Loyalty Rewards Announcement In 10 Days?

46 replies to this topic

#41 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostCycKath, on 20 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yes, if we do get Loyalty 'Mechs they will be variants of existing 'Mech mold like the last few years

And that is good. There are still many interesting variants out there...

TDR-10SE: JJ and ECM for the Thunderbolt
PHX-7S: like a -3S with useful hardpoints
WLF-5: Wolfhound with MASC
KGC-010: King Crab with new hardpoint arrangement
Viper F: 8MG...
Timberwolf S: JJ

View Postjss78, on 20 August 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

What you could look into is a 'mech that would significantly help in attracting interest to MW5:M. And as a side benefit would get some sales as an MWO 'mechpack. So you're basically looking at the most prominent, missing 3025-era chassis.

PGI did what you just described. For example we got the Dervish because it can be used for MW:O and MW:5, and not many cared. If there had been significant (i.e. profitable) intrest in the Dervish, we would have gotten it much earlier in MW:O's lifecycle, not at the end.

And as much as I enjoy Vulcan, Champion and Charger in game (for they are great fun), they face a similar problem, unfortunately so. And the Corsair... yet another MW:O/MW:5 crossover nobody wanted.

The only 3025 designs that might spark a big enough intrest are some of the unseens. Crusader would guarantee sales, I think. Wasp and Stinger would actually provide something new to the game, 20t Mechs with JJ. But I am afraid the legal situation is not a good as some seem to believe.

#42 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 21 August 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

The only 3025 designs that might spark a big enough intrest are some of the unseens. Crusader would guarantee sales, I think. Wasp and Stinger would actually provide something new to the game, 20t Mechs with JJ. But I am afraid the legal situation is not a good as some seem to believe.

I do believe the legal situation is exactly as good as people think -- that the recent batch of re-imagined unseen (MWO's Marauder etc.) are safe to use. What we know is RIGHT after the law suit closed Catalyst started rolling our their own re-designs. HBS BT is also teasing the return of the unseen in the expansion slated for late this year. And in MWO, the already released Macross-based unseen are still in the game and being sold.

Just last week Catalyst released the tabletop's new design for the Crusader. The new Stinger, Wasp and Valkyrie designs have also been shown earlier (but post-lawsuit).

I do wonder though why PGI has been so silent. I guess one possibility is they're doing behind-the-scenes collaboration with Catalyst to ensure the MWO and tabletop redesigns share the same overall aesthetic. And maybe with the remaining unseen the lead is given to Catalyst / Anthony Scroggins instead of PGI / Alex Iglesias.

Posted Image

Edited by jss78, 21 August 2019 - 09:41 AM.

#43 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 20 August 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

I like the way this Mechwarrior thinks.

I honestly haven't had a problem with any of the loyalty 'Mechs over the years. Some of 'em have been crap on release, but... I never bought anything specifically for the loyalty 'Mechs, at least not after the first batch (at the time they released, the KGC-000 and AS7-S were on par with the best Clan assaults, and the CN9-AH was just about the best thing since buttered toast... which I mained for over a year, and still rotate through for funzies). They were all "free" bonuses, and most of them were great 'Mechs which I still use.

Some of them have ended up as regulars in my lineup- and some have become all-time favorites:

The aforementioned CN9-AH(L) is probably still my overall favorite 'Mech, even if I don't drive it as much as I used to because newer shinies have stolen her thunder. That shield arm is still my best friend forever. Still the best paint job ever, too.

The STK-3FB(L) is one of my go-to 'Mechs for reversing a bad night with consistent, reliable, user-friendly 6xLL pewpew.

The BJ-2(L), while not my most-used Blackjack, is easily my most successful with its 4xSRM4A+2xSPL setup.

The VTR-9A1(L), one of my better-performing 80t assaults (better than my Skokomish in KDR, but weaker in WLR), is also great fun for all-big-gun trollbuild shenanigans that no other IS assault can even contemplate.

The KFX-G(L), thanks to a config Demongirl demoed for me, has turned into one of my best-performing lights, which I enjoy every time I drop it.

The NTG-H(L) was really the first Clan heavy I had fun with. All the dakka? Yes please, thank you. Squishy and slow, but it's an assault 'Mech worth of firepower hiding under that basketball-headed monstrosity.

The WVR-7D(L), while initially disappointing, is the only Wolverine I still play because it just sort of grew on me. MASC with an LB10X and some SRMs is good, clean fun (it'd be better, though, if PGI generalized the UAC5 quirk to work for all UACs).

Even the ones I don't play with often I still like to mess with now and again, and just the fact that they give me a few consequence-free test subject variants would've been worth the trouble (high-flying dual SNPPC Cicada? Wheeeeeeeeee!). It's stuff I got for stuff I was going to get anyway, and I have no regrets. If there are more loyalty 'Mechs, I look forward to playing with them. If there aren't, then it was a good ride while it lasted.

Try dual snubs on the loyalty Javelin, it's a fun alternative to machine gun-laser play.

#44 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:19 AM

View Postjss78, on 21 August 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

And in MWO, the already released Macross-based unseen are still in the game and being sold.

Yet, they have not added any new ones. (The Marauder II is based of the same Macross design, so it merely represents the status quo, not a change for the better).

It seems rather strange that PGI bothers developing Mechs like the Dervish, knowing there is little to no interest, when they could go for Wasp or Crusader. A possible cooperation between PGI and CGL to ensure a corporate look might be the reason, but that is by no means certain. When the Corsair fiasco happened, the assistant LD of CGL said he expected the same level of cooperation between CGL and PGI that has been established in the past years. (He also made very clear the two companies have rather "different objectives and even different customer bases").

I mean, I sincerely hope you are right, but keep in mind your interpretation is the best possible. There are many others, not all of them positive. I prefer a pleasant surprise, you know.

PS: I also would love to get my hands on an OST-Mech, but I perfectly know it would not sell much better than the Dervish, if at all. Let's face it, if 3025 Mechs can sell, it is the Crusader, Wasp&Stinger, and perhaps the Valkyrie. Other than that, this era is done. The recent commercial failures are living proof of that.

Edited by FLG 01, 21 August 2019 - 10:20 AM.

#45 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:29 PM

Timberwolf S: JJ

Hey, we already have that one!

#46 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:47 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 August 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Hey, we already have that one!

Ups, yeah. Shows that I have not touched the Mad Cat in ages... too bad, it is a true icon and should handle much better than what we have in game.

#47 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

I just want the Jump Jets to have TT values!
but we can't have that because of L**** and S** Units that have since gone into obscurity where they deserve to be forgotten.

Highlander with actual Jumpjets you are still missed!
Direcow with 90m Jump

Edited by Armored Yokai, 21 August 2019 - 12:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users