8 replies to this topic

#1 BraveInsanity

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, as I didn't see a bug reporting section in the forums. I apologize if there is one and I simply missed it. It would appear that the Victor-9A1 has less armor than all of the other variants despite having the exact same armor quirks. With the maxed out survival tree every other variant achieves a maximum of 95 armor on the left and right torso. The 9A1 variant however only maxes at 77 armor. I was simply inquiring if this is a bug no one has yet caught or if it was intentional. I would include pictures but I don't have a photobucket or imgr. It seems like it may have been intentional because if it was simply missing the actual +16 promised from the quirks it would be a total of 79, and not 77. But that begs the question why is it so low? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hoping a Dev can shed some light on the subject.

Edited by BraveInsanity, 21 August 2019 - 12:03 PM.

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image
Because it can carry 3 AC10s. That's why.

Also nothing in this game is promised.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

The 9A1 has structure quirks on the STs, not armour quirks. So, in fact, its quirks are different from the other variants.

#4 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

It has good hardpoints, so must be punished.

#5 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

Skirmish with it instead of brawling. Problem solved.

#6 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 21 August 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

Posted Image
Because it can carry 3 AC10s. That's why.

Also nothing in this game is promised.

Yep, it's already beastly with AC10s or HGRs. It'd be OP if it had 100-tonner armor on top of that.

#7 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostBraveInsanity, on 21 August 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, as I didn't see a bug reporting section in the forums. I apologize if there is one and I simply missed it. It would appear that the Victor-9A1 has less armor than all of the other variants despite having the exact same armor quirks. With the maxed out survival tree every other variant achieves a maximum of 95 armor on the left and right torso. The 9A1 variant however only maxes at 77 armor. I was simply inquiring if this is a bug no one has yet caught or if it was intentional. I would include pictures but I don't have a photobucket or imgr. It seems like it may have been intentional because if it was simply missing the actual +16 promised from the quirks it would be a total of 79, and not 77. But that begs the question why is it so low? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hoping a Dev can shed some light on the subject.

Some mechs have different armor values do to what they can carry weapons wise or other benefits. If you noticed not all variants of a mech can use the same engine as well.

#8 BraveInsanity

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

Thank you for swift replies everyone. Everything you've told me makes sense. I'm going to have to try the H.Gauss build. I've been messing around with this thing for two days trying different loadouts and I seem to have landed on the triple AC/10. Triple AC/20 is fun, but you're so freakin slow it's basically just a troll build. Thanks again for the info.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 August 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

The 9A1 has structure quirks on the STs, not armour quirks. So, in fact, its quirks are different from the other variants.

You're absolutely right. I didn't read the fine print lol. ><

#9 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:27 PM

View PostBraveInsanity, on 22 August 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

Thank you for swift replies everyone. Everything you've told me makes sense. I'm going to have to try the H.Gauss build. I've been messing around with this thing for two days trying different loadouts and I seem to have landed on the triple AC/10. Triple AC/20 is fun, but you're so freakin slow it's basically just a troll build. Thanks again for the info.

You're absolutely right. I didn't read the fine print lol. ><

You might try triple LBX10's they are great for wrecking Lights if you have issues hitting their legs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users