Mode Gameplay

19 replies to this topic

#1 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 05:58 AM

What if they removed conquest from invasion and instead brought back scouting as conquest (4v4 lights and mediums) with a reduced ticket count, instead of the controversial scouting game mode we all know and love.

Either way PGI needs to bring scouting back!

That is all.

#2 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 06:34 AM

FP conquest does not suck.

#3 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 07:07 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 19 March 2022 - 06:34 AM, said:

FP conquest does not suck.

It is the worst faction game mode by far. The ticket increase has reduced what was once at least an interesting game mode into what is once again merely skirmish with extra steps…… only this time the extra steps are far more annoying.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 11:22 AM

Most conquest matches still end to points. The only thing that can make it anoying is pgi does not change to random game mode and random defender/ attacker. It can get boring to have 5 conquest in a row.

Big no to scouting.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 19 March 2022 - 11:30 AM.

#5 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 12:07 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 19 March 2022 - 11:22 AM, said:

Most conquest matches still end to points. The only thing that can make it anoying is pgi does not change to random game mode and random defender/ attacker. It can get boring to have 5 conquest in a row.

Big no to scouting.

The 4v4 game play of scouting was fully awesome. I still cannot for the life of me figure out why people hate scouting. The game mode had a few flaws but over all the game play was often fun and if there was a better way to execute the 4v4 game mode I honestly can’t think of one reason for peoples illogical hatred of it.

#6 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 03:06 PM

Except for seige, conquest is the best mode in faction play, especially when you have solid competition on both sides. It also gives weaker teams the opportunity to win by forcing deathball dropzone farming teams to spread out to keep thier cap lead.

In conquest the objective actually matters, and normally takes long enough for a good fight to happen. Its also the hardest mode to cheese, favoring solid all around play and map control.

Skirmish, having no objective just caters mostly to cancerous snipers who want to farm with a pug armour of three waves of mechs.

Assault is almost as bad. The base can be used to pull campers out of thier nests. But its also vulnerable to cheesy stacks on the cap.

Domination, the timer is too short. Especially on maps where the circles is a slog from dropzones (forest colony, polar highlands, grim plexus)

Incursion, can be fun if both sides are playing straight up. But instead its mostly a chore and lightrushes along the side of the map can end the game instantly.

#7 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 03:51 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 19 March 2022 - 03:06 PM, said:

Except for seige, conquest is the best mode in faction play, especially when you have solid competition on both sides. It also gives weaker teams the opportunity to win by forcing deathball dropzone farming teams to spread out to keep thier cap lead.

In conquest the objective actually matters, and normally takes long enough for a good fight to happen. Its also the hardest mode to cheese, favoring solid all around play and map control.

Skirmish, having no objective just caters mostly to cancerous snipers who want to farm with a pug armour of three waves of mechs.

Assault is almost as bad. The base can be used to pull campers out of thier nests. But its also vulnerable to cheesy stacks on the cap.

Domination, the timer is too short. Especially on maps where the circles is a slog from dropzones (forest colony, polar highlands, grim plexus)

Incursion, can be fun if both sides are playing straight up. But instead its mostly a chore and lightrushes along the side of the map can end the game instantly.

Unfortunately incursion was taken out of the rotation and when it comes to conquest I used to agree with you. But the ticket counter increased has made it little more than skirmish (except only 44-46 deaths instead of 48 for the losing team) where teams don’t really need to spread out to much to win wether that be from map construction (crimson straight) or just from a mind set of (the cap lead doesn’t matter once we steamroll the other team then we will cap). All efforts to go for caps on the team with inferior skill become moot in the end as it becomes a pride swallowing siege of crushed hopes that never meant anything in the first place. Your cap lead doesn’t matter anymore, who ever kills more mechs is going to win in the end because the game will only end once one side runs out of mechs to hold the line.it’s just skirmish but then again that’s what everyone wanted I guess…….

#8 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 07:31 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 19 March 2022 - 12:07 PM, said:

The 4v4 game play of scouting was fully awesome. I still cannot for the life of me figure out why people hate scouting

It's because you can hide the entire match and "win" by getting to the drop ship.

