So I Painted Some Mechs

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

First off, yeah, it's weird that I'm posting fan art in here while also working at piranha games, but as you'll see, this is totally a fan project I've been doing for my own enjoyment over the last while.

Posted Image
Last November, I was handed a box of old mechs by a coworker. They'd obviously been there a while. Some where in rough shape. Many were simply painted, some were not. Either way, it was a substantial gift, but these mechs needed some love. I also had a rather large collection of my own mechs that needed attention; some that needed repainting or repairing. I decided to set out and try and get as many as I could in mwo camo. I even did a few more that aren't shown here (like a Firemoth in Ebon Dragoon camo), or had others that I didn't add because they didn't fit the criteria of being whole/unmodified.

You can find them Here.

#2 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:00 PM

I think that it is great that you are engaged and feel so passionately about an IP that you actually get to be involved in work wise. You're also the dev I see most often in game and while I am sure you guys have a strict code of conduct to adhere to as representatives of the company, you still come across as legit nice fella.

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

I'm not a big mini fan but this is still really cool.

#4 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 05 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

Those are pretty rad, Mark!

#5 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

I really like that Orion.

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:01 AM

....The Black Knight .... looks the cleanest. Good color covering not to thick (Zeus looks like it was painted with to thick color) - nice Black Lining.

What I realized especially for the S7 Centurion - you need to use more washes, and when you want to paint something White you should not use white at all, same with black and grey,

For white a good base color Sepia...from there you work to the highlights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users