Will The Battlemech Cockpits Be Attached To The Mech Models In Mechwarrior 5?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Both Images are the same location and you can clearly see that the cockpit is not stuck to the battlemaster as a whole model. Simply pressing F5 in TG the Cockpit will not remain.
Will this change in Mechwarrior 5?

Edited by Armored Yokai, 06 August 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

MW5 uses the same mech designs as MWO, so I assume not.

#3 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 August 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

MW5 uses the same mech designs as MWO, so I assume not.

Damn, would have been really nice to see them just pop open the cockpit and hop right in.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:47 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 06 August 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Damn, would have been really nice to see them just pop open the cockpit and hop right in.

Maybe that is still possible, it is hard to say at this point.

However I do also think that it won't be possible. I say this mostly because there is a lot of...fudging of the model to make cockpits fit in some mechs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If I had to guess, I'd say we can walk up to our Mech's cockpits in the Mechbay with the access to them closed, and then once we click on a spot on the screen or hit a key to enter, it will transition the camera to the inside cockpit view with a fade or loading screen.

Just a guess at this point though.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 07 August 2019 - 05:47 AM.

#5 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:55 AM

Probably not.

None of the mechs are scaled around a human. Its as inconsistent here as it is in every other game.

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

Try StarCitizen....they try hard to make everthing fit

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

In the videos they have shared every pilot enter sequence had been fade to Black, fade in.

In later videos you activate a terminal to start a mission go up to your mech and fade out/in.

Also most mechs shrunk or grew since the cockpits were made. Most likely none of them fit right

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:11 AM

Another point would be that most game cheat on the camera position. SC had a build where the camera was correctly attached to where they eye where and you don't want that. Its shakey and irritating. Scaleing a human movement up to mechscale the shakeing of the motion would be terrible...that is if there aren't any compensators running to reduce the effect.

Frankly I don't mind if the cockpit are in the mech or not. Would be cool to have them physicaly correct inside but then you would most likely have to change a lot of geometry to make them fit. Also some cockpit on assault mechs would be more like a cathedral while some like mechs would have to be so tiny that a pilot hardly fits. I think the Piranah cockpit gave the right claustrophobic feeling with its low visibility.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 09 August 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

Another point would be that most game cheat on the camera position.

This is true for MWO as well. For example, if you switch back and forth in first and third person views while in a spider and time it just right/keep doing it, you'll find that the cockpit with pilot and controls is in the mid-to-lower chest between the shoulder blades, instead of in the head above the shoulder blades of the Spider. Its unknown if this was just something they felt was necessary, or if this was to offset the "view" and "weapon origin" points so that the disparity wasn't as bad... or if this was an anti "peeking" method to prevent you from hill peeking (or making you stick out more).

The issue is on that last one, it doesn't change how far you'd have to go out to hit someone, just how far you'd have to go out to see someone. Meaning it hurt the recon ability by making you come out further to spot an enemy...and made it less likely to get frustrated about accidentally pumping a laser into the dirt when you would think you were far enough.

(Can't seem to find my screenshot. which is really upsetting.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users