Change Headshot Mechanic

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Change headshot mechanic ? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Change headshot mechanic ?

1. Yes (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Don't care (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:41 AM

Headshot changes :

1) Instead of a mech destruction, the pilot is wounded and he loses all his Skill point benefits except "survival" skills,and maybe quirks are lost too.

2) Add a new consumable : Heal pilot.

3) Make it easier to hit the cockpit, since the mech is no longer destroyed.

#2 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:51 AM

What are your reasons for wanting to change head destruction? I have my own reasons, but what are yours?

My concerns are mostly about player experience. Head shots feel like a gimmicky way to destroy a mech. It's not easy to pull off, but when it happens; It feels unearned somehow. Like it's a waste of what could have been an entertaining fight. I think that It also rewards players a little bit too much, if they pull it off.

Rewarding skill is nice, but I don't think they deserve to win automatically just because they can shoot a small target.

As for solutions; honestly I had a different idea. I'd rather have head hitboxes to be bigger, and have somewhere around 33% (or more) head damage to be transferred to center torso. So that head components can be more durable.

In short; I want headshots to be easier to accomplish; with the tradeoff of requiring more firepower to destroy. The hope is to make head destruction; a tactic that is available in more situations. And less of a cheap trick to win a fight.

Edited by Livaria, 05 August 2019 - 01:41 AM.

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

This has been a stable of EVERY mechwarrior game ever.... Kill the meat, Save the Metal...... It makes zero sense making pilots invlunerable or transfering damage to CT as all you are doing is making the CT slightly smaller.

#4 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:59 AM

View PostFirewuff, on 05 August 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

This has been a stable of EVERY mechwarrior game ever.... Kill the meat, Save the Metal...... It makes zero sense making pilots invlunerable or transfering damage to CT as all you are doing is making the CT slightly smaller.

*And* it makes the head bigger. Which is the entire point of my suggestion. Of course it makes "zero sense" if you don't address the reasoning behind it.

Here's a suggestion; Try to talk more about what I'm talking about. Then we can have a better conversation.

Edited by Livaria, 20 August 2019 - 04:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users