Pls Stop Using The Mic For Whining

General Gameplay

41 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Krieger

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:45 AM

During a match and even in the beginning of a match already complaining about the team is awful and distracting! STOP IT!

And even if you are already dead the Players that are still fighting have and want still to concentrate, no matter if you like what you see or not.

Type a text (that is what I do). That is by far not so distracting and stressing like it is to hear your voice on my headphone whining and complaing and crying like a Baby. And I dont want to mute everyone for all time....

Thx a lot!

#2 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:50 AM

No u

#3 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

Whining about your team is one of the finest traditions in online gaming, so no.

#4 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:23 AM

Agreed, you can rant and whine all you need, just don't push that button while you do it. Never understood why people have such an enormous need for others to hear their complaints.

I generally mute anyone that complains of comms, including unit members as there are a few Americans in my unit who can't seem to be able to play the game without holding down push to talk (or maybe they use voice activation) and letting out a constant stream of thought mixing rants and complaints with more or less useless comments. I've politely asked them several times if they can't just do it off comms but they get angry and so now I just routinely mute them on TS without saying anything.

Edited by Sjorpha, 24 August 2019 - 07:24 AM.

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:32 AM

No.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:08 AM

don't typ, text is a: easy to overlook (because the chat is poorly designed) and b: even easier to ignore.

use the mic, when you have actual info. That helps, even if you're dead.

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

I hate the ones that say hi at drop screen,go mute rest of match then suddenly go obi-wan-rager on mic once they die or the team losses. Maybe shut the f up the entire drop or use your half-brain cell to drop call the entire match.

Those types are just as bad as the one star commander which take company command give one order and rest of match nothing. Good job commander you did one command. Either have the balls to call the drop or don't and stfu the entire drop.

#8 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:28 AM

No point in drop calling soloQ.

The thing about drop calls is it only takes 2-3 ******** not listening and engaging in normal shitplay to screw over even basic calls.

#9 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

#1 pet peave are people whining over voip after they got themselves killed. I'm not sure how it's my fault you decided to solo charge into the entire enemy team, but I wish you would keep it to yourself.

Really though all you can do is block them and enjoy your newfound peace and serenity.

#10 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

Mute whiners or disable VOIP alltogether if thats too much to ask.
Also what does whining about whiners on the forum change?
Nothing, nobody gives a fock.
/Thread

#11 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

OP good point
I will do my best not to

#12 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

I wish people would actually use voice comms,

Most matches at certain times of the day are absolute silence. As much as I love the sound of my own voice, it would be nice if people chimed in ocassionally.

#13 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

My faves are the guys who die in the first minute, rage that no one saved them, and then DC with "Enjoy your loss, IDIOTS!" And then we win 12-2.

#14 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

Ill curse you out... change my mind

#15 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:13 PM

Nah, there's nothing better than distracting that guy hiding in a fresh assault behind a rock all game or the mouth breather running around in a stealth Flea protecting that ever so precious sub 1 kdr.

What I really wish we had though was a cheer or jeer system by which you could make the animated mech pilot do a fist pump or get him to lick the cockpit glass.

#16 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

Sees, priority target, calls and command wheel spots the Priority target, team ignores priority target, priority targets walks though blast away and kills half the team. Yea, I thinking I will chew out the team for being stupid.

Gives a simple suggestion, avoid the kill box in ____ location of the map, 80% of the team goes into the kill box and dies, yea going to chew out the team.

Spots Enemy light going after an assault, calls it out for a faster mech to engage, light kills assault before I can even get in good range in my heavy mech, sees our lights face tanking an Assault mech. Yea going to call out those f'wits.

Spots a Stealth armor sniper mech, and gives its grid ref, and mech chassis, moves to engage, before it before it becomes a problem, dies to multiple rear armor shots due to cross fire, calls out the mechs grid ref again, hopefully the lights will engage it. After he kills 2 more people someone else (who hasn't spoken all match) demands the sniper to be dealt with when there is only 4 people left, and 2 are slow assaults. Yea going to chew the team out for that.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:42 AM

almost every time i look at the scoreboard the whiney sob has the worst score of the match.

#18 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:02 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 August 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

almost every time i look at the scoreboard the whiney sob has the worst score of the match.

Yep thats been my observation as well
80% give or take

#19 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 August 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

I only open my mouth if I have the damage to do it.

I would honestly rather win where everyone on the team does 500 or under damage (like the match on Tourmaline with Homer the other day), than lose and do silly amounts of damage (1475 in an IV4 in a loss last week).

#20 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

View Postnoble S A V A G E, on 24 August 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

During a match and even in the beginning of a match already complaining about the team is awful and distracting! STOP IT!

And even if you are already dead the Players that are still fighting have and want still to concentrate, no matter if you like what you see or not.

Type a text (that is what I do).

All you do is type text that is complaining...

How is that any different to voice?

Pot and the Kettle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users