- - - - -

Headshots + Cheating Accusations

3 replies to this topic

#1 Vexxey

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

Hey Mech-heads!

So I still consider myself a relatively new player. Nearing end of tier 4 about to tick into tier 3 but only really been playing 1 mech...

King Crab 6 AC2, lots of noise, lots of potential and fairly easy to get high point games!

So last night queueing with a few veteran players I decided to try fitting one of my many spare mechs, I have like 28 mechs now and 5 spare mechbays but still only play the KGC....

So I took an awesome based on recommendations from other players on my team, stuck 4 PPC on due to quirks and proceeded to try and get the headshot for the event.

4 games later not even a tickle of a headshot, enter game 5. Manage to tickle an enemies head twice. He was stationary and I had a slight elevation advantage. Didn't get the kill though.

So now I'm being recommended to try guass...

Anyway to my surprise the enemy mech pilot starts casually accusing me of having help to get multiple headshots??? Is that even a thing in MWO? More importantly, how in 5 games I get a stationary mech just below elevation and still don't get the kill can I be accused of cheating. I understand getting headshots is hard, I don't think I've had one since I started but is it that taboo???

I mean part of me wants to try and work on aiming for the "Apple on the head of the mech" and causing some saltiness but I also don't like being accused of "getting help" to headshot haha...

My stats are awful. My only decent mech is the king crab which is point and shoot. Run in, die but try and take out 3+ before you go down haha!!!

I'm a terrible pilot but kinda happy there's a ray of hope for me.

TLDR: Trying to get headshot for event. Tickle enemy stationary mech on head twice, don't kill hut get accused of cheating. Is this a problem in MWO or just a random salty player maybe having a bad day?

Thanks everyone x

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:43 AM

Your first hackusation is a milestone archievement in the process of getting good.

Its like a rite of passage.

#3 Vexxey

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostGagis, on 14 August 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Your first hackusation is a milestone archievement in the process of getting good.

Its like a rite of passage.

Ah awesome haha :) I did wonder... :)

#4 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

[mod]Accusations of cheating may be reported as Chat or VoIP Abuse.
Information on reporting in-game misconduct (such as alleged cheating or harassment) can be found at
https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct.

Due to discussion on cheating/griefing, this thread has been closed.

Constructive discussion on builds, tactics, and strategies can be continued in other relevant threads.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 14 August 2019 - 11:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users