#21 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 02:01 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 July 2021 - 06:28 AM, said:

"DRAGON"

Thanks, DV. Typos count as errors. Since I didn't change any hit box content, I won't change the update date.

Edited by Tamerlin, 06 July 2021 - 02:07 PM.

#22 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:13 PM

Can the dorsal gun on the Marauder II be updated?
It was fixed one month after release, and the gun is no longer is fully CT... it has 3 different hitboxes corresponding to each side torso.

#23 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:10 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 26 October 2021 - 08:13 PM, said:

Can the dorsal gun on the Marauder II be updated?
It was fixed one month after release, and the gun is no longer is fully CT... it has 3 different hitboxes corresponding to each side torso.

Thanks, Navid. As a note, per my original post I do not post hitbox mappings until a 'Mech is available for MC. The MAD2 came out April 2019 and I posted the hitbox in August 2019. So any changes to the dorsal gun were at least four months after initial release. But who cares about the timing, what is the hitbox now?

And as he stated, the dorsal gun now has side torso hitboxes on the side, with front and read CT as expected. The MAD2 still is a bit wonky, tho. If you have a second weapon in the right torso you can hit front ST from the rear. In addition the lower part of the "wings" are front ST. The cosmetic-only "vents" in the rear still do not have a hitbox and fire hits the arms or front ST. Don't aim for those transition areas anyway, front and rear side torsos are giant.

I'm late for looking at the Warden pack. No changes to the Dire Wolf, but the Timberwolf's arm hitboxes grew a little into the side torso:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing huge, but still annoying to see such stealth hitbox changes. Who knows when it happened?

Edited by Tamerlin, 28 October 2021 - 09:18 PM.

#24 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:24 PM

Awesome!

#25 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:24 PM

Per a request, re-tested and updated the cockpit hitbox for the Atlas. The hitbox extends a bit lower from the left "eye" now.

#26 snek

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 11:00 AM

anyone have the Crusader hitboxes?

#27 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:40 AM

View Post5nek, on 31 July 2022 - 11:00 AM, said:

anyone have the Crusader hitboxes?

They may not have the Crusader Pack to work with yet, so we will all have to wait patiently. Until the user known as 'Tamerlin' can acquire a Crusader Mech Chassis of any variant, there is no possibility of having such information posted. Take your best guesses for now as to where the hitboxes are, adjust armor settings for any Crusader which you own as best you can, and adjust your aim on Enemy players piloting the Crusader appropriately in order to strike where you intend. ;)

~D. V. "giving the best tips they can for dealing with a Crusader and any other unknown Mech on battlefields" Devnull

#28 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 August 2022 - 07:44 AM

Ill probably go through more mechs over the next few days to get a feel for some of the weirder head hitboxes but two I have found to be different from what is on here are the Hellbringer and Archer cockpit hitboxes.

Archer - seems to be slightly above where it is shown here and goes above the diamond window frame as well as appears to be a upside-down trapezoid instead of a diamond.

Hellbringer - is now much smaller and only consists of the middle 6th or so of the window and seems to be a rough rectangle going straight up from its SCUBA rebreather looking bit in the middle of the window frame.

Edit -

So far all trial mechs and the few I own are still accurate other than two more,

Blood Asp - (Not sure if this is different or just the image in the PDF is an odd angle) seems to be slightly smaller on the bottom of the window but still consistent with the other dimensions. Again though, this could just be a limitation with how the images in the PDF are.

King Crab - appears to no longer include the sides of the middle window and is only a rectangle in the middle of the window itself, but still extends to the top and bottom boundary of the window frame.

https://imgur.com/a/P2R2YKu

Edited by Orion_, 10 August 2022 - 04:35 PM.

#29 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 04:04 PM

Greetings, MechWarriors! Sorry for the delay in the Crusader hitboxes. As posted in the original post, I (should) upload these when the 'Mech is available for MC - which for the Crusader was 18-Oct-2022. However, that is also when the PC version of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection came out. So, yeah - you know.

The Crusader is mostly basic. The hitbox gets busy in the waist of the 'Mech; if you don't want to spread your damage do not aim there. The rear CT is rather wide, but I think that is to account for the ST pylons.

The white boxes are to call out some small anomalies in the arm pits. There are some art without hitboxes (not too surprising), but there are also some small hitboxes that act like they are receiving damage BUT DO NOT REGISTER. Bottom line, don't aim there either.

View PostOrion_, on 10 August 2022 - 07:44 AM, said:

Ill probably go through more mechs over the next few days to get a feel for some of the weirder head hitboxes but two I have found to be different from what is on here

Thanks, Orion. I'll take a look and update as needed.

#30 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 October 2022 - 05:16 PM

Many thanks for your Crusader hitbox update; much appreciated!

