Clan Invasion Kickstarter Second Chance If You Missed

19 replies to this topic

#1 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

https://app.crowdox....h-clan-invasion

They've removed some of the first/second wave bonuses but adjusted the price to reflect that.
I don't even play TT but couldn't pass up the chance. They at least seem to be in touch with their fan base.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 27 August 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

They at least seem to be in touch with their fan base.

Maybe, but they've had issues delivering in the past. No matter where you go, this franchise never goes easy on it's fans.

Best of luck, hopefully everything goes smooth this time. I'd throw in, but there's no one to play with so all I'm really be buying is the books. And it's a lot of money just for the books, especially since I just threw 18 bucks down on Humble Bundle for mountainsmore material.

Hey, there's an idea - Do a Bundle, Catalyst! Pawn off all your old junk and I'll grab it.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

They at least seem to be in touch with their fan base.

OOOOOH SHOTS FIRED!!!

#4 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostBombast, on 27 August 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Maybe, but they've had issues delivering in the past. No matter where you go, this franchise never goes easy on it's fans.

Best of luck, hopefully everything goes smooth this time. I'd throw in, but there's no one to play with so all I'm really be buying is the books. And it's a lot of money just for the books, especially since I just threw 18 bucks down on Humble Bundle for mountainsmore material.

Hey, there's an idea - Do a Bundle, Catalyst! Pawn off all your old junk and I'll grab it.

Ya I watched a couple review videos on the miniatures themselves from their first set of this 'new' series. There were some fabrication issues with the miniatures and mold lines in weird awkward places on some of the models. I read that CGI went to an improved process for the new stuff.
There's some neat stuff in those packs tho. I just wanted to get a bunch of little miniatures so I can have my own micro-mech army (plus the elementals)

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

On a side note, I do felt some temptations to make a purchase despite not playing the board game, like maybe picking up one of those coins for display or something. That Urbanmech plushie better be available separately or I'm gonna...I'm gonna...um...write a strongly worded letter!

#6 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

I upgraded my package with my refund from here so there is that at least.

#7 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

They should really sell some model kits. I'm sure a large portion of the fan base would love to have a Atlas/Urbanmech/Mad Cat/Thor model kit that show the internals and the models are fully pose-able.

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:04 PM

I'll try to pick up a Thor, Loki & Nova Cat on eBay at some point, but the rest gets a pass from me.

#9 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

They've removed some of the first/second wave bonuses but adjusted the price to reflect that.
I don't even play TT but couldn't pass up the chance. They at least seem to be in touch with their fan base.

Funded in 7 minutes.. I guess that says all about the game..

I bet PGI can't top that..

#10 Spyco94

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

So what has been removed? Does the Star Command tier get the same things as the Kickstarter Star Command tier, minus all the digital stories?

#11 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostSpyco94, on 29 August 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

So what has been removed? Does the Star Command tier get the same things as the Kickstarter Star Command tier, minus all the digital stories?

Pretty much ya. All in all it's still a solid deal for someone that wants to get a bunch of cool battlemech swag + minatures etc.

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:23 PM

At a glance I may be wrong; I'll just post both links to the pages so you can discern for yourself. I would, but short on time atm.
Possibly not getting a legendary mechwarrior pack, or the urbanmech.

Original (wave 1&2 funding campaigns):
https://www.kickstar...h-clan-invasion

Crowdox (3rd final fund run):

#13 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 28 August 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

They should really sell some model kits. I'm sure a large portion of the fan base would love to have a Atlas/Urbanmech/Mad Cat/Thor model kit that show the internals and the models are fully pose-able.

This so much. Considering how much an Armorcast Timberwolf goes for....

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 28 August 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Funded in 7 minutes.. I guess that says all about the game..

I bet PGI can't top that..

If true, then lets be perfectly honest. The problem with MWO isn't that Battletech has a niche community..
Posted Image

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 28 August 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

Would love this.
Some Bandai High Grade level at least, Real/Master grade ideal.

You can find a Mad Cat model
Posted Image
But finding it not built... is gonna be expensive.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

Side note:
That model puts the Mad Cat at 11 something meters (not gonna redo the math at the moment) where the official scale (released later after a modification was necessary for MW2) puts it it at 12.6 meters.

Meanwhile, MWO's is somewhere in the 15-16 meter range.

I remember a note from MWO's concept art warning Alex to "beware the gundam"
Yet... PGI's insisted scales put MWO's mechs at gundam sizes and not BT sizes.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

View PostKoniving, on 09 February 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

(Completely random side note: While browsing issue 20... I saw a Mad Cat for sale in it, advertised as 13 inches tall and 1/35th scale. 13 * 35 is 455 inches, and that to meters is 11.557 meters in 1993's apparent scale. Though the scale as of 1996 was 12.6 meters tall. So mechs have been "scaling bigger" for some time...)

(We have a few 35 ton mechs in MWO significantly taller than both FASA-established scales of the MadCat.)

#18 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:44 PM

Damn I still don't have any money to spare on that...and no one to play it with but damn I want to spend money on that.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

Am looking for people to play megamek with. While it isn't quite the same as friends around the table it is easier on those of us that can't gather around a table for 4 to 8 hours on a whim.

Also easier to rig up more involved battles with fleeing civilians, police involvement, large battles and my new personal favorite -- battlemech wrestling under artillery fire in highway traffic. The accidents are fun to imagine. More so if it's a city highway rather than a countryside freeway.

Setting that up with ai took hours to have a setup that wouldn't crash. Tip: many ai players, not many units under a few players. And with a lot...turn off simultaneous turns. Not as satisfying but better than crashing.

#20 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

Battlemech wrestling under artillery fire...okay I have done stuff in my days but thats not one of them.
I had BT-DOTA, Arena fights where you pick up weapons lying around, BT-Unreal/Quake crossovers...one of the funniest thing that happend was a Gand Titan that picked up a doublespeed bonus running 8,12,0 and then chased a Locust that tried to bring the flag back to his base just to have a random drop of quad damage beeing dropped on the Locust. Turning his ML into a 20DMG beast ^_^
Also Zergrush against Battlemechs and a pretty nice Merc campaign. I remember a factory with different levels and we even put them in different rooms so when you walked up a ramp you had to take your stuff and go to the next room...often leading to people returning going "Nope, I don't go there, no!"

I still prefere people around a table, collecting kills, you had to sign the others players pilot card to confirm the kill to level pilots and then brag about it, good food and drinks.

We also put little crosses on the map with names where we killed someone.
That allways lead to people either going "Remeber that spot? That where you killed me last time...just saying....I keep an eye on you!" or "gosh how many people died there, I won't go there!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users