Mechwarrior 5 Release Date & Epic Games Store Exclusivity

1380 replies to this topic

#61 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

Refund requested. This is some grand scale *******. I was sold a Steam game and now not only was I expected to use an launcher that is sub par without my current friends list, but also delayed by3 ******* months?

PGI, you killed Mechwarrior. It wasn't easy but you managed to do it.

#62 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

Yeah thats going to go great PGI! Refund it is for me...and I so hoped you would do the right thing here! But no...Failed again!

#63 Earl Whitehaven

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

Really is a pity, I WAS looking forward to playing MW5. Only good thing is that this move will likely save me quite a bit of money as I said in another thread. I didn't think I would say this, but I hope MW5 fails on epic. I hope epic fails and becomes just a discarded footnote though unfortunately that is unlikely with epic it could happen with PGI at this rate.

#64 Sargon X

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 51 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

Refund requested.

Maybe it is petty, but I hope the game fails. It needs to happen so that companies stop doing this.

#65 Amer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

Was pretty sure this was gonna happen, thus I didn't preorder. Good luck, Piranha.

#66 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

Everyone should cancel their preorders and get Cyberpunk 2077 instead Posted Image

#67 Asterisk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 107 posts
  • LocationVandenberg AFB, CA

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

View PostJackofallpots, on 25 July 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

Everyone should cancel their preorders and get Cyberpunk 2077 instead Posted Image

... Or get a superior Battletech product from a company that actually delivers.

https://www.kickstar...h-clan-invasion

#68 Kenshi Wolf

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:19 AM

I'm sorry but was this really a good idea? I can't even find the option to log into my account on the MW5 site which makes me worry because how am i going to get my key for the game even on the epic store if i can't log in anymore and check the codes?!

Look i was worried about the epic store mostly because i fear they won't be sustainable, they are giving publishers a big cut, which means they are making less money, it makes it good for the publisher but maybe not for epic.

I'm glad the window for this is so big because I will have to decide if i want to get a refund or not, on one hand I was really looking forward to this, and genuinely do not want to wait a whole year for it to come to steam, on the other hand, this is, wildly fool hearty to promise people a steam copy and then suddenly bed with epic.

I can understand, in this day and age epic is really trying to compete and draw in new game makers to help try and kick valve in their titanic backside. I just worry that you guys ended up making a deal that will hurt you more then anything, if you wanted to push the launch date that's one thing, Alot of fans would grumble but it happens. Bedding with epic after promising a steam version code and then saying that the code will no longer happen even after the year exclusive was up with epic, is just. This also sounds like it won't have it's own launcher like MWO has which means similarly that if we don't want to put up with epic, we HAVE to wait a year and thus need to get a refund but, ugh, this just.
There were better options here guys, come on!

#69 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:23 AM

First time i will refund a preorder, ever.

Ty for MWO PGI, it had a good run and i very much enjoyed the product you created (in the distant past). HF&GL in insolvency.

Edited by meteorol, 25 July 2019 - 09:24 AM.

#70 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

#71 CmdrA

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

I'm going to wait to see if its going to be EGS perma exclusive and never go anywhere else or if its only timed and if how long. I will be waiting for the AMAs to see if they say anything about it coming to steam and gog like they originally promised and maybe after backlash, allow potential keys via the preorders for steam / etc otherwise.... Well its refundsville for me. I had a bad feeling about this as soon as I saw some suspect stuff happening with the MW5 website and things Russ has been retweeting lately. Seems my suspicions have been confirmed. If no steam, period well I hope you enjoy the decision you've made. Because you've made your bed, you now have to lie in it.

Apparently the faq was update or something when i first looked? because i never saw the timed part when i read from part to part.

Edited by CmdrA, 25 July 2019 - 09:32 AM.

#72 Trilobiteer

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallan, Victoria, Australia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostAsterisk, on 25 July 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Planning a refund here. Will wait and see if it's a timed exclusive, or a "for all time" exclusive. If I can just wait it out, it'll suck to miss the first months, year, whatever of the game. If not, well...

Per the FAQ on the MW5 website:

2: For how long will MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries be an Epic Games store exclusive?

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will be exclusive to the Epic Games store for a year.

3: Will MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries be available on any other digital platforms in the future?

Yes, after the year exclusive MW5 will most likely show up in other digital game stores.

4: The original purchase FAQ mentioned a steam key, can I still get a steam key?

Unfortunately no, however, we are offering full refunds.

Edited by Trilobiteer, 25 July 2019 - 09:27 AM.

#73 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:27 AM

Well, i will wait for the GoG release then...

PS: You can keep the Money - do not expect more if it is not a GoG sale.

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 July 2019 - 09:28 AM.

#74 Trilobiteer

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallan, Victoria, Australia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

There's also this lovely quote:

"We also feel very strongly about discoverability and believe that MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries has a greater chance of market success on the Epic Games store."

Make of that what you will, personally I hold a different interpretation of discoverability and market success than PGI appears to.

#75 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:36 AM

You should do like Metro 2033 and let community pre-orders have their game at launch.

This is a massive dumpster-fire of a decision and, honestly, you may not survive it as a company.

#76 Mister Smile

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

Hopefully they will not...

#77 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:43 AM

Ouch! :~(

#78 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 25 July 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

Not even Quads could make me buy your game now.

OMG... this sentence. I never thought I would see something like that.

#79 maynn

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFontana California

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

I have never canceled a pre-order before, but this is a first. Epic was a bad choice on your part for your fan base who are generally savvy to the gaming market. I will never buy a game on Epic and most of the gamer's i know feel the same way.

I have REALLY wanted to play MW5 and sadly will have to wait until late 2020 or early 2021 through Steam. Heck, I would have been happy if you just sold straight from your website if you didn't put it on Steam. Sadly i will keep track of how you are doing and hope this doesn't put damper on MW5.

#80 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 25 July 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

, you may not survive it as a company.

best that can happen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users