What Do We Have To Look Forward To?

15 replies to this topic

#1 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:20 PM

So now that many of us are sowered on MW5 what other new games are you looking forward to?

For me it's Transport Fever 2. Although I see there is a new Deadliest catch game being made. Could be good if done right.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:23 PM

Hollow Knight: Silksong looks to be shaping up great, by my age is getting to me and I can no longer keep up with endstage bosses in these mid-difficulty side-scrollers. Had to abandon Hollow Knight because I couldn't finish it.

Crying Suns had a pretty interesting demo. Looks like a fun Rouge-Like game.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

i haven't seen any games out there that even remotely interest me.

#4 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

You know what would be cool tho?

Total War: Battletech

#5 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:16 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 29 July 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

That would be fun. I'm still waiting for Total War to make an American Civil War game.

#6 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostBombast, on 29 July 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Hollow Knight: Silksong looks to be shaping up great, by my age is getting to me and I can no longer keep up with endstage bosses in these mid-difficulty side-scrollers. Had to abandon Hollow Knight because I couldn't finish it.

Crying Suns had a pretty interesting demo. Looks like a fun Rouge-Like game.

Never been much of a side scroller man myself.

View PostLordNothing, on 29 July 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

i haven't seen any games out there that even remotely interest me.

I think Mount and Blade Banner Lord will be good but I wonder if they will ever release it.

#7 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

I really have no idea what to do with myself.. other than MW5 to look forward to i cant say theres much to offer from gaming this year..

#8 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:20 PM

My gaming years come to an end. In my younger years, 30+ used to buy three games a month in the stores. Ghost Recon, Swat, Mechwarrior(s), flight sims. And realizing I am spending my money on stuff, that comes to an end, that I have to keep up with technology. The ends move far away faster than approaching them. Like MW4 was just like yesterday. BF2142, BF2, Operation Flashpoint (Was my best favorite game ever), specially online (64 players, and not fast paced), command and conquers. And more, are now sitting in a box in the basement. Now we can download, and then these game stores. Wasn't to happy when purchasing Halflife 2 (the game was stolen, after many years in the making), that when installing, that this game store "Steam" had to be installed to play it. The start of a new thing. The declining of where big men hanged out in these stores like kids, looking through the isle of goodies. It was like a daycare for adult men/woman. Next door would be like BlockBuster videos (renting DVDs, Vhs, bags of popcorn), and the pervs would be over there. Radio Shack there, stereo system place there, a clothing store there, and hair salon there, that the wife would be. But now, all things are online, internet. Good stuff online, crappy stuff in stores. Shelves getting empty, and the echoes of "Hello!", closed (going out of business) sign moving from the wind, and the sound of wind giving out a brown sand dusty storm gives it that haunting feeling of ghosts. So, in the last years, stayed with one game (entertainment), which is MWO since it was in beta. Deeply waiting for a new revision. Oh, got a game "Ghost Recon: Wildlands" with my Nvidia video card. Wow, $90 for that game? Played that on my own time, and that game still kicks *** today for only being coop (4 players) as I can see it on Uplay (and dislike 3rd person view). But now I am not going to install another game store, although I am a huge Battletech fan. It will be a success, for those getting it there. But I will have wait until it ends up in another online store. In the mean time, I will be doing my CGI (blender), and hoping to do some animations, and then other times MWO if it still going strong (will be back and forth (blender, MWO)).

Edited by GuardDogg, 29 July 2019 - 11:22 PM.

#9 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:25 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 29 July 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

If they go back to Rome/Medieval II engine

#10 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:46 AM

I've been knocking around in a game called Empyrion - Galactic Survival.... it's a survival game, has tons of potential, still in Alpha, but we're getting regular patches and updates. My small group run our own dedicated server ......

Has SP, MP, Co-Op, tons of options for setting up a game.......having a good deal of fun with it so far ....

#11 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:41 AM

[mod]This thread has been moved to
Off Topic Discussions.[/mod]

#12 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:05 AM

View PostJRcam4643, on 29 July 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

So now that many of us are sowered on MW5 what other new games are you looking forward to?

For me it's Transport Fever 2. Although I see there is a new Deadliest catch game being made. Could be good if done right.

For me I have been tracking this game, and it finally came out today. Already got myself some awesome matches.

Edited by Anjian, 30 July 2019 - 07:17 AM.

#13 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostEnsaine, on 30 July 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

I've been knocking around in a game called Empyrion - Galactic Survival.... it's a survival game, has tons of potential, still in Alpha, but we're getting regular patches and updates. My small group run our own dedicated server ......

Has SP, MP, Co-Op, tons of options for setting up a game.......having a good deal of fun with it so far ....

Looks like fun. I'll keep a close watch on that.

View PostAnjian, on 30 July 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

For me I have been tracking this game, and it finally came out today. Already got myself some awesome matches.

Looks interesting, shooter games on phones are kinda hard to get into but looks free to play so might as well try it.

#14 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:56 AM

Heck my wish list is full but first of all I'm saving up for some new hardware before spending it on games.
For the games that are not out yet I mostly look forward to these ones:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Code Vein
- Watch Dogs Legions (although for that one I wait for reviews to completely make up my mind about it)
- Rainbow Six Quarantine
- Ion Fury (retro duke nukem like game)

For the games that is already out:
- Metro Exodus that comes out of exclusivity next year so we'll see if they go to other platforms.
- Battle fleet Gothic: armada 2
- Tropico 6
- Sekiro
- A Plague Tale
- Draugen
- Resident Evil 2

So got plenty.

#15 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:38 AM

Waiting for Descent 2019 should be released September. Also waiting for Aquanox Deeep Descent released in December

#16 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

View PostJRcam4643, on 30 July 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Looks like fun. I'll keep a close watch on that.

Looks interesting, shooter games on phones are kinda hard to get into but looks free to play so might as well try it.

I have been playing it and its a blast. But I do suggest a high end mobile with sufficient empty storage space for the installation and the caching.

The game also has a Team Deathmatch and a third game mode that has yet to be implemented.

Playing it, I find the whole idea of adding mechs to a battle royale isn't just workable, its fun. Epic - Fortnite has caught on with the idea, apparently.

https://www.forbes.c...e/#62cc8f46541d

I won't find it unreasonable that Apex Legends, which is based on the Titanfall universe, would eventually use Titanfall mechs, should Respawn decide to respond to these developments.

Edited by Anjian, 31 July 2019 - 08:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users