Please Fix The Group Matchmaking

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Char Aznable

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:51 PM

It is getting ridiculous, and no doubt PI and MWO staff know of this already but this is infuriating. You can solo queue and almost instantly get into a game. If you get in a group and try to find a match, its practically a fruitless endeavour. me and two friends queued for a while, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, half an hour and still nothing...every time I go to play this game and queue with friends I get reminded why I uninstalled it in the first place. Honestly, matchmaking should revolve around groups as a priority and then shoving on Randoms to fill in the gaps, not the other way around. I am queued at the time of this post, on a Saturday night, peak times, for NA, EU, and oceanic and yet we still haven't managed to get a game.....why? why does this game have such a gigantic hole in matchmaking? don't give me the excuse of tonnage etc

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:29 AM

Population and tons of different and separate queues. And group queue does not have any solo pugs to "fill" in the spots.

Group size requirements and this is for BOTH sides..... And PSR is out the door.

12-man needs 12 or a mix of the follow
10-man requires a 2-man
9-man requires 3-man
8-man requires 4-man or 2x2-man
7-man requires 5-man or 3 + 2-man
6-man requires 6-man, 4 + 2-man or 3x 2-man
5-man requires 7-man, 5 + 2-man, 3-man + 2x 2-man
4 ...

And sadly tons more threads like this one.

https://mwomercs.com...-with-a-friend/

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 August 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 August 2019 - 04:31 AM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

View PostSir Char Aznable, on 10 August 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

It is getting ridiculous, and no doubt PI and MWO staff know of this already but this is infuriating. You can solo queue and almost instantly get into a game. If you get in a group and try to find a match, its practically a fruitless endeavour. me and two friends queued for a while, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, half an hour and still nothing...every time I go to play this game and queue with friends I get reminded why I uninstalled it in the first place. Honestly, matchmaking should revolve around groups as a priority and then shoving on Randoms to fill in the gaps, not the other way around. I am queued at the time of this post, on a Saturday night, peak times, for NA, EU, and oceanic and yet we still haven't managed to get a game.....why? why does this game have such a gigantic hole in matchmaking? don't give me the excuse of tonnage etc

Wrong thread to get any real traction on this.
(You're in the General/Battletech tabletop...and now apparently MW5 discussion thread).
Think you want to keep it to just general, or perhaps features and suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users