Destroying Components - How To Do It Best

6 replies to this topic

#1 Left Overs

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:42 PM

For the event tomorrow I (and everyone else) needs to destroy 20 components. Any suggestions on this? I don't normally get many components even when I get a kill.
What weapons work best for this? Is it a targeting thing? I mostly aim at CT. Should I be aiming at RT (or something)?

#2 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

LBXs close range are very good at destroying components. And of course, in order to destroy a damaged component, you'll have to aim for it. Sidetorsos are nice, because if you destroy one, and there's still an arm attached to it, you get 2 components.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:44 AM

Shoot legs. It's a good way to kill mechs anyways.

#4 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:26 PM

where do I find what is currently defined as a component?

#5 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:19 PM

Component = body part of 'Mech. CT, LT, RT, LA, RA, LL, RL, HD.
Equipment = stuff mounted in component. Weapons, ECM, BAP, AMS, etc.

If you hit a 'Mech, you are already shooting at least one component. Keep shooting it until the 'Mech dies or something falls off it. You will see the message "component destroyed" appear on your screen. Lather, rinse, repeat. You literally cannot fail to get component destructions if you are getting kills, so... just do what you would normally do, and the C/Ds will come of their own accord.

The maximum possible component destructions per kill is six: LT+LA, RT+RA, one leg, and then either the remaining leg, the CT, or the head. This is only possible with a standard-engine equipped 'Mech. A LFE or Clan XL equipped 'Mech can, at most, give you five component destructions: One torso plus its attached arm, one leg, and then the other torso and its arm (since destroying both sides kills the 'Mech). An IS XL equipped 'Mech will give you, at most, four component destructions: Both arms, one leg, and then any other remaining component on the 'Mech. None of these scenarios are common unless you chance upon a player who's AFK, since otherwise you will want to kill the enemy as fast as possible instead of farting around trying to disassemple them piece by piece. This is inefficient, and also generally ineffective because you will likely end up with fewer destructions overall per match. If you waste too much time on each individual 'Mech, then you've let all of its buddies farm you instead.

So, again: just do what you would normally do, and try to kill enemy 'Mechs. If you are getting kills, then you are also destroying components (at least one is guaranteed if you got the killing blow). No need to stress over this one; it's nothing special or difficult and will complete on its own as you play the game.

#6 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 04 April 2020 - 08:25 PM

The easiest components to identify are the arms and legs. Side and centre torsos vary in size depending on the mech. Use your 'R' key to bring up a mech's 'paper doll' diagram which shows the health of each component.

Components change colour as they are damaged, going from yellow to orange to red so if you see an area on a targeted mech that is red, shoot that area for the quickest component kill.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#7 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:05 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 04 April 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

where do I find what is currently defined as a component?

It has never changed: Head (cockpit), each arm, each side torso, each leg and center torso. You want this thread for details of where the hitboxes actually are on each chassis: https://mwomercs.com...localization-2/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users