Nascar Worst Tactic

172 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

Nascar is by far the worst single tactic of a group in qp ever. i can play 25 qp matches in a day and out of those i see my team in a favorable firing position in more than a few to start and the noobs will nascar out of it with heavies and assualts trying to follow with a sheep like herd mentality in most and invariably my team loses regardless of how many kills a few people get on my side. do i make mistakes? oh yeah but i have noticed i have learned and even the top players refuse almost to a man to face me alone in a straight up 1v1 fight. make no mistake however i do not claim to be the best, i just claim to be competent in trying to guide my team but for the most part the sheep wont listen. again i sqy nascar is the single worst tactic in a qp for most any group to consider, especially if you have buildings to hide behind.

#2 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:16 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 30 June 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

i just claim to be competent in trying to guide my team

How so?
https://mwomercs.com...Douglas+grizzly

Saying it bluntly, you lose more often than you win, you die more often than you kill, and you score less than the average player. I don't think you are ready for leadership yet.

Just stop blaming your team, and do not berate your teammates by calling them 'noobs' or 'sheep'.

#3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

I won't be as blunt, but a friendly meant comment:

maybe when you start bringing less lurms&narcs to fw, people are less eager to bring up stats the moment you post sth like that. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 30 June 2019 - 07:44 AM.

#4 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:53 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 30 June 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

maybe when you start bringing less lurms&narcs to fw, people are less eager to bring up stats the moment you post sth like that. Posted Image

I don't mind the lurms, I just dislike it when people insult their teammates.

When somebody calls other players 'noobs' etc., and has very strong opinions on tactics in this game, I look up his stats.

#5 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 30 June 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

Also https://leaderboard....Douglas+grizzly
Being a 40 percentile player and claiming competence in the same sentence is a bold

oh yeah but i have noticed i have learned and even the top players refuse almost to a man to face me alone in a straight up 1v1 fight.

And who would that be if I may ask? Sounds like another bold claim and I bet you wont give a name.

Edited by Antares102, 30 June 2019 - 07:54 AM.

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

lol. If I beat you in a 1v1 you're just going to accuse me of cheating.

#7 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

Had a 1.03 W/L rate the season he performed at the 16th percentile from a large sample size.

ELO is the master stat, what?

Sorry, sorry. Ahem.

especially if you have buildings to hide behind

Be the hammer, not the anvil.

#8 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

AS i figured the trolls and the ones who got their panties hurt are speaking out. no worries truth hurts regardless of what others say. as for lrms i dont use them as much as people think i do. in many terrains in fw i prefer laser or dacca over lrms.

#9 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

Give up with any hope of tactics,team work and any other words that have that effect in qp. Just have fun in qp using your mech trying tons of builds even "bad" non meta ones but most importantly forget about the winning equals fun mentaility or you'll find qp to be hell.

Also don't be a stat warrior only caring that your w/l or kdr or whatever went up or down by .01 percent. No one (but them) give a dam about stats. Unless you're gambling on mwo match outcomes and players as if mwo is like a boxing match or baseball game. My stats suck and get worse every second I pilot an atlas.

#10 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:37 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 30 June 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

No one (but them) give a dam about stats.

On the contrary, most players are very concerned about winning, thus the number of wins is a very important statistic.
Also, most players have way more fun when winning, killing and scoring high - again, important statistics. See the OP is doing badly in those fields, and he does not seem to enjoy his matches...

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 30 June 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

no worries truth hurts regardless of what others say.

Truth is you are a subpar player. I don't see how anyone could be hurt by this, except you of course.

#11 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:41 AM

Some online games are known for good graphics, or for good Gameplay.... and some games are known for 24 Players who are running in circles…. you decide what you prefer Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:18 AM

We thank you for shielding our backsides with your LRM boat as we NASCARed. You served your only purpose

#13 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

even the top players refuse almost to a man to face me alone in a straight up 1v1 fight.

If you've ever wondered why MWO QP matches can be so horrible, I present to you This Guy.

This is a freakin 40th percentile player.

#14 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 30 June 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

AS i figured the trolls and the ones who got their panties hurt are speaking out. no worries truth hurts regardless of what others say.

You're right, the truth does hurt and the truth is that you are a sub-par/below average player. You think you are a better player than you actually are and as a result you are blaming your teams for your own lack of performance. You're never going to get better because you aren't willing to admit there is a problem in the first place.

