5 replies to this topic

#1 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

Release skill tree to select all 239 nodes. First 100 cost as much they are now to open, next 100 2 x cost and last 39 3 x cost.

Just for fun.

#2 Kim Vallantine

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 29 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTorres, RS, Brazil

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

Just NO

#3 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:40 PM

Tell me worst what would happen?
If they do that, to me worst is that maybe a few hundred comp-players would come back to play because they NEED those nodes open to stay competitive.
To rest who already have mastered all mechs but are not competitive, it would give something to play for besides events.

#4 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:18 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 15 September 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

Tell me worst what would happen?
If they do that, to me worst is that maybe a few hundred comp-players would come back to play because they NEED those nodes open to stay competitive.
To rest who already have mastered all mechs but are not competitive, it would give something to play for besides events.

- You can be - fast, powered or armored. Choose only 2 of them. To make it more clear - skill tree have enough nodes to make bad mech - a little better, good mech - nice to play and already excellent mech - godlike really. Most of players don`t understand, that if mech not powerful enough, it can use another skill to play like paper-stone-scissors to get victory. Yes, for most mech some skill essential and must have (about 20-35). Like radar-depr for all light and medium without ecm. And some radar for LRM. Or heat manage - for hot mech. But it cost for making mech you play, for your playstile. Not like it was long ago when all have skilled the same mech and play only on best mech of all (neraly 3\4 of mech was unplayable back than.
So, they really don`t need all skill points. They need only those, which make their mech better builded and skilled then enemy.
Its basis. Shield and Sword.
So, play mech, see which nodes must have for mech, build them after each match (its about 2 skillpoint after match you can get) and build your dream mech. Also really helps evolving builds with skill nodes to know your mech better.
If you have any questions - give them.

#5 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:36 AM

So basically there wouldn't be any catastrophical consequenses at sight. Some nodes must be opened before others, but that's it.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

I have found that my priorities have changed from when the Skill Tree was first introduced. But I will also say no. That was the fallacy of the first "skill" tree, it was basically all especially for the last one to get that extra module slot.

I did say no to a full fill but I am not against PGI slightly increasing the number of active nodes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users