3 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 September 2021 - 06:51 PM

In the sale that just ended, I picked up a Dervish 6MR because 50% off cBills. The quirks could use some improvement, but I kitted it out with 2 MRM20’s and 6 medium lasers, skilled it up and launched.

https://mech.nav-alp...acfea1aa_DV-6MR

And I’m finding out that it’s CT hit box is pretty unforgiving. If I torso twist like a boss, I can use the 20% reduced damage side torsos to soak damage, but with the MRMs I don’t always twist that hard… and it’s killing me out there. As in I’ve never died to a side torso destruction with an XL engine on board, it’s always CT destruction.

So… inspire me. What are some other good builds for a 6MR ?

#2 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 12:36 AM

Speed is your friend. And pop-tarting
https://mech.nav-alp...e0413278_DV-6MR

#3 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 12:40 AM

6MPL with small rocket launchers for the torso bonus works well. Its a serious option in competitive play, tho its long sexy legs tend to get an uncomfortable amount of attention when facing experienced opponents.

I'd leave the missiles for the variant that has the delicious reduced spread quirk.

Edited by Gagis, 04 September 2021 - 12:41 AM.

#4 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 September 2021 - 05:27 AM

if ind the 4MR makes a great LRM platform. my current build is as follows..

DV-6MR (2 LRM-25 (5 1/2t ammo), 4 ER SLs, L-AMS, running an LE-265, 2 DHS with endo and LFF (full armor - 7pts each leg))

i ts not the fastest thing in the world (78.1kph) but its enough to keep up with the team and catch up when you fall victim to LRM tunnel vision (happens to the best of us). 2 LRM-15 give a surprising amount o LRM fire from a Medium mech. you could always strip out the L-AMS for a bigger engine, a TAG, or even swappin the SLs for something bigger. hell you could even get rid of the LFF switch to an XL engine (if you feel comfortable with them) and have room for 4 MLs instead of SLs with almost a full ton left over (comes in at 54.2) for an extra DHS or ammo (not quite enough for 2 LRM-20s even if you strip the AMS)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 04 September 2021 - 05:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users