#1 Aasimar One

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

Hiya...
I started again to play after ~3years of abstinence...
played a few matches..
got a friend of mine also to play again...

and then we waited as a 2man group like 60min in the queue and still nothing
solo match starts in like 30sec...

is it buged?

and if not... how to start a match as a group?

Edited by Aasimar One, 14 July 2019 - 11:27 AM.

#2 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

Yea that 2man group playing together is not working. I am in the German nebie programm as trainer and i gave up to show em the game as 2man group after giving them the basics in the Lobby..We try instead to syncdrop. Sometimes it works and we are together in same team.
Not working for a while now. Thats the "we make it easier for newbys and wonder why they go and dont come back after getting punched in their first macthes. If only the 2man group would work during the first 25matches for newbys, to drop with veterans together and become the basics shown..till then syncdrop..

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

Small groups always got the short end of the stick in terms of matchmaking times. The decreasing population may have made the problem worse, but it has been there pretty much forever.

#4 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

yeah, matchmatking needs a serious overhaul. groups should just be filled by whatever is available.isn't too hard to add a 2 man to some existing 6 players already found by the mathmaker. at least for me 6+2=8 is a rather simple equation.

also may add some useful playmodes, like it is set up lance vs lance and the winning mechs of each of those fights can help the others. so the 12 vs 12 "meeting in the middle" is split up.
or add queues + lobby for each number of players want to fight again st same strength groups. like a 2vs2 3vs3 etc quee with a counter like in solaris so you see how many others are there . but on the normal big maps. finding the enemy is part of the fun.

#5 Aasimar One

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

That sounds realy bad..

I think i will play for a while now again...
because i realy had some fun in the few matches i played...

I thought joining a guild this time...
so i dont loose the fun and maybe learn some new stuff...
the whole skill system is new for me...
So i still have a few gaps

But how to you guys play in a team then??? Do you even play in teams?
Is there even a reason to join a guild if you can join matches as a group?

Edited by Aasimar One, 15 July 2019 - 07:21 AM.

#6 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

View PostAasimar One, on 15 July 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

But how to you guys play in a team then??? Do you even play in teams?
Is there even a reason to join a guild if you can join matches as a group?

It seems you've managed to completely misunderstand what we've told you.
The problem isn't with group matchmaking, it's with matchmaking for small groups of 2-3 people. Get some 4-6 people together and the matchmaking will be faster.

#7 pZiuz

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFunland of Finland

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:32 AM

Hi!

Is PGI going to do anything for this issue?!? I'm queueíng with my buddy right now and I think i have plenty of time to write this post and probably a couple of best seller novels...
Please fix this!
Open up the queue for single players or fix up the algorithms.
At least, show us the group situation. If there isn't base for group play, we would now to even try...
This situation now is BS.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

See below, include time of day also, and how long they are willing to wait for a drop. And once players have been bitten by the not-getting-a-groupdrop-today bug, fewer players group up. And obviously there aren't 12x 2-man attempting to drop at the same time. Nor is there anything to indicate if anyone is actually queue'd up in the group queue.

Population and tons of different and separate queues. And group queue does not have any solo pugs to "fill" in the spots.

Group size requirements and this is for BOTH sides..... And PSR is out the door after 30secs.

12-man makes up one side, then only need the other 12-man to be matched up, or a combination of the following....
10-man requires a 2-man
9-man requires 3-man
8-man requires 4-man or 2x2-man
7-man requires 5-man or 3+2-man
6-man requires 6-man, 4+2-man or 3x2-man or 2x3-man
5-man requires 7-man, 5+2-man, 3-man+2x2-man
4-man requires 8-man, or 6+2-man, or 5+3-man or 2x4-man or 4x2-man
3-man requires 9-man, or 7+2-man, or 6+3-man, or 5+4-man, or 5+2x2-man, or 3+3x2-man
2-man...etc...

And the above has to be done for BOTH sides, which is the reason many suggest dropping in a larger group, to be less of a gap filler. Of course, it would also mean that there are not 12 2-man dropping at the same time, there is no actual incentive, and once it is attempted a few times one who is less enthusiasm about MWO then stops playing. A vicious cycle.

Would allowing solo pugs (max 3 per side) and/or 2-man to opt into the other queue without opt out of their default queue help? Go with the solo pugs into group first, may allow for fillers but until there is something else in place to actually encourage players forming up teams for other than FP, I do not see it changing too much. Maybe reduce the max group size for the teams down to 8-man.

/shrugs....

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 August 2019 - 05:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users