So, How's "the Year Of Faction Play™" Working Out For You?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:05 AM

The July Patch Notes contain a bountiful delivery of content and fixes for the mode declared at last Mech Con to be this year's "primary development focus" for MWO.

Let's see... We have FP Decks able to be discounted. That's a good thing, right?

I guess Incursion removal or base hit point increases, Conquest ticket count increases etc must be in the next patch?

Edited by Appogee, 13 July 2019 - 04:07 AM.

#2 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 July 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

The July Patch Notes certainly contain a bountiful delivery of content and fixes for the mode declared at last Mech Con to be this year's "primary development focus" for MWO.

Well thank you for posting this link my friend.
Today is my sober day , so i am sure will be able to find the
CW notes for the next patch when i do get rid of this hangover.

#3 FuzzyNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:30 AM

Not too bad I guess, they added the drop deck thing which is good to see!

#4 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:18 AM

I wanted to come up with some "middle ground" comment about work in progress and being patient........

.....then I had a flashback to 2013, no wait 2014 ...... erm 2016?

#5 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:37 PM

the year of FP?

I still see the same underlying computer game mechanic built into FP

but all the small changes Paul talked about are getting done

no call to arms is the biggest change I can think of
I thought I read somewhere that the MM is using ELO (cant find it now)

I haven't heard the term seal used in awhile (every other name in the book but not seal lol)

all n all things are looking up for FP

what do you guys think

Edited by Davegt27, 13 July 2019 - 08:57 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

those patch notes are kind of sparse. what happened to loyalty fixes? or anything to move the game forward. its dead jim.

best thing they could do at this point is strip out all the bs and just make in an arena shooter, custom games only. no qp, no solaris, no fp. or better yet, release the server side and let the community run their own, with custom mods and maps and the whole shebang. or just take it out back and shoot it. are they even making money on it anymore?

Edited by LordNothing, 13 July 2019 - 01:44 PM.

#7 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 July 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

all n all things are looking up for FP

Posted Image

#8 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

I installed the game because tanner kept bugging me and wanted to give it a chance again but with THIS MESS.I quickly uninstalled.
Don't know which part of the community the dev team keeps listening to but they should stop doing that and quickly reverse course but apparently that's too difficult.

#9 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

#10 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:14 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 July 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

The July Patch Notes contain a bountiful delivery of content and fixes for the mode declared at last Mech Con to be this year's "primary development focus" for MWO.

Let's see... We have FP Decks able to be discounted. That's a good thing, right?

I guess Incursion removal or base hit point increases, Conquest ticket count increases etc must be in the next patch?

Working out OK for me. I still like CW and still my main mode of choice. And yes, it can and should be improved further. Devil will always be in the details....

But there is this one "pilot" that it is not working out so well for. He and his cohorts that sit in the back, edge of the map, playing only for themselves and ruining gameplay for everyone on that side. People are fed up and are killing on sight. Not a fan of mob justice, but in this case.....

Funny to see the enemy apologize for this person being on their team.

#11 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 15 July 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

Working out OK for me. I still like CW and still my main mode of choice. And yes, it can and should be improved further. Devil will always be in the details....

But there is this one "pilot" that it is not working out so well for. He and his cohorts that sit in the back, edge of the map, playing only for themselves and ruining gameplay for everyone on that side. People are fed up and are killing on sight. Not a fan of mob justice, but in this case.....

Funny to see the enemy apologize for this person being on their team.

honestly at this point I would characterize what they're doing as grieving their own team. They literally play like this to troll their teammates. A player who's been playing cw from the day it went live for like 10 hours every single day (Im assuming someone has a daddy with money) and calls himself the best player in FP knows that dropping 2 extreme range lights first 2 waves and always going somewhere to zimbabwe is detrimental to their team. When he brings a couple of his parrot butt buddies that copy him in everything they do, that basically takes a lance on your team out of the fight for the most important part of the drop (first 2 waves). Some people's lives are so miserable that all the joy they have is to bring misery to others in an online video game, it's sad but true, and I know PGI won't do anything about them because despite constantly screwing their teammates over they're technically not breaking the rules

I think legging on sight is a reasonable thing to do here, if pgi wants to ban me for killing the fun of someone who's intentionally trying to kill my enjoyment of the game, so be it (so far they haven't :) ) I got plenty of other things to do than be sabotaged by trolls that end up on my team in a game that's barely holding on even on life support

