no

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

MW5 releases, MWO dies? Cuz one can only 1 click laser vomit on the same 5 maps with the same 3 mechs so many times before it gets mind numbingly boring?

#10 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 24 June 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Wont be new mechs in July, August, September, october...

You're right, I meant new mechs become available for MC and Cbills.

#11 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostBIOHAZARD, on 24 June 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

It just feels old. Like I've finally completed this game, done a walkthrough. is there anything new left to add to this game?

The only thing left to potentially keep long-term players entertained is competitive play. Beyond that, we're only playing because we love BT/Mechwarrior long time.

#12 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

Think, MWO got it's last injection to survive. Just knowing how long its last breath is going to take. In the meantime, just events. Unless their is a miracle, surprise. MWO is the only thing I play, unlike going to game to game. Then will move to MW5.

Edited by GuardDogg, 24 June 2019 - 10:57 PM.

#13 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 24 June 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

MW5 releases, MWO dies?

If MW5 bombs, PGI dies along with MWO.

#14 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:58 PM

Never put all your eggs into one basket.

What could the community have done to improve MWO?

Buy Mechpacks to improve MWO? No..We bought Mechpacks...a lot in the last 3 years..What happened? Nothing.

Stop buying..then PGI will do something? No. PGI just stops selling Mechpacks.

So whatever we did. We asked for real improvements.

What did we got?

Solaris 7 wich needed some Hotfixes from the start and got a ghosttown after a few weeks?

CW got destroyed with the last 2 patches.

Leaderboard fixes? Nope.

I still play MWO. My friends list is long..but mostly grey now.

I saw a lot of drop leaders coming and going. The air is getting damned thin.

#15 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:00 AM

MWO dying is not impossible. History is littered with dead games over the decades. Just move on and play something else. Warframe looks alright, but I'll simply stay focused on my PS4. Cyberpunk 2077 looks interesting.

#16 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:37 AM

MWO has reached it's peak and is basically in maintenance mode. It's actually understandable for a game that is 6 years old. There will not be any new features added to the game, but they will continue with tweaks. I don't think MWO will get shut down for some time as long as enough people are playing it and the cost to keep it running is not significant. MW5 will not kill it outright because that's only single-player. MWO will probably stay around as long as the competitive players and die-hards stick around.

#17 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

**** son Warframe! I forgot about that old chestnut! I bet that is crazy different from when I last played that.

As for MWO there was never any real in game effort to get people into groups, form parties to play with, get involved more with the faction stuff. Ive never even made a drop deck not once, ive never even played any of the FW maps and ive been around since beta. The game has just never inticed me to join. Ive never had any in game squads or clans to join. So bumble through solo it is!

#18 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Personally I've moved on to City of Heroes now. Yeah, it's back...kinda. It's been resurrected by the player base making their own private servers. You gotta start all over (they can't access the original devs' character database) but it's still just as good as it always was. It's also completely free now. Not free-2-play, just free period.

https://forums.homec...opic,950.0.html

#19 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 24 June 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

If MW5 bombs, PGI dies along with MWO.

So true, If MW5 does well we will see it expand into a larger online competitive mode, MWO will migrate into it.

If MW5 bombs both games will be gone.

#20 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

They aren't going to add competitive MP to the MW5, if anything it'll be a seperate game if it happens at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users