- - - - -

Order Of Ammo Usage?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sealord

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:28 AM

So, I've been playing for a while now but I've gottoen a bit confused as to ammo lately, to not just lose everything when one location gets destroyed, I tend to place my ammo all over my 'Mech, though, at least from experience (completely possible that it's 100% untrue) it feels like no matter which part of my 'Mech is destroyed, as long as I put ammo there I lose pretty much the rest of the ammo of that type I had.

So, long story short, my question would be if there is any actual order in which the ammo on the different locations of my 'Mech is used up? (eg. head, limbs, sidetorsos, center torso), Is it completely random?
Second part of the question: If there is no set order, are the ammo bins in a destroyed location just always assumed to be as full as possible at the time the location was destroyed? Or are they presumed to be as empty as possible?

Example: I have a 'Mech I equipped with a LB-X 20AC in his left side torso, with 1 ton of ammo in both side torsos, so, logically, if my left side torso is destroyed, I should lose the weapon itself, making it unusuable (duh), and if I lose the right one, I should lose half of my ammo if I had not shot a single time before getting my side torso destroyed, here's the thing... what if I have shot through exactly half of my ammo reserves, would I then lose no ammo (the game presuming that the ammo bin that got destroyed was empty), half of my remaining ammo (the game taking ammo from all ammo bins evenly), all of my remaining ammo (the game presuming that the ammo bin that got destroyed was the full one)? And if its one of the former, could I change it by storing the ammo somewhere else or are destroyed locations just always presumed to be the first/last ones from which the weapon is fed?

Sorry for the long post and potentially stupid question and thanks in advance for answers

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:58 AM

https://mwomercs.com...-usage-in-game/

Posted Image

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:17 AM

Just to clear some items up, Clan's UAC/AC ammo count is the number of pellets per shot vs most of IS UAC/AC, AC5/10/20 and UAC 2/5 are all 1 pellets/shot, isUAC 10/20 have multiple pellets per shot.

Clan mechs have all sections enclosed/equipped in CASE, preventing ammo explosions from travelling and damaging an adjacent location. If/when there is a crit that hits the ammo, then a roll to determine if it explodes, if it explodes then the number of ammo pellets left does it damage. This is for all ammo except for Gauss ammo, it is the rifle itself that explodes.

There is no ability to dump ammo. So say your LB-X 20AC is destroyed, all of the unused ammo is still there. And ton of LB-X 20AC has 8 shots. For LB-X ammo, the pellets/shot are not counted as individual pellets for the ammo count, thankfully.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...ment#ammo_types

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users