Cant Choose Faction In Fw

20 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan6

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

I am unable to choose faction in FW, No pop-up button when viewing faction detail. I am currently not in any unit or faction. Pls help.

#2 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:01 PM

Restart client slowly.

#3 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:04 AM

Working as intended. Nothing to see here.

#4 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

Unless you're referring to some bug in the current system (i.e. per-event loyalty, with choice between two participants), it is working as intended.

Wait for tomorrow patch, it should return permanent loyalty pledge.

#5 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,947 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:51 PM

i am seeing some type of problem
only a few players are showing faction tags

so the conflict gives you a choice of which faction to choose from

so you select kurita for example
when you get in game there is no Kurita tag next to your name

so you are left wondering if you are going to get reputation points for the faction you selected

anyone know ?

edit: says no faction but I selected faction twice

Posted Image

Edited by Davegt27, 20 August 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

With patch for Forum stuff

Go to Faction Play
Faction Details
IS or Clan
House or Clan
View Factions
Select Faction
View Faction Details
Pledge Loyalty

Then for the Missions, select Freelance/Merc/Loyalist and which faction for the event.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 August 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,947 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

ok that did it

so back to the original way we choose loyalty

thanks Tarl

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

My issue is that I'm allowed to queue back for the next conflict, without having to choose a faction for that new conflict.

Which wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to keep selecting back the same or a new Faction every few hours.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

This is for forum faction/allegiance only. This stays until you decide to change it. Then you still have to select which side you are on for the mini-conflict.

My Allegiance is with the Draconis Combine, so my in-game/forum badge does not change. As such I currently setup for this conflict with Steiner, I will have to re-up for the next conflict and chose a side.

The current mode I actually consider it as co-op with a side, or another way of taking it, it is similar to how CW was laid out, Rasalhague, Draconis Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth vs the Clans. Those fights were essential for those three states vs the Clans, until or unless the Clans drove deep enough to have borders with the Southern States. If the contested planet was on the Combine/CSJ border, it was a DCMS defense for that DC planet with other Houses' soldiers able to co-op on Defense only, but non-DCMS soldiers could not co-op on Assault vectors.

Essentially, when the mini-conflict is over your co-op contract has been completed.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 20 August 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

With patch for Forum stuff

Go to Faction Play
Faction Details
IS or Clan
House or Clan
View Factions
Select Faction
View Faction Details
Pledge Loyalty

Then for the Missions, select Freelance/Merc/Loyalist and which faction for the event.

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:12 PM

If I pledge loyalty to Steiner, can I pick Diamond Shark on the same account to play some games in a conflict involving Clan vs IS?

#11 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 August 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

If I pledge loyalty to Steiner, can I pick Diamond Shark on the same account to play some games in a conflict involving Clan vs IS?

^this^

and more to the point: when I pledge loyalty to Steiner I can expect to wait how long until there is a level21 to grind towards?

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:09 PM

So, what - if anything - is the practical consequence of selecting an overall Faction Loyalty, from a Loyalty Points perspective?

#13 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:58 AM

View PostAppogee, on 20 August 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

So, what - if anything - is the practical consequence of selecting an overall Faction Loyalty, from a Loyalty Points perspective?

Rising through faction ranks. Though in the age of weekly events and easy MCs, rank rewards are underwhelming for such a grind.
Also there were plans for recurring rewards after lvl20, with MCs, drop decks, etc. But it is yet to be delivered.

Other than that, two points from post-mechcon update, about faction specific cosmetics, and LP as currency. But the thread is obsolete for a long time.

So, not very motivating, from a practical perspective, IMO.

Feels good, though. Or at least, felt good, when there were enough players to form faction communities.

#14 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:20 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 August 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

That is correct. Will need to do some screenshots and check the numbers to confirm where the loyalty points are actually being applied. Again, it may simply be a badge, showing where you were from, homeland, preference.

It is what many had asked for, to fly their true colors, regardless of who they were fighting for...and to keep those colors persistent through each conflict. If I am a drac and there came along a CGB vs HK, I could select to fight for CGB. This last part I will check with my alt in the next few days. Pledge loyalty to one side but fight for the other side.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 August 2019 - 03:21 AM.

#15 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:18 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 21 August 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

it may simply be a badge, showing where you were from, homeland, preference.

I'm not so sure.

I remember Paul's design thread saying you'd get full LP when fighting for one sub-group of aligned factions, reduced LP if fighting for another sub-group of aligned factions, and none if fighting against your chosen faction.

Ie. Unless you're fighting for your selected faction's sub-group alliance, you were going to be getting less LP per match.

Did that alliance idea get junked, or was it applied in this patch but not explained in the patch notes?

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:37 AM

Hey, as long as I'm allowed to fight for any one regardless of Loyalty choice on the same account, then it's cool. The LP is an added bonus and incentive but for people who simply want to play FW and don't have a Unit, the Loyalist would be great this way.

#17 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostAppogee, on 21 August 2019 - 04:18 AM, said:

I'm not so sure.

I remember Paul's design thread saying you'd get full LP when fighting for one sub-group of aligned factions, reduced LP if fighting for another sub-group of aligned factions, and none if fighting against your chosen faction.

