Solaris 7 - Lag

4 replies to this topic

#1 Left Overs

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

I tried this for the first time today. I lagged so bad that it dropped me one time and 6 others my vision was laggy and jumping around...needless to say this wasn't any fun and I will not go back unless I can figure out the lag.

I am in N Am, it is Saturday, about noon. I lowered my video all the way down and it didn't help.

Any suggestions? Does S7 just take a bigger video card for some reason?

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

You can end up dropping to Oceanic servers if the other player has set them as their preference.

#3 LeucippusK

• PipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBenton Harbor, Mich

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

The game doesnt restrict you to the server of your choice. You will drop on every server unfortunately.

#4 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:58 PM

in fact, S7 uses way less resources, because there's only one, not 23 other players in the game

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:41 AM

View PostLeft Overs, on 20 July 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

I tried this for the first time today. I lagged so bad that it dropped me one time and 6 others my vision was laggy and jumping around...needless to say this wasn't any fun and I will not go back unless I can figure out the lag.

I am in N Am, it is Saturday, about noon. I lowered my video all the way down and it didn't help.

Any suggestions? Does S7 just take a bigger video card for some reason?

I'd suggest checking what else was running on your machine. MWO tends to lag for me if I get close to full RAM usage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users