- - - - -

Patch Not Downloading?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Seregir Draike

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:44 PM

Trying to come back after a few years and the game just won't download for me. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post his but I literally can't start a thread anywhere else on the forums.

I downloaded the portal and it said it was downloading about 21 gigs of data. After it finished, it just does this all day - https://imgur.com/a/NBBHsxh

The download bar never fill, there is no indication of any data being downloaded. When I close the Portal and try again, I get the same results. Does anyone know what may be the issue?

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:23 PM

View PostSeregir Draike, on 21 August 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Trying to come back after a few years and the game just won't download for me. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post his but I literally can't start a thread anywhere else on the forums.

I downloaded the portal and it said it was downloading about 21 gigs of data. After it finished, it just does this all day - https://imgur.com/a/NBBHsxh

The download bar never fill, there is no indication of any data being downloaded. When I close the Portal and try again, I get the same results. Does anyone know what may be the issue?

Depending upon stuff, it could be several problems. A few off the top of my head:
- Firewall may be preventing MW:O from accessing the internet.
- Your operating system may be blocking MW:O from "making changes to your computer". Run it as administrator or check your operating system's settings.
- You may have an older version of the portal. Doesn't seem that way, but it is possible. Either delete MW:O from your computer completely and reinstall, or try the repair tool from the patcher/portal.

I'm sure others can chime in with more, but those are some preliminaries I can think of right now.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:12 AM

The Portal itself is rather problematic. If you have a Steam account, I strongly recommend downloading the game from Steam. You log in to the same account either way.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:15 AM

View PostSeregir Draike, on 21 August 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

With it being a few years, it is very likely that the portal itself is just too out of date. Depending on how many years, the 32 bit version was put to death some years back meaning only the 64 bit version works and not the split-option version that lets you select which to use.

Edit:
Assuming it's been only 2 years the total amount of hard drive space of patches you'd need to download is about as big as the game is anyway.
So it would literally be faster to redownload the entire game than to patch.

Edited by Koniving, 24 August 2019 - 07:31 AM.

#5 Smudge

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • 17 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

View PostHorseman, on 22 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

The Portal itself is rather problematic. If you have a Steam account, I strongly recommend downloading the game from Steam. You log in to the same account either way.

Thanks this worked for me, gonna have my first match in 3 years!
Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users