Teams only fight until one of them has to start running ECM/stealth lights and running for the green smoke to win because they can't win otherwise.

Edited by Knownswift, 20 March 2022 - 07:31 AM.

#9 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 02:53 PM

View PostKnownswift, on 20 March 2022 - 07:31 AM, said:

It's because you can hide the entire match and "win" by getting to the drop ship.

Teams only fight until one of them has to start running ECM/stealth lights and running for the green smoke to win because they can't win otherwise.

I get that, I was saying, what if we changed it to conquest. Problem solved.

#10 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 05:35 AM

Doesnt work. A more buckets. B more buckets.

And that it is not just an f1 sim u need to reduce the cap points drastically (2) and will need incredible amount of fine tuning for 0 benefit/only remotely work as an 4vs4 brawl mode.

#11 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 05:00 PM

Faction play conquest is better than quickplay conquest any day of the week.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 03:38 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 21 March 2022 - 05:00 PM, said:

Faction play conquest is better than quickplay conquest any day of the week.

yea, faction play was always more fertile ground for game modes beyond skirmish. being able to respawn let you prioritize objectives over survival, which in turn makes gameplay more dynamic and exciting. this works so long as the cap victory takes less time than the kill victory. a slightly higher cap goal would probibly improve it. of course the qp modes were designed for qp and pgi was just throwing them at fp to see what sticks. conquest was really the only one that did. new modes designed specifically for the fp deck format would have been pretty good and better than anything you could have done for qp. siege purists always throw a monkey wrench into that kind of thing (and to be fair the last couple times i dropped in fp, i didnt get any siege, and that sucked).

Edited by LordNothing, 22 March 2022 - 03:39 PM.

#13 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 06:16 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 March 2022 - 03:38 PM, said:

yea, faction play was always more fertile ground for game modes beyond skirmish. being able to respawn let you prioritize objectives over survival, which in turn makes gameplay more dynamic and exciting. this works so long as the cap victory takes less time than the kill victory. a slightly higher cap goal would probibly improve it. of course the qp modes were designed for qp and pgi was just throwing them at fp to see what sticks. conquest was really the only one that did. new modes designed specifically for the fp deck format would have been pretty good and better than anything you could have done for qp. siege purists always throw a monkey wrench into that kind of thing (and to be fair the last couple times i dropped in fp, i didnt get any siege, and that sucked).

Kill victory always happens before cap now because of high tickets.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 10:28 PM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 22 March 2022 - 06:16 PM, said:

Kill victory always happens before cap now because of high tickets.

did they change the tickets recently?

Edited by LordNothing, 22 March 2022 - 10:29 PM.

#15 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:06 AM

Nope. His team is prob just outplayed hard. I had no kill loss or win in conquest for month.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 23 March 2022 - 07:10 AM.

#16 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:04 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 March 2022 - 10:28 PM, said:

Tickets are 1750 not 1250

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:05 PM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 23 March 2022 - 03:04 PM, said:

Tickets are 1750 not 1250

it was still 1250 last i played. 1750 seems a little high. i was pushing more for 1500 but i guess the skirmish purists got their way.

#18 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:06 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 March 2022 - 10:28 PM, said:

It seems you haven't played faction play in a couple months. Tickets are 1750 not 1250

#19 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:10 PM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 23 March 2022 - 03:06 PM, said:

It seems you haven't played faction play in a couple months. Tickets are 1750 not 1250

that sounds about right. i played a couple games on a whim a month or two ago, but i only got domination. i usually read the patch notes, but it was either not in there or i glossed over it. id like to play more but my schedule usually conflicts with the peak hours.

#20 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 05:32 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 March 2022 - 03:10 PM, said:

that sounds about right. i played a couple games on a whim a month or two ago, but i only got domination. i usually read the patch notes, but it was either not in there or i glossed over it. id like to play more but my schedule usually conflicts with the peak hours.

Yea, needless to say it’s bad now

View PostLordNothing, on 23 March 2022 - 03:10 PM, said:

The only real difference is it makes it harder to DZ farm the last 5 or so mechs because the game does normally end before 48. But it’s always over 42 kills. Less than half a wave left getting rolled by skirmish farms. Or rolling people because you are skirmish farming them. Bad either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users