8 replies to this topic

#1 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:22 AM

Greetings,

I am looking for a new medium mech to play srm brawling and i'm in doubt which one to get...

Do i go for the GRF 2N for ECM and Structure quirks or do i go for Vapor Eagle for clan tech?

Also, which one has better hitboxes?

These are the builds i had in mind for then (accept feedback for then):

SRM GRF:

GRF-2N

Stealth Armor Variant:

GRF-2N

SRM VGL:

VGL-A

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

4 tons of ammo? Hell no, that's too little. 4.5 can run dry with both Missle Rack upgrades (630 missiles). I recommend to start with 6t and then go down by 0.5t each time you get a Missile Rack node.

For hitboxes, see https://mwomercs.com...localization-2/

Edited by Horseman, 24 July 2019 - 09:48 AM.

#3 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostCzardread, on 24 July 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

Greetings,

I am looking for a new medium mech to play srm brawling and i'm in doubt which one to get...

Do i go for the GRF 2N for ECM and Structure quirks or do i go for Vapor Eagle for clan tech?

Also, which one has better hitboxes?

These are the builds i had in mind for then (accept feedback for then):

SRM GRF:

GRF-2N

Stealth Armor Variant:

GRF-2N

SRM VGL:

VGL-A

https://mech.nav-alp...2fd7f068_GRF-2N

Have been running this one for years in Faction Play.
The XL will teach you when to engage and when to stay low.

On the skills , full survival , 20 points on the operations to keep it cool,
19 points to get some range , velocity and the high explosives.
And last but not least 18 points on mobility to get some hard break and kinetic burst.

#4 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

Not to confuse the matter more, but the Bushwacker BSW-P1 is a very nice ground-bound SRM brawler worth considering:

BSW-P1 (2xSRM2, 4xSRM4)

BSW-P1 (SRM6 variant)

The SRM2s are in there so you can alpha strike without ghost heat and to avoid two large boxes added to the mech (SRM2s and SSRM2s add thinner 'blades' to the top of the mech instead of large boxes).

#5 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Griffin is going to have a tighter spread with the missiles. I'd drop the lasers and most of the arm armor for ammo/dhs/jj.

Vapor eagles are probably the best medium in the game, but you should run an LBX20 and quad SRM's if you want to brawl with one, other clan mechs are better for pure SRM.

Edited by Roughneck45, 24 July 2019 - 04:17 PM.

#6 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:25 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 24 July 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

Griffin is going to have a tighter spread with the missiles. I'd drop the lasers and most of the arm armor for ammo/dhs/jj.

Vapor eagles are probably the best medium in the game, but you should run an LBX20 and quad SRM's if you want to brawl with one, other clan mechs are better for pure SRM.

Very interesting considerations roughneck, thank you very much for it.

Could you by any chance provide a build for thath vapor eagle? cant seens to figure out how to put a lbx20 on it.

#7 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

View PostCzardread, on 25 July 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Very interesting considerations roughneck, thank you very much for it.

Could you by any chance provide a build for thath vapor eagle? cant seens to figure out how to put a lbx20 on it.

VGL-A (SRM6) and VGL-A (ASRM4) are probably decent starting points. The spread on clan SRM6s means it's better against bigger mechs, but at point blank range it'll delete mechs almost as well as a 8xSRM6 Huntsman (another solid brawling SRM mech, though you need the Pakhet's torso omnipods).

#8 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:56 PM

Unless that's 8x SRM6 Pakhet, I generally stay away from Clan in brawling, they're flimsy in most cases, and you have to make up for it with sheer firepower like the case of Pakhet.

With mere 4x SRM4A on a Veagle, honestly I'd rather you just get 2x ATM12 + ATM9 and ATM-Poptart the **** out of people, or build a legitimate 4x SRM6A + LB20X.

If you want a 4x SRM6A build, there are lighter platforms you could use for that. It's not exactly a powerful build for brawling compared to IS anyways, you're better off with a striker build.

#9 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:10 AM

On your non stealth build dump the artemis for more ammo and at least 1 more jump jet. As for the over all question the Griffin for the higher mounts, good for poptart rocketing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users