Nascar is by far the worst single tactic of a group in qp ever.

Except that it isn't. It's not the best tactic, but it's far from the worst. Other worse tactics include:

Spread out in all directions.
Assaults capping
Taking the basement on HPG

do i make mistakes? oh yeah but i have noticed i have learned and even the top players refuse almost to a man to face me alone in a straight up 1v1 fight. make no mistake however i do not claim to be the best,

I'll be blunt, you aren't worth their time to fight. They could certainly destroy you in a 1v1. If you're that good in a 1v1 you should play Solaris and then you can demonstrate your skill. You won't however, because you can't. You'd get destroyed in Solaris and you wouldn't be able to blame your team anymore.

You want to 1v1 someone? I'll fight you. I'm not the best, but I'm willing to put this claim to rest.

i just claim to be competent in trying to guide my team but for the most part the sheep wont listen.

The problem is that you aren't as competent as you think that you are. You think you're smarter/better than you actually are. Stop blaming your teammates and have some introspection on how you can improve yourself.

again i sqy nascar is the single worst tactic in a qp for most any group to consider, especially if you have buildings to hide behind.

Hiding behind builds in also not a good strategy. Arguably worse than nascar.

#15 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 30 June 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

Some online games are known for good graphics, or for good Gameplay.... and some games are known for 24 Players who are running in circles…. you decide what you prefer Posted Image Posted Image

Like Assetto Corsa? Posted Image

#16 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostXiphias, on 30 June 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

Except that it isn't. It's not the best tactic, but it's far from the worst. Other worse tactics include:

Assaults capping

Obviously you never done it in a Dire Wolf that obliterated the enemy conga line as they desperately and quite futilely tried to return to their base, much less three times in a single night. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 30 June 2019 - 09:54 AM.

#17 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

BTW he made another NASCAR thread jsut a few days ago.
https://mwomercs.com...274016-baffled/

#18 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostMystere, on 30 June 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Obviously you never done it in a Dire Wolf that obliterated the enemy conga line as they desperately and quite futilely tried to return to their base, much less three times in a single night. Posted Image

I'm more referring to conquest than assault. Regardless, the exceptions don't disprove the rule. Assault capping is bad more often than it is good. If the whole team is doing it that's something else entirely.

#19 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Fairly amusing thread, but the 1v1 stuff overly exposed you as a troll.

#20 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:43 PM

Nascar is by far the worst single tactic of a group in qp ever. i can play 25 qp matches in a day and out of those i see my team in a favorable firing position in more than a few to start and the noobs will nascar out of it with heavies and assualts trying to follow with a sheep like herd mentality in most and invariably my team loses regardless of how many kills a few people get on my side. do i make mistakes? oh yeah but i have noticed i have learned and even the top players refuse almost to a man to face me alone in a straight up 1v1 fight. make no mistake however i do not claim to be the best, i just claim to be competent in trying to guide my team but for the most part the sheep wont listen. again i sqy nascar is the single worst tactic in a qp for most any group to consider, especially if you have buildings to hide behind.

For years being trying to help break the problem. But in forums here, you are bound to lose. In rounds, you will hear many dislike it, but never do anything to defeat it. Also most of the time, you will hear a pilot complain about nascaring after the pilot is destroyed. But never speaks on mic before, or right after a drop to come up with a tactic, to avoid nascar. But same when you do, half the team will follow a plan, because nascar is molded into their minds, where to go. Watching pilots in MWO is like watching rats in a bowl. The science is questionable, "why do MWO pilots do this, and refuse to stop nascaring? Why do they keep moving to the right, and the rats that do try to defeat it, get bitten. Then later have to accept nascaring or else?" Furthermore, domination helps on the nascar problem, that it will never go away. Having a slow mech that is Battletech going 38Kph, is considered slow, and you will find yourself on your own. Even 60kph is not easy to keep up, and those in front leading, helps on problem. So, really, their is no tactical in MWO. None at all. Just observe the rats in the bowl, and you will be able to find a way, that nascar can be broken on your behalf, most other team mates couldn't care about you, or I, even when you are in the back. They will start questioning, and make you feel like MWO is a job for them "Look at his/her stats", or look at his/her match score right after a round, and question, "what was he/she doing?" or insult your movements. The ones in front of the nascar are not helping defeat nascar, that other team mates follow, and you will see a line formation to the center of the map (or close to center).

Edited by GuardDogg, 30 June 2019 - 06:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users