#202 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:26 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 17 July 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

I appreciate what you are saying but I am not quite sure you took it the way I intended. More I am pointing out that there are more reason than 'it's the baddies'.

There are always multiple reasons for everything, however all the reasons matter differently, and from what I can tell "its the baddies" is the primary reason.

My point is there is no where in the game where hot light on light action is really promoted.

I'm not sure it should be promoted tho. I mean, there are countless options and its impossible to promote everything. I've taken part in player-run light tournaments, I'm fairly sure there will be more at some point if you want to try your hand at it. However I'm quite often finding myself in 1v1 light fights in the QP solo queue. If you play your light aggressively enough and not afraid to separate from the herd then you are bound to do 1v1 vs pretty much all classes a lot. Its not always a clean duel, but its up to you to lure your opponent into a perfect 1v1 in QP. Apart from that you can always grab a few friends and do any sort of light shenenegans in lobby.

So back to my point, I am not really trying to debate you outside from saying it's not just bad players that are not interested and there are piles of reasons why it didn't work. As well I'd point out the timing also seemed kinda off to me and probably would have had more success if introduced earlier on, but that's just me speculating.

Thats true tho about the timing. My main point was however that Solaris fail was not because of just something specific that was wrong with Solaris, but rather because pretty much everything PGI does ends up in a fail. Its not Solaris specific, its just that 5 years of previous fails pretty much meant that Solaris couldn't not fail at that point.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 18 July 2019 - 03:27 AM.

#203 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:57 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 18 July 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

1455 players qualified for minimal 25 Solaris matches last season. And ~21.000 players registered playing the game at all at the same time. That is ~7% of the total population. So please, spread your lies somewhere else.

The top 100 players in each division or 1,400 positions get free MC. There are also kick-off events that offer MC for playing 7 matches every season. And yet only 1,455 players bothered to qualify?

The very definition of dead and deserted. People actually play QP and FP without events.

#204 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:01 AM

Stop blaming the players for PGI's mistakes. Similar to my QP thread (https://mwomercs.com...thread-we-need/) it's simple enough to create a MM for Solaris that ensures decently close matches every time. PGI just doesn't put any effort in math, I guess it's a company full of artsy types.

Edited by Nightbird, 18 July 2019 - 06:01 AM.

#205 slowcrash101

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

Giving me MC has no bearing on whether I purchase more or not. I just see it as a cheaper color, or a cheaper way to skill up mechs or get mech bays etc. I had 500 gifted MC and I still bought a $14.99 package.

#206 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostNightbird, on 18 July 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

The top 100 players in each division or 1,400 positions get free MC. There are also kick-off events that offer MC for playing 7 matches every season. And yet only 1,455 players bothered to qualify?

The very definition of dead and deserted. People actually play QP and FP without events.

LOL ... so? ... People play Solaris without events too. And obviously less people would have played QP if there weren't events in it. Again, thats 1455 players who's done at least 25 matches. QP tracks all the people who's done even 1 match. Amount of players who's done at least 25 in QP is actually about 11.000. So, it seems that more than 10% of player population is actually playing Solaris, which apparently means "dead and deserted" for some delusional individuals here ...

#207 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 18 July 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

LOL ... so? ... People play Solaris without events too. And obviously less people would have played QP if there weren't events in it. Again, thats 1455 players who's done at least 25 matches. QP tracks all the people who's done even 1 match. Amount of players who's done at least 25 in QP is actually about 11.000. So, it seems that more than 10% of player population is actually playing Solaris, which apparently means "dead and deserted" for some delusional individuals here ...

Solaris matches are maybe 2-3 minutes each? 10% of the population of QP with 25 matches, but only 2.5% the time spent in the mode compared to QP, that's D E A D.

Tying it back to the OP, without the events, the mode would be completely dead, so the give-aways are keeping the mode on life-support.

(so, only brain dead vegetable on life-support, not actually dead, if we're splitting hairs)

#208 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

View PostNightbird, on 18 July 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Solaris matches are maybe 2-3 minutes each? 10% of the population of QP with 25 matches, but only 2.5% the time spent in the mode compared to QP, that's D E A D.

LOL ... gotta love a guy who estimates the 'deadness' of a gamemode by the time people spend there ... coz yeah ... 5 mins searching, 2 min loading and 1 min waiting to actually get into a match and then 2 mins walking forward to get within 2km of the enemy is totally time well spent and incredible fun. Not even gonna mention half an hour or even hour long searches in FactionPlay.

D E L U S I O N A L

#209 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 18 July 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

LOL ... gotta love a guy who estimates the 'deadness' of a gamemode by the time people spend there ...

D E L U S I O N A L

I'm gonna love this one... what do you estimate it by?

#210 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostNightbird, on 18 July 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

I'm gonna love this one... what do you estimate it by?

I don't. I actually play the game, unlike you.

#211 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

When you spend the money and time to build a whole new game mode , rebrand your existing game to the game modes monicker; give away pretty good prizes for minimal effort (only takes approximately 2 1/2 hours of time...including queuing....to qualify for a good reward in a division...that GXP prize is what many players really play for) and only 7% of your population shows up (many only doing the minimum of 25 matches)....well that’s pretty sorry..

