Celebration Time

104 replies to this topic

#21 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

lol, they buffed lrms. Only thing they nerfed was leech lock.

#22 A1Ste4kSauce

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLA/OC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

On one hand, I like that I no longer get pummeled into the ground by lrms when dueling with someone. But on the other hand, I miss playing my lrm70 highlander 2c when I got tired of playing lights. So easy to get damage and kills while waddling to the front. Not being able to arc lrms with your arms anymore sucks too. I don't know if its just me but games have tended to be more brawly since the changes, no lrms locking teams down. I miss old lrms, backstabbing the lone lrmers with lights, good times.

#23 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

You can still "bend" auto aim by exploiting free look and torso mounts.

#24 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

[Redacted]

View PostOmniFail, on 20 August 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Look newcomers and PGI! Another LRM post. Plz nerf LRMz until all LRM forum posts stop.

Unnecessary.

Current changes are fine....oh gees don't tell me you can't figure out how to work the new mechanic either???

Edited by draiocht, 21 August 2019 - 02:56 PM.
Quote Clean-up, reference

#25 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 20 August 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

it is absolutely mind boggling that you have actually convinced yourself anybody outside of absolute garbage players fears your lurms.

Posted Image
Well I certainly failed to convince one guy, that that wasn't an overdose of sarcasm...

#26 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 21 August 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Posted Image
Well I certainly failed to convince one guy, that that wasn't an overdose of sarcasm...

Sarcasm from someone who continually sandbags and brags about it? Oh, and who continually says incredibly stupid things...and can't figure out how to effectively use new lurm mechanics despite being an lrm 'expert'? Riiiiiiight.

Oh and check Ash's stream under dexter being a pepega it's hilarious, can't post it for you here because of language.

#27 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

You can't use LRMs in direct LOS because both the TAG and Narc lock bonus have been obliterated.

You can't use LRMs in indirect LOS because indirect LOS locks have been obliterated by the "LRM unbalance patch".

You can't use LRMs on even the most friendly LRM maps like Alpine Peaks because they've been obliterated by out-of-LRM-range sniping.

But in exchange you can use LRMs under the tunnels available in all the FP maps, such as the one in Crimson Strait, where I just scored my first LRM tunnel kill on a damaged mech, 5 months after the LRM tunnel patch was released...

Well thank you PGI, could you go make an ERLL balance patch now. Like halving their range and doubling their heat in exchange of a 20% speed boost to their energy beam.

#28 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:09 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 August 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

You can't use LRMs in direct LOS because both the TAG and Narc lock bonus have been obliterated.

lol

You can't use LRMs in indirect LOS because indirect LOS locks have been obliterated by the "LRM unbalance patch".

also lol

You can't use LRMs on even the most friendly LRM maps like Alpine Peaks because they've been obliterated by out-of-LRM-range sniping.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Well thank you PGI, could you go make an ERLL balance patch now. Like halving their range and doubling their heat in exchange of a 20% speed boost to their energy beam.

ERLL TRADING is fine.

I haven't seen anyone have issues running auto aim on auto aim friendly maps.

The only thing that got nerfed was extreme backlining at the expense of your team; IE you and yours toxic attitude towards teamwork in a team game.

Edited by Prototelis, 22 August 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#29 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Oh, LRMs low arc not fine? So sad, you wanna cancel it? Easy. But before, return some pin point damage builds back, like Night Gyr 2 GR + 1 ERPPC and give some love for laser vomit (give back old lasers damage for clan side). And we'll see how fun it will be for you in that case, lurm whоrеs.

#30 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 August 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

But in exchange you can use LRMs under the tunnels available in all the FP maps, such as the one in Crimson Strait, where I just scored my first LRM tunnel kill on a damaged mech, 5 months after the LRM tunnel patch was released...

Don't know why you don't understand that these issues are only affecting you and a small percentage of lrm users.

In everyone of those things you said above you simply need to change the 'you' to 'I'.

#31 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:50 PM

View PostNathan White, on 22 August 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

give back old lasers damage for clan side

In fact I'm OK with that.

One reason ERLL work fine from 0m to over ~2000m, is because brawl weapons are too weak, so ERLL can be used as a brawl, even for a deathball push : Smaller weapons may overheat slower, but short-ranged mechs will be "dead by ERLL" before they get a chance to use their short-ranged heat advantage.

Halve the ERLL range : ERLLs can no longer be used well outside LRM range.

Double the ERLL heat : ERLLs suddenly becomes less of a brawl weapon.

Add 20% to ERLL beam speed : Now ERLL users have no reason to complain their first grade any-range all purpose weapon has been "balanced" into a mid-range only weapon, and a bad one at that.

ERLL balance patch done : Next !

And the alternative to making ERLL weapons less of a first grade brawl weapon, is to make shorter ranged weapons into more of a brawl weapon then they are now.

#32 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 August 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

In fact I'm OK with that.

One reason ERLL work fine from 0m to over ~2000m, is because brawl weapons are too weak, so ERLL can be used as a brawl, even for a deathball push : Smaller weapons may overheat slower, but short-ranged mechs will be "dead by ERLL" before they get a chance to use their short-ranged heat advantage.

