Kgc-000 Build

20 replies to this topic

#1 Iyanna Pryde

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:10 AM

First of all I just want to say hello! This is my first post on the forums and just coming back after a long time away from the game! But it's been really fun, I've enjoyed my time back.

KGC-000 "Gorkamorka"

Armor: Ferro Fibrous
HS: Double
Structure: Standard
Engine: Light 325

Armament:
x6 AC2s
x1 Snub-Nose PPC

SP:
Firepower: 17/70
Survival: 33/35
Operations: 25/25
Sensors: 4/27

With ammo I come in at 99/100 tonnes. I've been having good luck with the AC2s and my overall tankiness is very decent. I am almost Tier 3 and I do want to improve my KGC since I have fallen in love with this mech. Any helpful tips on better builds or what I could do different I am all ears. I do have several million C-Bills to make any changes that are needed.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:45 AM

For starters, you're using Ferro but not Endo. You can fit Endo on that mech and carry more ammo or install a bigger engine.

Second, it's recommended that you don't share builds as lists of equipment but permalinks to builds on Smurfy ( https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ ) or MechDB ( https://www.nav-alpha.com/mech/ )
Third, take it from someone in T1 that in higher tiers the 6xAC2 build doesn't really work out perhaps except on Solaris. It's a sustained fire build that's screwed over by your low arm mounts and your mech's extremely wide frontal hitboxes.

Something I've personally had a lot of success with on a KGC is 2xUAC10+MRM40 - kinda toasty, but delivers a large amount of upfront damage. The classic 2xAC20 brawler builds are always a hoot, or you could try 2xMRM30+2xLB10X (which is admittedly a mite better on the KGC-001. If sustained fire appeals to you, experiment with using RACs.

#3 Iyanna Pryde

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

Thank you for the heads up! I used the build you suggested and I've been doing very well! Thank you!

#4 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:29 AM

Depends on the map you are given .

6 ac2 King Crab is an excellent sniper for Alpine peaks and tourmaline desert .

Although if I had to pick my best KGC it would be 2 lbx10 and 2 mrm 30 build .
Another good one would be 1 ac20 and multiple SRM 6 Artemis .

Don't forget to have fun . A very nice troll build is heavy machine guns and LRM 15 ,s

#5 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

It also can carry 3rac2 and 3ac2 with a light engine, a bit toasty but funny

#6 Mahotsukai

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:17 AM

Any advices on King Crab 000 as of Jan2021 Meta?

I returned to the game after several years of idle - and found it in my hangar, (L) version. But whatever I try with it - it does not seem to work for me. I just can not understand this mech.
I tried several specs from Mechspecs - LBX, AC10+AC2, 6AC2, 3RAC+UAC, MRM, ERPPC etc.
I play Mad Cat DS, Warhammer 6R, Vapor Eagle 1 with dual Gauss plus whatever they can - and have some success with them - but even 2Gau+2MLas+MRM does not seem to work for me in KGS (arms too low? mech too slow?).

What other optimal good lodout can it carry? Posted Image
Or is it my wrong tictacs?

Edited by Mahotsukai, 18 January 2021 - 10:18 AM.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:35 AM

View PostMahotsukai, on 18 January 2021 - 10:17 AM, said:

Any advices on King Crab 000 as of Jan2021 Meta?

I returned to the game after several years of idle - and found it in my hangar, (L) version. But whatever I try with it - it does not seem to work for me. I just can not understand this mech.
I tried several specs from Mechspecs - LBX, AC10+AC2, 6AC2, 3RAC+UAC, MRM, ERPPC etc.
I play Mad Cat DS, Warhammer 6R, Vapor Eagle 1 with dual Gauss plus whatever they can - and have some success with them - but even 2Gau+2MLas+MRM does not seem to work for me in KGS (arms too low? mech too slow?).

What other optimal good lodout can it carry? Posted Image
Or is it my wrong tictacs?