As Nightbird said...you are splitting hairs if you don’t believe it’s dead... (or at least dead for 2 1/2 months straight after the first two weeks of a season launch event). Sad thing is it’s not a terrible mode to play if you can hold your own...but it’s been a failure from nearly the jump.

#212 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 18 July 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

I don't. I actually play the game, unlike you.

I play FP exclusively nowadays, the last couple patches broke all FP leader boards so there's no stat tracking anymore :shrug:

#213 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 18 July 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

1455 players qualified for minimal 25 Solaris matches last season. And ~21.000 players registered playing the game at all at the same time. That is ~7% of the total population. So please, spread your lies somewhere else.

7% of the few percent left playing is still a fraction of a percent of the player base.

As others have pointed out, that's a the bare minimum to fill out the MC rewards. But yeah, Solaris is thriving. THRIVING! Excuse me whilst me and ~99.9% of the player base never touch it again.

#214 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostAzhrael, on 17 July 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

This is going to be a long rant, apologies in advance.

Sadly this is mostly the case. Although most of us just cant help but try our best to " help " sharing our opinions and voices about what we would like or not, PGI have been always deaf and mute to the community.

Now i come straight back from the Pre-order thread for MW5, and it "looks like " what i was hoping for when i helped found MWO...did you guys saw it?

They are including like 50k MC and chassis for MWO...and i dont know if its just insulting at this point. Whats the idea?

Old players like me already have what we want after like 7 years of the game, and there's little new added to buy. Why would i help?

New players will get enough to buy almost everything they could possibly want, but for a game arguably dying with no official voices trying to deny it...there is just no value on that. If they are half smart, why would they jump in? Its like pay to win with no actual opponents.

There are no physical goodies to cater for the odd collector, the MW5 Web is deserted and the few things it has are detrimental : Poor quality UI screenshots, fancy vistas, some art, and little more. Not a good image for a mildly curious casual gamer.

When you consider all of these facts, no matter if you are good, bad, salty, whiny or whatever label you prefer...if you are a Player, a Gamer, the conclusion is only one:

Screw this until PGI wakes up.

PS : When most of us find more fun arguing on the forums than playing the game....lol
[Redacted]

I must double quote you because that's how I feel about mwo after years of playing it.

"PS : When most of us find more fun arguing on the forums than playing the game....lol"

Really the qp is the only mode I play now and even then I feel like what you said above. Even when I just want to have fun with my lesser used and rarely seen mechs I know they are sub-par against a lot of mechs even in their own weight class.

I've seen and been through a lot of mwo. Played two great years of cw play then the gold mechs,long tom etc lost a lot of unit members where the unit disbanded. Then the remainder of the unit eventually reformed the unit. From around 300 active members playing almost nightly down to 18 playing whenever we get on.

I've got half billion c-bills and a lot of gxp always hording it waiting for "that sweet new mech" to drop that I'd have to instantly master or "pgi implemented awesome feature x." Now with the skill tree (time/money) sink I don't experiment or swap builds in my mechs because it'd take forever to get a mech/build to its "optimal" with skills.

Instead I use generic trees like "my lrm boat tree" or "my laser boat tree."

For a game that was so heavily focused on team game play in beta and fw beta 1 to rebranding into a lame 1v1 and 2v2 mode mwo is one of the most anti-social online games I've played. During the beta phrases I could feel like what I did and how I play mattered to the team to win matches. I did lrm support with the cats and eagerly went light to scout etc. Now its just meh.

I play now because the bare bones game play loop is fun. Playing an is xl light is challenging esp a non-ecm or stealthed one. I just have to say it: mwo is slowing becoming boring for me and less fun as pgi doesn't do jack **** to really improve the base game play or give me any reason what soever to keep playing the game nor want to spend any money on it.

Edited by draiocht, 19 July 2019 - 05:28 AM.
spamming

#215 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:03 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 18 July 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

7% of the few percent left playing is still a fraction of a percent of the player base.

As others have pointed out, that's a the bare minimum to fill out the MC rewards. But yeah, Solaris is thriving. THRIVING! Excuse me whilst me and ~99.9% of the player base never touch it again.

LOL ... Gotta love the reverse ******** logic here. Players who aren't playing the game at all anymore are NOT part of the playerbase. [Redacted] Following the kind of [Redacted] approach you suggest we can safely say that every existing game is dead, because out of 8 billion people who live on Earth only a fraction of a fraction of a percent is playing any particular game.

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 22 July 2019 - 04:24 AM.
insults, unconstructive

#216 Gustav Kuriga

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:46 PM

This is a hilarious thread to come back to in 2021.

#217 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:20 PM

stop necroing ****

#218 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

events keep me playing. if not for those i think id spend more time in other games. then i wouldnt have bought 2 booster packs and whatever else i bought this year.

damn it im too stoned to recognize zombies.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 October 2021 - 10:58 AM.

#219 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:11 PM

I am no business expert but I sure did love the events and the MC and c-bill payouts

now I am like why even down load the patch

maybe tomorrow I will feel different

#220 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:08 AM

It is against the Code of Conduct to post in threads which have been inactive for extended periods of time. If you feel the old thread should be discussed, please create a new thread to generate necessary interest.

Thread locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users