Halve the ERLL range : ERLLs can no longer be used well outside LRM range.

Double the ERLL heat : ERLLs suddenly becomes less of a brawl weapon.

Add 20% to ERLL beam speed : Now ERLL users have no reason to complain their first grade any-range all purpose weapon has been "balanced" into a mid-range only weapon, and a bad one at that.

ERLL balance patch done : Next !

And the alternative to making ERLL weapons less of a first grade brawl weapon, is to make shorter ranged weapons into more of a brawl weapon then they are now.

LOL....

When you learn more about the game you will understand how silly the things you are saying are.

#33 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 August 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

One reason ERLL work fine from 0m to over ~2000m, is because brawl weapons are too weak, so ERLL can be used as a brawl, even for a deathball push

wut

#34 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

wut

He's right IS medium pulse sucks and are in need of a buff Posted Image

Edited by Feral Clown, 22 August 2019 - 05:05 PM.

#35 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 20 August 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

lol, they buffed lrms. Only thing they nerfed was leech lock.

Minimum "DIRECT" LOS lock from 0m, now takes 3.6X LONGER then the initial minimum INDIRECT LOS lock from 1000m away from before the avalanche of missile nerfs, that's how high the pile of nerfs have reached.

And that's on top of the LRM range nerf, the heat nerf, the multiple lock surface nerfs, the AMS boost, the missile health nerfs, the quad AMS mechs...

How long does a 3.6x longer "DIRECT" LOS lock take now ?

Based on the previous headshot event : More then enough time to be headshot from ~800m without finishing the target lock.

I guess you can compare getting a direct LOS lock in 2019, to having to wake up your mech from an emergency shutdown in plain sight.

Go get a direct LOS lock in 2019 ? You might as well say go get headshot instead.

So no, PGI didn't just remove the long range indirect locks. They nerfed everything from every range with a triple layer of nerfs, making both direct locks and indirect locks equally impractical.

And if you tell me you're not struggling to cope with that : It's because you're not using that.

#36 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

Minimum "DIRECT" LOS lock from 0m, now takes 3.6X LONGER then the initial minimum INDIRECT LOS lock from 1000m away from before the avalanche of missile nerfs, that's how high the pile of nerfs have reached.

And that's on top of the LRM range nerf, the heat nerf, the multiple lock surface nerfs, the AMS boost, the missile health nerfs, the quad AMS mechs...

How long does a 3.6x longer "DIRECT" LOS lock take now ?

Based on the previous headshot event : More then enough time to be headshot from ~800m without finishing the target lock.

I guess you can compare getting a direct LOS lock in 2019, to having to wake up your mech from an emergency shutdown in plain sight.

Go get a direct LOS lock in 2019 ? You might as well say go get headshot instead.

So no, PGI didn't just remove the long range indirect locks. They nerfed everything from every range with a triple layer of nerfs, making both direct locks and indirect locks equally impractical.

And if you tell me you're not struggling to cope with that : It's because you're not using that.

Get direct locks all the time. You saying direct locks take 3.6 times longer than before is not correct.

https://mwomercs.com...atch-notes/2251
  • Attempting a weapon lock in direct LOS will see a 20% reduction in weapon lock-on time over the previous universal lock-on base time.
  • This rate is a flat rate that applies equally across all ranges provided you have direct LOS to the target. Furthermore, this value cannot be augmented in any way.

Edited by Feral Clown, 22 August 2019 - 07:07 PM.

#37 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

#38 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

No

the heat nerf,

Heat on most lrms got rolled back to previous values, which were a buff. Some lrms got stricter ghost heat only in IDF, which is a good thing.

the multiple lock surface nerfs, the AMS boost, the missile health nerfs, the quad AMS mechs...

Not sure what "lock surface nerfs" are. Sounds like something you made up. AMS remained more or less neutral (most mechs lost their quirks, AMS received a small range boost)

They walked back the missile health changes quite a bit. That Corsair you keep crying about is basically restricted to running heavy mech builds with quad AMS.

lol, try not stripping as much face armor if you plan on face tanking.

Direct locks fine, indirect locks received a needed adjustment to encourage leech lockers to move up.

I am not struggling with that. Try lowering the sensitivity on your mouse or having a better sense of who and what you're exposing to.

Like FFS, just learn to skill eagle.

Edited by Prototelis, 22 August 2019 - 08:05 PM.

#39 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 August 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

Not sure what "lock surface nerfs" are. Sounds like something you made up. AMS remained more or less neutral (most mechs lost their quirks, AMS received a small range boost)

I think he means the lock-cone reduction, so that you now have to hold the reticule onto the actual mech instead of somewhere in that red brackets.

#40 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 August 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I think he means the lock-cone reduction, so that you now have to hold the reticule onto the actual mech instead of somewhere in that red brackets.

lol, you still don't even need to hold the reticle on the actual mech.

Its still put the circle near the square. Any with a modicum of tracking ability was unaffected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users