#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

Highlander 1986
Rated R (Violence, some language, nudity)

Highlander, Driven from his home in Scotland, an Immortal roams the world in a conflict with others of his kind until only one remains.

I think that the music from Queen is what really helped this movie to attain the status that it did. Plenty of action with sword combat, including in the underground parking garage of Madison Square Garden, and one scene where a survivalist with an Uzi gets a three foot steel abdominal probe. Not that much blood and gore, as sparks fly from severed heads. Not for Children.

#2 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:32 AM

One of my favorite movies. I used to watch this every day when I was a teenager, and I knew the lines by heart.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

I also saw this movie when I was a teen. We had HBO and I would see several movies during the weekends, provided that I had my homework done. Needless to say, I sometimes had to get up early on Monday and do some of it as my parents thought I had finished it.

#4 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 12 August 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

I think that the music from Queen is what really helped this movie to attain the status that it did.

The use of the songs is at the point in that movie.

But it is also a nice way of story telling:
The flashbacks, and the shift between funny scenes (drunken duel) and serious scenes.
The casting is also good. It's one of the few movies Cristopher Lambert was the right choice as lead (besides Luc Bessons "Subway" and "Greystoke"). Oh, and putting John Connery in the role as mentor was pure genius.
And don't forget Clancy Brown:
https://en.wikipedia...ki/Clancy_Brown

Good work by the director:
https://en.wikipedia...Russell_Mulcahy

And regarding to the sequel...
"What sequel ? There can only be one !"
(If your plot is: "Immortal saves the ozone layer with his sword..." don't do that movie) Posted Image

Edited by Alreech, 14 August 2019 - 12:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users