Voicemod And No Push To Talk?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Necromedes

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

I recently got a subscription to VoiceMod . In case you don't what it is, its a voice changer app that automatically sets up a virtual device that you can plug into games and apps.

Thought it would be fun to use a voice mod that made it sound like I was actually speaking through a coms link.

That being said, ever since I installed it, the push to talk button isn't even being registered as pressed.

I have tested different capture modes, including Windows Audio, direct sound and of course, default.

I have tried using my normal headset mic instead of using the VoiceMod device that is now present and gotten nothing as well.

I have tested in not only the testing grounds but also in game and still nothing.

Has anyone else encountered an issue like this?

I read that there have been issues when using the TS app in game, so if anyone knows what could be causing this and a way to fix it, please let me know. I'm all ears.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:39 AM

Make sure capture is voicemod line.

Otherwise it wont play sounds at all; you can't talk through it either, but you can hear other people and ingame.

#3 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

I have non stop problems with mechwarrior and Plantronics headsets legend, and voyager

running of a csr bluetooth adapter,

one is newer then the other (battery time/ older newer)

THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT GIVES ME A HARD TIME

every other game is 100% mwo is 100% after i jump thru hoops..

i start the game, the connect i call for comms check, i get the comms check, 30 seconds its dissconnects i reconnect.. then i go in to settings ingame and re select the same settings that worked 30 seconds ago.. and it works untill i restart the instance, or turn the head set off... (legend)

The voyager... works fines.. but dies in about 15 min it doesnt play the same song and dance

(only this game)
every other game it then both work fine,

#4 Necromedes

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:26 PM

@Scout_Derek Right. I already set the capture device to voicemod line and and nothing. It's like the game isn't even acknowledging the fact that I'm pushing the talk button, no matter what setting I use. Its not just a case of people not being able to hear me, its that push to talk is essentially not working at all.

#5 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:38 PM

So your name doesn't show up on the bottom when hitting push to talk?
Have you tried setting a different key for push to talk?
Is there a activation button on voicemod or something else you are using?

#6 Necromedes

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

I have indeed changed the keybinding. I set it to the default caps lock button and it still didn't work.

The only PTT type of setting in voicemod is a button to activate the voice changer. I was encounting this issue before I set a keybinding for it and then, set it to the same keybinding in MWO, just in case that had something to do with it.

At this point, the only thing I can think of is that there is something in MWO that prevents use of something like this.

I hope that's not the case, considering I bought the subscription to voicemod specifically for this game...

Also, just to make sure, push to talk does still work in the testing grounds, right? I think I've used it by accident before and saw that it worked but I just want confirmation, if someone could, please.

I'll feel stupid if its been working all of this time and just not in the testing grounds.

#7 Necromedes

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

Alright, so just to confirm, the push to talk does indeed NOT work in testing grounds and just went through a match with PTT working fine.

Thread can now be closed.

Thanks for all of the help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users