Pro Nascar Thread.

Metagame

49 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:33 PM

So there are sooooo many people who are not very fond of Nascar.

Twitches main page for MWO strimmers however lists Mechwarrior Online as an action, simulation, driving/racing game. So Nascar is exactly how we are supposed to be playing an online action race simulator. https://www.twitch.t...arrior%20Online

Let this be a thread where we have a safespace to revel in the glories and wonderment that is the left turning meta. This is the game we have after all and not the game so many different fragmented groups want.

So what are the best builds for this environment that you find effective? What are the best routes on given maps? When is best to go right instead of left...turning it into Aussie Nascar I suppose?

Come on folks what can we do to here to show the haters, what's what and convince people to leave that 40khp assault back in the mechbay where it belongs.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

I want events that reward left turns

#3 Moochachoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:00 AM

Left turn doesn’t work, I don’t know why, but whenever I get games where my team left turn, we always lose.

#4 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:06 AM

View PostMoochachoo, on 18 July 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

Left turn doesn’t work, I don’t know why, but whenever I get games where my team left turn, we always lose.

Thats coz you are very bad and turning left. Turn left harder.

#5 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:14 AM

Yen Lo Wang can run a 100 km/h with its main weapon in the right arm, optimally placed to fire as you emerge around the curve. It is the perfect mech for the oval track.

XL350 BLR with 5LPL gets a honourable mention for being big, fast, and being able to shoot over the head of the Yen Lo Wang.

Edited by Gagis, 18 July 2019 - 04:14 AM.

#6 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:12 AM

Welcome to MarioKart, Stompy Robot Edition! :D

#7 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 17 July 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

So what are the best builds for this environment that you find effective? What are the best routes on given maps? When is best to go right instead of left...turning it into Aussie Nascar I suppose?

Anything over 45 kph.

That's about as fast as people actually need to move when they aren't parking their assault mechs in a terrible position and picking unwinnable fights.

Come on folks what can we do to here to show the haters, what's what and convince people to leave that 40khp assault back in the mechbay where it belongs.

Nothing. Good players stop banging their head against the wall when they realize it hurts. Bad players blame the wall, but continue headbutting it.

I saw a guy the other day in 3 games back to back. Each game he brought a different assault mech. Each game he complained about NASCAR. Each game he parked his mech in the open and refused to move when the entire enemy team started moving in his direction. They're hopeless. After a while, I just mute them so I don't have to put up with their crying in all-chat anymore.

#8 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:29 AM

Qp is the driving/racing simulator portion of mwo. Some people like fighting, some like racing games. Qp is for the latter, nothing wrong with that

#9 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:06 AM

Domination is the ruler (habit maker) of Nascaring. Although I have seen pilots defeat Nascar, and get very high kill numbers, also other things like match score. They do not even nascar, just sit on the outside, watch, do their stuff. People are aware of the problem and I do hear some, speak up before the battle. But then their are those who complain about nascar, after they are destroyed, then they speak up. But never before.

#10 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:07 AM

There is no problem with nascar; only people who don't understand it.

Edited by Prototelis, 18 July 2019 - 07:07 AM.

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:13 AM

I NASCAR every game and I win 70% of my matches. Coincidence? I think not

#12 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:21 AM

I couldn't keep up with Nascar on Winter Canyon Network, so I went straight through the center 'hump' to the other side. I had to do this three times back and forth, in one case passing an enemy assault trying to do the same thing... reckon we were both running hot because not that many shots were traded between us as we passed. We won though, and I was the only assault still standing!

#13 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

Sigh...
To do NASCAR successfully, you need the WHOLE TEAM WORKING TOGETHER. In most cases in QP, that's not gonna happen which is why it fails more than it wins. But once you DO get everyone working together, its a great group effort and a fun match.

But being QP....sigh.

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

To make nascar work you just need to keep moving.

The people that stop in dumb places for dumb reasons and the people who don't know how to cut across are the reason it fails.

#15 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:38 AM

the nascar is no different as other tactics. it can works, and it can be countered.

The main problem in solo queue is not that nascar is the most common tactic ( by far ), the problem is that 90 % of the team are unable to see when it doesnt work and/or to adapt.

Meaning when the enemy team is faster/more aggressive in his nascar than yours, you are going to loose more tonnage than you kill. you have better turn back and help the guys who gonna get down.

Most team will keep on nascaring trying to kill one assault ( or even lighter ) left behind while they will loose their full charlie lance in the process.

the ability to turn back if you are loosing the nascar is what most people lack.

in my opinion, this is due to those people not having a clue about what they can do if they stop nascaring. As we all see full pug teams who doesnt know where to go at the start of a game. knowing good positions and bad positions is important if you dont want to nascar. ask to the the pugs camping the death valley.

#16 Satans Pooper

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:05 AM

Racing Sim?

SpecRacer is the only racing that is real in MWO.

#17 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

Nascar works out fine 50% of the time for the fast mechs.

Just never for the slow mechs.

#18 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

View PostBackShot, on 18 July 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

the nascar is no different as other tactics. it can works, and it can be countered.

The main problem in solo queue is not that nascar is the most common tactic ( by far ), the problem is that 90 % of the team are unable to see when it doesnt work and/or to adapt.

Meaning when the enemy team is faster/more aggressive in his nascar than yours, you are going to loose more tonnage than you kill. you have better turn back and help the guys who gonna get down.

Most team will keep on nascaring trying to kill one assault ( or even lighter ) left behind while they will loose their full charlie lance in the process.

the ability to turn back if you are loosing the nascar is what most people lack.

in my opinion, this is due to those people not having a clue about what they can do if they stop nascaring. As we all see full pug teams who doesnt know where to go at the start of a game. knowing good positions and bad positions is important if you dont want to nascar. ask to the the pugs camping the death valley.

It's not that people don't understand what you're saying, it's that the decision is clouded by uncertainty. Yes, you can beat back an enemy Nascar with a solid firing line. You can also be the only guy who turns around and then die a quick death as you get overrun. There's no trust or cohesion in SQ, so it's not an easy call. Someone calls out "Let's rotate the other way!" Do you do it? Sometimes the whole team does it, sometimes they ignore the call, other times they split.

People don't Nascar because they're dumb, they do it because it's effective while requiring almost zero communication. It's funny that in all instances of people complaining about losing because of teammates mindlessly nascaring, the enemy team is also mindlessly nascaring. The only difference is that the enemy team is winning because it doesn't have tactical jeenyus teammates who insist on stopping, getting overrun, and then whining about it on the forums.

#19 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

i am not talking about any call here dude, i am talking about map awarness. people not trusting others when they call to turn back could maybe actually be aware of what is happening ? the lack of map awarness, of knowledge about what is a good position and what is not is what make people nascar without a single clue of it being effective or not.

#20 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

If people don't like to move they should go over to FP and stand in the same line at the same choke point every game. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users