Ie. Unless you're fighting for your selected faction's sub-group alliance, you were going to be getting less LP per match.

Did that alliance idea get junked, or was it applied in this patch but not explained in the patch notes?

Quite possibly. Will be dropping for the IS Faction and check Loyalty points then drop Clan Faction and check those points.

The only notes were the following for the patch notes

Faction Play Improvements

Pledging Loyalty to a Faction:

A player who has pledged loyalty to a Faction will now have that Faction's emblem displayed on their home screen, Forum profile and all screens which display profile alignment such as main menu, scoreboard, leaderboard etc. The emblem will not change if the player is participating in Faction Play for another Faction other than the one they are loyal to, even if their Faction is not involved in the current conflict.

From the sticky in FP subforumNote:
https://mwomercs.com...design-spec-v2/

Note: The design behind this is to allow the player to participate in all Conflicts under the banner of their chosen Faction even if their Faction is not involved in the current Conflict.

3) Loyalty Points (LP) Note: Loyalty Points do not have any effect on C-Bill or XP gains.

3.1) Accumulation of LP
  • A player gains LP for in-game actions such as Kill Assists, Spotting Enemies and protecting allies.
  • A player gains LP for winning matches.
  • A player gains LP as a bonus on top of C-Bills and XP.
  • A player loses LP if they team kill an ally.
  • Note: The amount of LP totaled at the end of a match will be referred to as LP-EOM. LP-EOM is the match result total PRIOR to any bonuses.

3.2) Rate of Accumulation
  • A player earns 120% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for their Faction if their Faction is involved in the current Conflict.
  • A player earns 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for an Allied Faction if that Faction is involved in the current Conflict.
  • A player earns 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Inner Sphere if their Faction is part of the Inner Sphere and the current conflict is between the Inner Sphere and Clans.
  • A player earns 100% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Clans if their Faction is part of the Clans and the current conflict is between the Inner Sphere and Clans.
  • A player earns 80% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Inner Sphere if their Faction is part of the Inner Sphere and the current conflict is between Clan and Clan Factions.
  • A player earns 80% LP-EOM payouts at the end of a match when fighting for the Clans if their Faction is part of the Clans and the current conflict is between InnerSphere and InnerSphere Factions.
  • A player who plays sequential matches during a Conflict without changing Faction (die hard Loyalist) will get an additional 2.5% LP-EOM per match played to a cap of 25% (10 matches) to bring their total gain potential to 145%.

3.3) Loyalty Gain Potential
  • A player should be shown the potential LP gain prior to selecting a Faction on the Faction Select screen.
  • E.g. A player who is aligned with Kurita entering a conflict between Steiner and Marik, should see the potential Kurita LP gains if they participate by selecting Marik.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 August 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#18 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

So here's the update on what's going on in terms of implementing the Loyalist path in FP.

First and foremost, the ability to select a Faction to be loyal to and keeping that loyalty flag consistent across all screens will be implemented in the August patch. The screens have been planned and laid out and engineering has already covered a lot of ground getting this ready. This is Section 2 in the OP.

The selection of Faction will be taking place on the usual spot in the Faction Selection flag screen. The warning screen to let players know about what the implication of pledging loyalty will be displayed as per Section 1 in the OP. Again, this is for the August patch.

The trickier part of this whole update is the LP distribution and associated components outlined in Sections 3-5. The CtA feature is on the border of making it for a Sept. patch but the main goal of Sections 3 and 5 are the primary targeted features to go in. While the roadmap in the OP has been updated to show a tentative release of Sept (and the engineers seem to be okay with it) I don't want to set a hard date until we have been developing it all and have a clear understanding of the systems affected/created to get this in. Target IS Sept, but give us some wiggle room on it.

During this time of getting Sections 1 and 2 done, (it's not going to take a full patch worth of work) getting parts 3-5 is no where near possible done for August. But since it's a light patch schedule we are also addressing the Leaderboards for FP. Stay tuned for more on that and I'll be creating a new thread for the Leaderboard discussion that has a need for your input. That thread will be put up on Monday.

Next thing on our discussion plate for what happens after the Loyalty update is complete, is Mercenary Unit roles and their contract bonus return.

#19 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

Thanks Tarl. That's the convoluted - and to my mind completely unnecessary - LP mechanic that Paul was working up.

You'd think it'd be mentioned in the Patch Notes if it's been implemented. But then, it wouldn't be the first time {GI had neglected to mention or directly hidden a change that reduced player earnings.

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

Testing it, currently it is Kurita vs somebody... Posted Image

Allegiance to Kurita - contacted Loyaltist to Kurita - Earned Kurita LP
Allegiance to Rasalhague - contracted Loyalist to Kurita, Earned Rasalhague LP

If no Allegiance declared.. not able to test.. LP goes into limbo, as per Dave's screenshot?

So right now, if no Allegiance has been declared, LP points do not go to the faction you are fighting for.....essentially losing LP..

What does it look like if you go Merc without an Allegiance? Do you earn Merc? Dave, when you took that screenshot? Did you go merc or loyalist or Freelance for that specific conflict?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 August 2019 - 04:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users