gp_mech_disable_autotarget = 1

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

What most anti-lrmers need to add to their user cfg:gmodes_all_ballsnams=1.

If you have that much trouble with one of the weakest and slowest weapons in the game how do you cope with a ppc going 2160 because that's how fast it can go with quirks and full velocity nodes. I'd have to put the guass on my hbk 4g to see how fast that goes. My hbk 4gcan guass a moving locust at 1000m.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:49 AM

I don't have any trouble with LRMs, did you misread my very short post?

#4 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:58 AM

also makes it so no one can steal your kills :D :D I like it

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 27 June 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

also makes it so no one can steal your kills Posted Image Posted Image I like it

someone gets it :thumb:

prevents useless LRMs from giving away that you have a target lined up, and perhaps even stealing your kill

Edited by Nightbird, 27 June 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#6 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 27 June 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

ppc going 2160 because that's how fast it can go with quirks and full velocity nodes.

I'm assuming PPC as any PPC weapon so...
How fast can PPC go.
PNT-9R
base ER PPC speed 1900 m/s
+40% quirk
+15% from skilltree
+37,5% from TC VIII
= +92,5% total
So if I can do math this is how fast PPC can go in the whole game = 3657,5 m/s
Pretty fast... and looks pretty cool.

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:30 AM

View PostNightbird, on 27 June 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

someone gets it :thumb:

prevents useless LRMs from giving away that you have a target lined up, and perhaps even stealing your kill

So you just wana complain you didn't get the "killing blow" for the little bonus it gives you because a lrm hit finished off the target? I just went though a few mechs with all the guass,lrm and ppcs for their data on mechs with quirks and speeds for comparison. With a velocity of 210-294 lrms are not fast at all.

Useless lrms huh? sounds like you shouldn't have pressed "r" for that lock for a lrm boat to fire at "your" target to steal "your kill."

i've got the chart of projectile speeds plus velocity quirks plus mech quirks from the hbk-4g,pnt-kk, and c4 but since lrms are the slowest projectile by far I'm not going to type it up.

Next time just don't press "r" or launch a uav,fire a narc, or use a tag laser to prevent that lrm boat from stealing "your kills."
Posted Image

#8 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:38 AM

Show me on the mech where the bad lrm man touched you...

#9 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 27 June 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Useless lrms huh? sounds like you shouldn't have pressed "r" for that lock for a lrm boat to fire at "your" target to steal "your kill."

*WHOOSH*

#10 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

"Kill-stealing." lol

#11 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:57 AM

please let me farm DCs in peace.

#12 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:59 AM

Sure do it for yourself. Stop targeting a portion of the population with your derision. Your attitude is poison.
Reading again. I do see the purpose.
Eg. As a light scouting you keep a visual and don't lock a target ( computer auto does same thing as pressing "R") Put it in that context.
NOT that LRMs are "keeping you down"
Seriously.
Stop it.

Edited by HammerMaster, 27 June 2019 - 10:07 AM.

#13 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:10 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 27 June 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

sounds like you shouldn't have pressed "r" for that lock for a lrm boat to fire at "your" target to steal "your kill."

I didn't press 'r'... this entire thread is entirely about disabling the feature where pointing your cross-hair at mech auto-targets it.

#14 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostNightbird, on 27 June 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

I didn't press 'r'... this entire thread is entirely about disabling the feature where pointing your cross-hair at mech auto-targets it.

No it isn't.
Your thread name: "Say No To Lrms"
Means you ARE LRM bashing.

#15 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 27 June 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

No it isn't.
Your thread name: "Say No To Lrms"
Means you ARE LRM bashing.

I didn't say I wasn't bashing :D

#16 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

View PostNightbird, on 27 June 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

I didn't say I wasn't bashing Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by HammerMaster, 27 June 2019 - 10:22 AM.

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostNightbird, on 27 June 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Just added this line to your user.cfg file:

gp_mech_disable_autotarget = 1

What I read:
"Say no to teamwork."
"It's kill stealing, don't take my kills."
"It's all about me, forget the team."
"Look at my K/D rate people."

What this game should be about:
"Thanks for securing that kill. One less enemy to worry about to shoot back at the team."
"Hey, guys. So you know, there's an enemy over here."
"Nice job team, we did well. Yes, even you with less than 100 damage to your name. You may have not done well, but your actions held off the enemy flankers enough for the team to deal with the threat in front of us and then turn around to face them."
"Great job pulling their backs to face us. You may have sacrificed your own performance for the action, but we managed to drop that assault mech from the back from that. Good distraction."

Maybe it's not how you intended to sound, but that's what I kinda read from this. "Get your filthy LRMs out of my game."

#18 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostTesunie, on 27 June 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

What I read:
"Say no to teamwork."
"It's kill stealing, don't take my kills."
"It's all about me, forget the team."
"Look at my K/D rate people."

What this game should be about:
"Thanks for securing that kill. One less enemy to worry about to shoot back at the team."
"Hey, guys. So you know, there's an enemy over here."
"Nice job team, we did well. Yes, even you with less than 100 damage to your name. You may have not done well, but your actions held off the enemy flankers enough for the team to deal with the threat in front of us and then turn around to face them."
"Great job pulling their backs to face us. You may have sacrificed your own performance for the action, but we managed to drop that assault mech from the back from that. Good distraction."

Maybe it's not how you intended to sound, but that's what I kinda read from this. "Get your filthy LRMs out of my game."

you must be playing a different game than the rest of us

#19 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:56 AM

I mean, it's your decision to add whatever you like to your config file, but this actively makes the job for the rest of the team harder. I want your targeting data so that I can make informed targeting choices and I don't even use LRMs.

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 27 June 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

you must be playing a different game than the rest of us

Apparently.

I mean, I normally like allies to get locks so the whole team knows where the enemy is. It's not just helpful to LRMs after all. I've also seen too many people not get a lock, and thus not shoot vulnerable components (such as the red right torso, when instead they are going for that pristine leg). Or to help focus a target down by having the lock (so everyone can see where they are), calling it's designation in comms (especially important in premade teams on comms), and having people focus on the target (especially in critically damage locations).

Now, this isn't to say anything about "autolock", as people should become adjusted to getting locks manually anyway. LRM pilots should also be accustomed and willing to get their own locks, while willing to assist with other people's locks as needed until they can get their own locks. (Maybe I'm one of the few LRM people who do aim to get my own locks when I use LRMs... I don't know.) So, honestly, autolock should not be needed anyway, as people should be getting locks themselves. It's mostly there to just help the new players.

Now comes the big question: If you are intentionally not getting locks just because there are LRMs in your match/team, is that technically griefing (nonpunishable without knowing motive of course) of LRM players? I mean, motive is mentioned in the question, as the intention is to hinder the performance of an ally LRM player, (whom I'd image teams would want to utilize their teammates to the best of the teams ability to improve chances to win the match, right?). And isn't the shear definition of griefing the intentional actions of a player to hinder another player's ability to play the game? (After all, intentionally blocking another player's movement and shooting ability by your movements in the game is classified as griefing. So is intentional team damage and intentional TKing.)

PS: You can also press R to drop the lock manually. Also, if you have a lock on someone else, you wont acquire an autolock on what you are looking/shooting at actively.
Note: If you are also talking about "first locks" being automatic, I might also remind that if you are the first one to lock a target, you get scouting bonuses for that lock. Also, as the lock data is shared, other people on your team now would know where someone from the enemy team is, and either start to counter position or move to engage... (which can be good and bad.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users