The main problem is that the King Crab is no longer "meta" anymore. Posted Image

#8 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

King Crabs are usually better off using the high hard points, so just plug in an MRM30/30 and a couple of energy weapons like LPLs. Toss some MG in the claws and it'll be decent plus you'll hit less teammates in the back (stupid arms).

#9 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone!
I am new here and want to ask some questions about the KGC mech. Since I want to buy one of these intimidating titans I wonder if the following build would be ever possible:
2x cER-PPCs
2x cLRM-15s
I might consider some additional electronic package as well but I mainly want it a zellbringen-duelist...
Thanks for the answers!

#10 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:54 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 30 January 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Hi everyone!
I am new here and want to ask some questions about the KGC mech. Since I want to buy one of these intimidating titans I wonder if the following build would be ever possible:
2x cER-PPCs
2x cLRM-15s
I might consider some additional electronic package as well but I mainly want it a zellbringen-duelist...
Thanks for the answers!

That would be hilariously undergunned.

KGC suffers from abysmal hitboxes and ridiculously wide arms. A handful of loadouts can still work somewhat. The 000 with 3RAC2 + 3AC2 has enough firepower to rapidly dig trough a mechs center torso fast enough the crabs downsides don't necessarily matter that much.

Another option I have enjoyed is the Kaiju using only the very high torso hardpoints that are well positioned. That one can do UAC20+MRM40+MRM20, which is the exact same loadout as on a typical Atlas, but Atlas does it better. The 001 can do stuff like 2Gauss + 2LPL with good quirks, which can also be fine. Or 2LB10 + lots of MRM.

None of the KGC's make a good platform for LRMs or PPC:s.

Edited by Gagis, 30 January 2021 - 12:56 PM.

#11 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:08 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 30 January 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Hi everyone!
2x cER-PPCs
2x cLRM-15s
Thanks for the answers!

You can't put clan weaponry on a King Crab because it is an Inner Sphere mech.

I recommend going to this site to try building a mech before you buy one - https://mech.nav-alpha.com/

Edited by Elizander, 30 January 2021 - 03:09 PM.

#12 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:57 AM

View PostGagis, on 30 January 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

That would be hilariously undergunned.

KGC suffers from abysmal hitboxes and ridiculously wide arms. A handful of loadouts can still work somewhat. The 000 with 3RAC2 + 3AC2 has enough firepower to rapidly dig trough a mechs center torso fast enough the crabs downsides don't necessarily matter that much.

Another option I have enjoyed is the Kaiju using only the very high torso hardpoints that are well positioned. That one can do UAC20+MRM40+MRM20, which is the exact same loadout as on a typical Atlas, but Atlas does it better. The 001 can do stuff like 2Gauss + 2LPL with good quirks, which can also be fine. Or 2LB10 + lots of MRM.

None of the KGC's make a good platform for LRMs or PPC:s.

I finally made my choice and bought an updated base model (with FF armour) and reset the payload: 2x UAC5s, 1x L.Pulse laser, 1x LRM20 + Artemis and 1 AMS, not to mention the BAP. Officially it has a firepower of 40\250 but thanks for the double heat-sinks this build (so far at least) can not overheat.
Well, I usually got destroyed but always deal 100+ damage and assist for 4-7 kills (according to the summaries), and I swear so far I could not make the heat go above 80% what is funny as I always use alpha strike if have direct LOS (if no, BAP + friendly LOS help to use my LRMs).

I really enjoy this mech and it looks the most cool IS mech ever in BT universe!
Now try to gather the money for a Summoner Prime what is also a solid build on it's own if the in-game stats are correct...

@Elizander
Thanks the tips and the link! Funny to build mechs from scratch but set-up the armour sometimes a bit boring. Thankfully MWO not strips all APs from the mech whenever I want to modify it...