#12 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:45 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 15 July 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

honestly at this point I would characterize what they're doing as grieving their own team. They literally play like this to troll their teammates. A player who's been playing cw from the day it went live for like 10 hours every single day (Im assuming someone has a daddy with money) and calls himself the best player in FP knows that dropping 2 extreme range lights first 2 waves and always going somewhere to zimbabwe is detrimental to their team. When he brings a couple of his parrot butt buddies that copy him in everything they do, that basically takes a lance on your team out of the fight for the most important part of the drop (first 2 waves). Some people's lives are so miserable that all the joy they have is to bring misery to others in an online video game, it's sad but true, and I know PGI won't do anything about them because despite constantly screwing their teammates over they're technically not breaking the rules

I think legging on sight is a reasonable thing to do here, if pgi wants to ban me for killing the fun of someone who's intentionally trying to kill my enjoyment of the game, so be it (so far they haven't Posted Image ) I got plenty of other things to do than be sabotaged by trolls that end up on my team in a game that's barely holding on even on life support

Haze, you and I have differed on a great many things over the years but on this we are in total agreement. Without names, everyone knows exactly who we are posting about, that's how bad this has gotten.

This is not accidental but intentional. Willful and knowingly griefing players on both sides. Last alive and on first mech watch what happens; Eject, eject, eject, run out of bounds. Hilarious to watch him try to hump a hill trying to get out of bounds.

I fully support legging or removal of weapon arm by accident, misfires happen afterall....

This players 'participation', no matter the side, is a detriment to all that play.

I'm not going to put up with it.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:46 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 15 July 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

Haze, you and I have differed on a great many things over the years but on this we are in total agreement. Without names, everyone knows exactly who we are posting about, that's how bad this has gotten.

This is not accidental but intentional. Willful and knowingly griefing players on both sides. Last alive and on first mech watch what happens; Eject, eject, eject, run out of bounds. Hilarious to watch him try to hump a hill trying to get out of bounds.

I fully support legging or removal of weapon arm by accident, misfires happen afterall....

This players 'participation', no matter the side, is a detriment to all that play.

I'm not going to put up with it.

"weapon testing"

#14 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 15 July 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

I think legging on sight is a reasonable thing to do here, if pgi wants to ban me for killing the fun of someone who's intentionally trying to kill my enjoyment of the game, so be it (so far they haven't Posted Image ) I got plenty of other things to do than be sabotaged by trolls that end up on my team in a game that's barely holding on even on life support

They are cancer to the game mode. I've already been given my warning for tk'ing the trash that they are. There should be an event for these potatos.

Something like this:

Kill 1 FATE (cant use their real name) you get some MC
Kill 2 FATE you get a pack of strikes to keep dropping on them
Kill 3 FATE you get a decal that says "Taking Out The Trash"

This could be a really fun event tbh. Also how many actual emails do the devs have to send out to players for killing these ******* before they connect the dots and figure out that maybe, just maybe its these morons that are the problem.

#15 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:37 PM

Did PGI lie to us ? Noway ! Cant believe it.

#16 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

Disappointingly I'm not entirely certain who it is you're talking about because there's a few too many flogs who do this...

#17 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:53 PM

They are referring to the very biggest of flogs doing this. Lately they've been running Panthers, and referring to themselves as "cat boys who like to dance", doesn't translate exactly.

#18 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:49 AM

View PostW4R GOD, on 15 July 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

They are cancer to the game mode. I've already been given my warning for tk'ing the trash that they are. There should be an event for these potatos.

Something like this:

Kill 1 FATE (cant use their real name) you get some MC
Kill 2 FATE you get a pack of strikes to keep dropping on them
Kill 3 FATE you get a decal that says "Taking Out The Trash"

This could be a really fun event tbh. Also how many actual emails do the devs have to send out to players for killing these ******* before they connect the dots and figure out that maybe, just maybe its these morons that are the problem.

I do not remember if we were on same team or opposing War, think we were on opposing sides but your side had the persons in question. Our side witnessed what was done to this 'person' and we all were in full support and would have done the same ourselves as 9 out of our 12 had experienced what this 'person' does in past drops.

#19 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:53 AM

Honestly tho; being able to switch and not being forced to do what your unit is doing is pretty awesome tho.

Units should have always been social clubs first and roleplay optional.

BTW; its way easier to take the leg off of a ******* or drag a bunch of reds into them and leave, or both. That way you can avoid a penalty and they get punished for bad play.

Edited by Prototelis, 16 July 2019 - 08:55 AM.

#20 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 16 July 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

I do not remember if we were on same team or opposing War, think we were on opposing sides but your side had the persons in question. Our side witnessed what was done to this 'person' and we all were in full support and would have done the same ourselves as 9 out of our 12 had experienced what this 'person' does in past drops.

Yeah I remember the game, you were on the other side :) These idiots parked 5 panthers on a hill for the whole game and didn't even attempt to play against you guys. Its also the game that I got my warning from even though I was tk'd by them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users