So you...GASP...bought Crusader standard variants with MC ? ;)

View PostTamerlin, on 30 October 2022 - 04:04 PM, said:

Greetings, MechWarriors! Sorry for the delay in the Crusader hitboxes. As posted in the original post, I (should) upload these when the 'Mech is available for MC - which for the Crusader was 18-Oct-2022. However, that is also when the PC version of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection came out. So, yeah - you know.

The Crusader is mostly basic. The hitbox gets busy in the waist of the 'Mech; if you don't want to spread your damage do not aim there. The rear CT is rather wide, but I think that is to account for the ST pylons.

The white boxes are to call out some small anomalies in the arm pits. There are some art without hitboxes (not too surprising), but there are also some small hitboxes that act like they are receiving damage BUT DO NOT REGISTER. Bottom line, don't aim there either....

#31 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 06:26 PM

Thanks to Orion's great work, I've updated the cockpit hitbox for the Archer, Blood Asp, Hellbringer and King Crab. If anyone finds things like that, please let me know.

Side Note - I did not know the 'Mech you entered into the Academy with respawned like your videos showed. That's a handy tip. I owe you a cool shot.

View Postw0qj, on 31 October 2022 - 05:16 PM, said:

So you...GASP...bought Crusader standard variants with MC ? Posted Image

No, I buy the 'Mechpacks with cash when they are offered. I don't publish the hitbox mapping until the 'Mechs are offered for MC to align with how PGI distributes 'Mechs to the public.

Edited by Tamerlin, 02 November 2022 - 10:00 PM.

#32 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 07:06 AM

A few days after posting the Crusader hitbox we passed 250,000 page views (when you combine this with the original hitbox thread). We average about 100 hits on the PDFs every month.

Thank you so much for the support everyone has given these threads.

#33 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 November 2022 - 09:42 AM

View PostTamerlin, on 15 November 2022 - 07:06 AM, said:

Thank you so much for the support everyone has given these threads.

You have my thanks as well, 'Tamerlin', because without your threads to help consider how to set the Armor configuration on the Mechs which it took me some time to earn, then I would have probably made some horrible assumptions which could have run me so far into the ground as to not play MWO anymore and the Community would have been shorted yet another player permanently. ^_^

I would not be at all surprised if a fair chunk of MWO's Community happens to feel the same way, but are thoroughly unwilling (possibly like a tsundere in anime) to admit it or even give a '+Like' to my post to silently signify it. We all know how some people are when someone else steals the words straight out of their mouth... although I might be teasing other people just a little bit there... :P

~D. V. "multi-jumpship size of thankful for 'Tamerlin' making this thread which provides hitbox info" Devnull

#34 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for those updates!

The only other three Ive run into issues with are both Hunchbacks and the Stalker. The Hunchbacks heads appear to be a bit smaller and only occupies the inner 75%ish of the cockpit window on both the IS and the IIC. From what I can tell both HBK have the same headbox in their respective windows so I only capped the IS version.

The Stalker drove me mad when getting Guillotine because aiming for the middle of the window is actually the very bottom of its headbox and I missed a LOT of LRM boat kills from not knowing that. It is similar to the Archer where it is a bit above the window only occupying about 50% of the upper window and going above and along the armor a bit. Without digging out my other laptop its a bit hard to see exactly where the Stalker's headbox is lined up to but I made a few more clips again.

https://imgur.com/gallery/v9zKiS4

EDIT - Initial Imgur post had sound but no video, new uploads have been made.

Edited by Orion_, 11 December 2022 - 11:27 PM.

#35 MechaRodentia

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 05:41 PM

View PostTamerlin, on 12 July 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

New images are posted in the respective IS or Clan post and a consolidated PDF is linked below.

PDF
Inner Sphere (32 MB): GoogleDrive
Clan (16 MB): GoogleDrive

The links to the PDFs no longer work. Might be an issue with the rb.gy url shortener?

Edited by BookishWyrm, 07 December 2022 - 05:42 PM.

#36 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 08:18 PM

View PostBookishWyrm, on 07 December 2022 - 05:41 PM, said:

The links to the PDFs no longer work. Might be an issue with the rb.gy url shortener?

As of 11:00pm ET on Friday, 9-Dec-2022 the links work for me on four browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Opera. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

#37 Grumpy Old Grognard

Rookie

• The Bullneck
  • The Bullneck
  • 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:08 AM

Thank you Tamerlin for all of your hard work. It is very appreciated.

#38 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 March 2023 - 10:40 AM

Adjusted Fafnir hitbox incoming!! Posted Image
https://www.mwomercs...740-21march2023

Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 19 March 2023 - 01:15 AM.

#39 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 March 2023 - 12:48 PM

Cool!
Now force Fafnirs to run only XL engines! :)
I wonder it goes also their rear? Sumtimez it matt'rz where to kick their wide buttz...

#40 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 04:19 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 March 2023 - 12:48 PM, said:

Cool!
Now force Fafnirs to run only XL engines! Posted Image
I wonder it goes also their rear? Sumtimez it matt'rz where to kick their wide buttz...

??? Fafnir's with XL now are ****?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users