#13 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:11 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 03 February 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

2x UAC5s, 1x L.Pulse laser, 1x LRM20 + Artemis and 1 AMS, not to mention the BAP. Officially it has a firepower of 40\250 but thanks for the double heat-sinks this build (so far at least) can not overheat.

Mixed loadouts are not very useful. The ultras are good for medium range but need you to lead with aim. The Large pulse is short to medium but needs hitscan aim, LRM is medium to long range but needs lock-on aim. Thats not great range or damage distribution synergy and THREE different aiming mechanisms. There's no way to effectively put you damage in the right spot with all of your weapons. Mechs work best when you play to their strenghts and do one thing well.

Also, if you never risk overheating, you would probably be better off using some of the tonnage and criticals spent on heat sinks on firepower, ammo or engine size instead.

Edited by Gagis, 03 February 2021 - 11:11 AM.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:35 AM

I finally made my choice and bought an updated base model
I really enjoy this mech and it looks the most cool IS mech ever in BT universe!
Now try to gather the money for a Summoner Prime what is also a solid build on it's own if the in-game stats are correct...

If I might say something, ask first before you spend money, C-Bills or effort on any 'Mech or upgrade. It can save you a lot of money and time in the future.

Because honestly, neither the King Crab nor the Thor are especially great 'Mechs.

#15 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:39 AM

Summoner with 2ERPPC is top tier meta mech, tho better in faction and competitions than in quick play.

#16 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:53 AM

View PostGagis, on 03 February 2021 - 11:39 AM, said:

Summoner with 2ERPPC is top tier meta mech, tho better in faction and competitions than in quick play.

Sure, but this build performs best when used by the competent players. I have seen a lot of PUGs in Quick Polay struggling with this - from their perspective - big and overheating 'Mech that they do not know how to utilize properly.

#17 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:22 PM

I finally made my choice and bought an updated base model (with FF armour)

Note that Ferro armour is always inferior to Endo structure in terms of weight-saving. On a 100t mech with maxed out armour you save 2 tons with Ferro but 5 tons with Endo. Both upgrades need 14 slots to fit.

#18 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:28 AM

I finally made my choice and bought an updated base model (with FF armour) and reset the payload: 2x UAC5s, 1x L.Pulse laser, 1x LRM20 + Artemis and 1 AMS, not to mention the BAP. Officially it has a firepower of 40\250
For a 100 ton mech, that is very undergunned.

Well, I usually got destroyed but always deal 100+ damage and assist for 4-7 kills (according to the summaries)
For an assault mech you should be looking at 300+ damage.

but thanks for the double heat-sinks this build (so far at least) can not overheat.

and I swear so far I could not make the heat go above 80% what is funny as I always use alpha strike if have direct LOS (if no, BAP + friendly LOS help to use my LRMs).
Which means your mech is either undergunned or overcooled. Heat is a resource, not something to be afraid of. Take out some heat sinks, add more weapons.

Thanks the tips and the link! Funny to build mechs from scratch but set-up the armour sometimes a bit boring.
There's an option to max armor allocation.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 04 February 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

Note that Ferro armour is always inferior to Endo structure in terms of weight-saving. On a 100t mech with maxed out armour you save 2 tons with Ferro but 5 tons with Endo. Both upgrades need 14 slots to fit.

Yes. It's a common mistake among newbies and casuals to assume that when Sarna says "Ferro offers more protection per ton" it translates to their existing armor allocation absorbing more damage. Which it doesn't, and I'm tired of hitting them with the noob stick.

Edited by Horseman, 21 February 2021 - 02:30 AM.

#19 Obeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM

I run a KGC-000 with:
2-RAC2s
2-LBX-2s
2-UltraAC2s
200 Light engine
DHSs
No ghost heat to deal with. Slower than **** but armored to hell and dakka supreme.

#20 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:43 AM

Why? Lbx2? Ultra 2 with racs?

3 racs2 with 3 ac2 would be just better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users