You Know It's Time To Make A Change When..

34 replies to this topic

#1 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

8 out of 10, and now my post would make 9 out of 11 of the most recent topics is asking to get rid of incursion, and change the win condition on conquest.

Or eliminate both of then and give more siege maps.

If over 90% of your recent fourm posts are asking for something, and you as a company wont even address what the community is asking of...you should probably re-think your business model, or requirements to even come out of hiding.

Your playerbase is scary because were passionate, and regardless if you ment too or not, your making it look like you dont care, by recent actions of many high standing employees.

#2 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

yea incursion can burn in hell!
siege 100% baby
counter attaaaack
hoooold the dooooor

#3 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 28 June 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

8 out of 10, and now my post would make 9 out of 11 of the most recent topics is asking to get rid of incursion, and change the win condition on conquest.

If over 90% of your recent fourm posts are asking for something, and you as a company wont even address what the community is asking of...you should probably re-think your business model, or requirements to even come out of hiding.

Your playerbase is scary because were passionate, and regardless if you ment too or not, your making it look like you dont care, by recent actions of many high standing employees.

PGI have few months till MW5 comes out and they better make a change quick.

It will be the last time for a long time before new surge of people start downloading or logging back in to MWO.

CW needs to stick this time so the game keeps living .
In order for CW to stick it needs to be difficult.
In other words more siege.
New players need to ask for guidance from the veterans preferably join a unit after getting smashed again and again.
In order for the game to have happy veterans ... PGI needs to cater to them.

What PGI have done is completely the opposite for years.
Introduced quickplay map into CW so the quickplay players feel "comfortable" in trying the mode.
Aye, and they feel very comfortable right up until the point of solid 12 man hands them their a$$ and they feel cheated .

The game needs to be hard so people commit .

Again .. more siege !!!

And leave my Boreal alone!

#4 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:35 AM

So you want to take out the only game modes that don't boil down to a Skirmish? I don't play FW much, but when I do I love conquest, specifically in FW, in quick play it's just another flavour of Skirmish as the rest of game modes, but in FW playing the objective gets the win 90% of the time. Good thing imo.

#5 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostBrizna, on 28 June 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

So you want to take out the only game modes that don't boil down to a Skirmish? I don't play FW much, but when I do I love conquest, specifically in FW, in quick play it's just another flavour ouf Skirmish as the rest of game modes, but in FW playing the objective gets the win 90% of the time. Good thing imo.

I want to take out the garbage that is quick play with respawns. Get your lrm maps out of my pool of gameplay. I'm tired of squashing you lrm boats like bugs, then you comming to the fourms complaining about the boogeyman that is 12 mans that ran up to your lrm boat and smashed your teeth in.

The cw players, the actual ones, who know who they are. Dont lie to yourself here. For 4 long seasons we had the same maps, had to push through the same chokes, and brawl to the death for years, meanwhile your slinging missiles you dont even have to aim, or bringing a kitchen sink build to qp and calling it ok.

Neat, great I'm glad you like doing that. I dont. I have a mode for what I want to do. Then casuals complained enough to get qp maps in cw. And now it's almost always a qp map.

How about we take out qp maps in qp and force It to only be siege. 12v12 1 wave siege.. it wouldn't take more than a few days for all those qp players to demand their modes back.

How dare you put siege into qp after all these years! It's not fair we didnt want it.

Good now you know how we feel.

Give us siege back

#6 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

I don't wanna dump conquest, and I really don't want to play the same 5 siege maps over and over again.

Incursion should def go.

#7 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:21 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 28 June 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

[..]5 siege maps [..]

Six. Not five. Six.

#8 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

PGI doesn't do things to increase pop, stop being crazy. There's a devious plan on par with the Producers for sure in the background.

#9 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 28 June 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

I want to take out the garbage that is quick play with respawns. Get your lrm maps out of my pool of gameplay.

This. It's not even about the QP modes themselves (except crappy incursion ofc). It's just the maps that happen to be LRM-sh*tfest 90% of the time everytime it is caustic, polar, alpine, frozen city, you name it. It's just got to the point I've seen ppl quit the game right in the lobby any time they saw caustic or polar.
Not to mention these maps were never meant to be played in CW which ends up in constant drop zone farming every single match no matter what.

#10 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:13 PM

Endorsed!

#11 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:53 PM

...you're making it look like obvious you dont care...

FTFY

#12 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:44 AM

Cheekiez for prez in 2020! With or without pants.

#13 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:12 AM

Did someone say "counter-attack"??????

"No no no, that would be too much fun, the players would love that" - PGI

#14 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:01 AM

Incursion is the manifestation of the punishment Cthulhu has deemed appropriate to address mankind's many sins.

#15 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

incursion seems fine to me

what exactly is wrong with incursion ??

#16 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 June 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

incursion seems fine to me

what exactly is wrong with incursion ??

It's a mode where the optimal winning strategy is to not shoot mechs but focus entirely on base rushing.

#17 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

Hey remember the days when FP had all siege, we all played to gain planets, and people actually cared about units and factions?

Yeah...

#18 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:23 PM

You are all wrong and ugly and smell. But by all means keep whining to remove what little variety is left in this game.

#19 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 29 June 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

You are all wrong and ugly and smell. But by all means keep whining to remove what little variety is left in this game.

What variety ?
All we wanted is a new siege map every few months.

I lost plenty of good friends due the fact they were not calling
quick play with 4 drops a variety and the lack of siege.

#20 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

I don't know guys it seems like your crying over to much

i have a long list of things I don't like

but if I had my way and changed all the items it would be Dave's MWO and most of you would leave

I been hearing people complain they want content for years but when they get content they then complain about the content

I was calling FP alpha warrior on-line
you just sit 150 meters apart and see who can out alpha the other team/guy/gal

is that what you guys want just a peek poke game where the so called top players use there team mates for meat shields
while they rack up there personnel scores ??

maybe you guys can suggest some improvements/changes or other modes

Edited by Davegt27, 30 June 2019 - 07:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users