Loyalty Rewards Announcement In 10 Days?

46 replies to this topic

#21 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:33 AM

im in for a Mackie.
the first mech built.
do it.

#22 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

Why not pile on the pain? You know for certain that people will become angry that their purchases 'don't qualify' as 'loyalty', regardless the dollar amount. Between that and the Epic roll out, that would seem just about perfect for PGI.

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 19 August 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

Me when Mackie gets released before the Atlas II

Personally would love to see both.
But I wanted to point out that people would complain about the Atlas II as well..

Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 21 August 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#24 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

View PostKoniving, on 19 August 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Personally would love to see both.
But I wanted to point out that people would complain about the Atlas II as well..

50-60% LBX CDR + 10 from skills
2 ballistic
3 Missile
6 Energy

Imagine 4 Mpls 2LPLs and 0.75-0.9 CDR LBX
Atlas II would be a very strong assault that would smack Scooter mkIIs that boat UACs

#25 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

I dunno, unless it has stellar agility the MKII just going to trade it to death before it ever has a chance to get close.

#26 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:18 PM

Grand Dragon, AWS-9Q, TDR-10SE, TDR-9NAIS

Edited by Spheroid, 19 August 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#27 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 August 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

MWOs final mech should be the Mackie.

I'd also accept the Chameleon.

#28 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

THE FIRST MUST BE LAST!

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

i still want a loyalty reward for not canceling my preorder.

then today i saw they are going to do a ksp2, and now i need money. if only there was a preorder from a less scrupulous game developer that i could cancel and source said money from.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 August 2019 - 04:03 PM.

#30 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 August 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

THE FIRST MUST BE LAST!

Gotta come full-circle just like Avengers Endgame.

#31 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:12 PM

After the EGS announcement, PGI could've put together the Urbie IIC and the people who went for a refund, would've bought that mech pack. I think.

#32 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:49 PM

Its too early to announce loyalty rewards .

#33 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:29 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 August 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

MWOs final mech should be the Mackie.

I like the way this Mechwarrior thinks.

I honestly haven't had a problem with any of the loyalty 'Mechs over the years. Some of 'em have been crap on release, but... I never bought anything specifically for the loyalty 'Mechs, at least not after the first batch (at the time they released, the KGC-000 and AS7-S were on par with the best Clan assaults, and the CN9-AH was just about the best thing since buttered toast... which I mained for over a year, and still rotate through for funzies). They were all "free" bonuses, and most of them were great 'Mechs which I still use.

Some of them have ended up as regulars in my lineup- and some have become all-time favorites:

The aforementioned CN9-AH(L) is probably still my overall favorite 'Mech, even if I don't drive it as much as I used to because newer shinies have stolen her thunder. That shield arm is still my best friend forever. Still the best paint job ever, too.

The STK-3FB(L) is one of my go-to 'Mechs for reversing a bad night with consistent, reliable, user-friendly 6xLL pewpew.

The BJ-2(L), while not my most-used Blackjack, is easily my most successful with its 4xSRM4A+2xSPL setup.

The VTR-9A1(L), one of my better-performing 80t assaults (better than my Skokomish in KDR, but weaker in WLR), is also great fun for all-big-gun trollbuild shenanigans that no other IS assault can even contemplate.

The KFX-G(L), thanks to a config Demongirl demoed for me, has turned into one of my best-performing lights, which I enjoy every time I drop it.

The NTG-H(L) was really the first Clan heavy I had fun with. All the dakka? Yes please, thank you. Squishy and slow, but it's an assault 'Mech worth of firepower hiding under that basketball-headed monstrosity.

The WVR-7D(L), while initially disappointing, is the only Wolverine I still play because it just sort of grew on me. MASC with an LB10X and some SRMs is good, clean fun (it'd be better, though, if PGI generalized the UAC5 quirk to work for all UACs).

Even the ones I don't play with often I still like to mess with now and again, and just the fact that they give me a few consequence-free test subject variants would've been worth the trouble (high-flying dual SNPPC Cicada? Wheeeeeeeeee!). It's stuff I got for stuff I was going to get anyway, and I have no regrets. If there are more loyalty 'Mechs, I look forward to playing with them. If there aren't, then it was a good ride while it lasted.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 20 August 2019 - 12:30 AM.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

idk didnt buy anything this year but the mw5 preorder, which i may still cancel.

#35 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

Well... PGI did forget what "Loyalist" meant for a while. Maybe they forgot about "loyalty" this year?

#36 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

TBF, they should have never launched FP with that many buckets. That was doomed from the get go.

#37 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

I do not recall that Russ said there's an end of 'mech packs. I cannot be arsed to go through the stream, but the best I recall he indicated that:
- there will be 'mech packs
- there will NOT be 'mech packs every month as earlier
- there's an upcoming 'mech pack that's in some way special

If I had to guess they're still working on some of the remaining unseen. The legal stuff is taken care of, plus they'd be a good use of resources as something that can also feed into MW5:M.

#38 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

View Postjss78, on 20 August 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

I do not recall that Russ said there's an end of 'mech packs. I cannot be arsed to go through the stream, but the best I recall he indicated that:
- there will be 'mech packs
- there will NOT be 'mech packs every month as earlier
- there's an upcoming 'mech pack that's in some way special

If I had to guess they're still working on some of the remaining unseen. The legal stuff is taken care of, plus they'd be a good use of resources as something that can also feed into MW5:M.

Damn it, you made me go back and listen.

~9:00 to 13:00 mech releases to be more sparing (we are on month 3 of no new mechs). Releases will be more about making financial sense. More selective, crowd favorites, we know what the next mech will be: "It's special", etc. No mention of additional "unseen" specifically.

We can be as positive as we want. The reality however, of that intervie/developer update, thingy, was this game is in EOL and that is that until MW5 drops. The whole BS of Paul et al will "iterate" FP for the next 5-6 months (19:06) is a total lie or at least exaggeration, two months later. I refuse to re-listen to the rest. I made it to 22:40 when he started going on about a subscription model. Whatever.

Edited by Bud Crue, 20 August 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#39 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

Yes, if we do get Loyalty 'Mechs they will be variants of existing 'Mech mold like the last few years not King Crab style precursor to a entirely new chassis, much less work required.

#40 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 August 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

Damn it, you made me go back and listen.

~9:00 to 13:00 mech releases to be more sparing (we are on month 3 of no new mechs). Releases will be more about making financial sense. More selective, crowd favorites, we know what the next mech will be: "It's special", etc. No mention of additional "unseen" specifically.

We can be as positive as we want. The reality however, of that intervie/developer update, thingy, was this game is in EOL and that is that until MW5 drops. The whole BS of Paul et al will "iterate" FP for the next 5-6 months (19:06) is a total lie or at least exaggeration, two months later. I refuse to re-listen to the rest. I made it to 22:40 when he started going on about a subscription model. Whatever.

Yeah to be clear the unseen part was my own speculation. Russ says they no longer make a profit from 'mech packs in MWO. What you could look into is a 'mech that would significantly help in attracting interest to MW5:M. And as a side benefit would get some sales as an MWO 'mechpack. So you're basically looking at the most prominent, missing 3025-era chassis. Did I just describe the Crusader?

Also, I think deeeeep down ol' Russell is a sentimental fanboy just like the rest of us. He's silently content with the bit of courtroom dragon-slaying they achieved. And he wants to bring that to a conclusion.

As far as MWO being in EOL, that's uncontroversial. But that doesn't mean the game cannot be maintained for a few more years. If I had to bet, I'd say PGI is just really ****ing busy with MW5:M right now. And once that's out, the MWO patch notes will get at least a little longer than yesterday's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users