Mw5 - No More Steam-Release?

102 replies to this topic

#-19 MadcatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:41 AM

If MW5 goes the Epic Exclusivity route...

#-18 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:49 AM

Last I heard, MW5 Mercs is going to be released on a variety of stores on the PC (including Steam). It will also utilize Steamworks integration for modding, so there is that too.

I don't think there is any reason to worry.

#-17 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:07 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 16 July 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

...Beside the fact that the former beta-timeframe got canceled too.

I must have missed this. Do you have a source from PGI concerning a Beta delay?

#-16 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:14 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 16 July 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

Its the way to go for really popular games. Going Epic exclusive with a niche game is financial suicide. But then again, its PGI we are talking about ...

Posted Image

#-15 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:22 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 16 July 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

@MeiSooHaitYu

Check the image on the linked news (stating August)

Gonna sniff around a little more ...

August was always the Beta date as far I was aware. I had always heard that we were going to get access to a Beta less than a month before launch.

This isn't to say that there won't be a delay, or that things haven't changed one way or another, just that I don't think PGI had said anything on this one way or another. That's just why I am following their previous statements until I hear otherwise. No point in worrying about something until we hear differently IMO.

#-14 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:53 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 16 July 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Mebbe my wording wasn't specific enough: just referring to the beta-schedule (august all the time as you mentioned) being tilted from the MW5-FAQ site afaics. But I appreciate yer general attitude of "Don't panic!".

Only been askin for some clarification in this matter since I experienced some bad surprises with games I backed some time ago going exclusive marketplace afterwards.

Yeah, no worries here. PGI has a pretty solid record of never letting paying customers down.

#-13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:03 AM

PGI had a lot of questionable decisions, I'm not surprised if they went on the Epic Exclusive route. Based on what trainwreck MWO has become, they probably don't even have that much faith in their product that they have to take the bribe to make ends meet, into a self-fulfilling prophecy of it not having that much sales because they intended to serve the deluded megalomaniac that thinks they are doing the gaming industry a service, that is Epic Games.

You know what would fix the gaming industry? Killing off EA, and Micro-Transactions, and Loot-Boxes Surprise-Mechanics, live-service, and bring back the level of quality, of games made of love like Hat-In-Time, or Half-Life-2. I'm playing that MMod and I swear there's a lot of nuances in gaming that the god-damn *****-Gargle-Wee-Wee had forgone. I'd pay 100 dollars for a great game with no micro-transactions, no lootboxes, ain't a live-service.

/rant

#-12 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:13 AM

Ye, Epic throwing stupid amounts of money to buy exclusivity on popular games to push their distribution platform. I dont think they are that stupid to throw money towards a game that has like zero ads going for months. Not even now 8 weeks before release. You have to attract attention to beeing noticed. But maybe this is the new trend in marketing, antihype.

Edited by Kotzi, 16 July 2019 - 04:14 AM.

#-11 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:45 AM

I think we will see more hype and coverage for the game right before launch. As fans we want to see this stuff all throughout development, however that type of advertising gets very expensive, and therefore it might make sense to get the game in potential customer's minds before launch when they can actually search it and buy it.

Really, until PGI starts getting the game up on store fronts (something I thought they would have done by now), It probably doesn't make much sense to do a lot of advertising push. I think the ideal scenario would be to make a big push, and then direct people towards the store to buy it while the promotional material is fresh in people's minds.

Essentially, I could see more being done to promote the game closer to launch, and when the store pages are up and taking pre-orders.

#-10 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:15 AM

Community Preorders ended something like 2 months ago. Why not set up an early acces sale on Steam since then? I just dont understand their choices? Steam has a wide audience, why not use it to spread the word? The more people know and the sooner the more potential sales i have. You cant earn money if you dont spend money.

#-9 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 16 July 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

They better not!! I have 6 billion steam games at this point I was in the steam beta. I don't want my games on another platform at this point...

#-8 PiratexCore

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

Posted Image

Matt pinned this in the MW5 discord.

#-7 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Well done PiratexCore. There. We don't have to panic. Besides MW5 isn't a big enough game for Epic Games to want to throw money at PGI.

#-6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

PEOPLE BE ALL WORRIED

lol

Sorry. That just kills me for some reason.

Edited by Prototelis, 16 July 2019 - 11:47 AM.

#-5 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 July 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

PEOPLE BE ALL WORRIED

lol

Sorry. That just kills me for some reason.

It just at this point I don't want a have second account on another platform at this point. My steam accounts is were my games are pretty much all of them are. The idea of being forced to use epic account would really really annoy me.

#-4 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

If the game isn't on steam then I'm not spending money on it. I already have two other client/front ends for games. I do love my silent hunter series though.

#-3 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

Please no!

#-2 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

Thanks OP, you almost gave me an heart attack...
PGI have always been rock solid dependable regarding customer support, no reason to be seducted and undermined by "epic" now and will gauranteed shoot them self HARD if they did turn.
But heres another reassuring thing, I think. PGI is lisenced by MS regarding the MW lisence, right? So no way PGI could be hooked into by epic fail. And looking at Microsofts strategies lately, they want options for the players where to buy the game, and my favorite fps franchise hitting Steam later this year... yeah. I think we can rest assured.

#-1 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:40 PM

There is an AMA comming up about the progress...so lets see or better hear what they say.

#0 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:47 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 16 July 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

There is an AMA comming up about the progress...so lets see or better hear what they say.

It's an AMA, they won't be answering any of our questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users