2 replies to this topic

#1 FuMeZ

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

Hello MechWarriors,

I started playing in August 2018, quit for like 6 months and really picked up playing again in May 2019. Since then I am really hooked on this game and played a lot, probably like close to 2000 matches and I feel I'm finally starting to get somewhat okayish... I joined a casual quick play unit cause I recognized during all those games that playing somewhat together, sharing target infos, calling targets etc. is making everyone's lives a lot easier, netting more wins, ergo being a lot more fun...

But quick play doesnt seem to be the place for "organized" games so I thought about getting into fp. I read some forum topics and the general consensus seems to be that you need fully skilled mechs for different maps/battle plans (close range, medium range, long range) so I started grinding is and clan mechs for all the range brackets. Now I'd like to share the drop decks I want to create and ask you guys for advice on how to improve the decks before diving into fp...

So far I was thinking:

IS close: FNR-5B (2HG 5MPL), MAD-BH2 (HG 6ML), QKD-IV4 (MRM60), UM-K9 (5MPL)
IS mid: MAL-MX90 (4UAC5), GHR-5H (2HPPC 5ML), WHM-BW (UAC10 2UAC5), WLF-GR (5ERM)
IS long: BLR-1G (5ERL), WHM-6D (5ERL), DRG-5N (3UAC2), PHX-1B (2ERPPC)
Clan close: MAD-IIC-SC (2LB20 SRM24), ON1-IIC-A (LB20 SRM24), VGL-A (LB20 SRM24), ACW-1 (SRM26)
Clan mid: BAS-A (UAC10 3UAC5), HBR-PRIME (2ERL 4ERM), EBJ-PRIME (2LPL 6ERM), COU-E (HLL 6ERM)
Clan long: DWF-UV (8 AC2/LB2), HBR-VI (4ERL), VGL-1 (4ERPPC), COU-H (2ERPPC)

I already own all but the PHX. The underlined ones are already mastered, working on the rest.

Curious about your thoughts, thanks in advance and happy hunting!

FuMeZ

Edited by FuMeZ, 19 July 2019 - 08:24 AM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

First things first, plan for duplicate mechs. You will eventually own 2-3 copies of mechs you take into FP.

Clan Close looks good, except for that SRM26 ACW (go with SRM24)
Long range decks in FP mean boating ERLLs with range boosts to about 1800m total.
IS close.... that FNR is IMO a little out of place unnless your entire team is taking that speed bracket. I'd suggest a VTR-9S instead, it's much more agile.

#3 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:29 AM

Yeah looks like you have the right idea. Honestly you could take what you've listed and be in pretty good shape as long as you know which maps to bring which deck. Alot of maps that you would think work best with mid range, actually need long range. (Like tourmaline)

I agree with horsey on the on the fafnir but for different reasons. The cooldown on Hgauss will make you really salty if u get hard pushed. Get the fafnir-5 when its convenient, and stuff it with uacs or lbx. The cooldown feels much better, excellent siege defense mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users