Night-Gyr - (Torso)Mobility

5 replies to this topic

#1 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:39 AM

Because of the %-nature of the yaw-speed skillnodes, the Gyr won't ever become very twitchy. That being said, you can reach 3 nodes on the right (correction: left) side with relative little investment. So it might be worth a try. In general, I'd consider it a mid-to-long-range mech, though.

Edit: corrected to left side. Geez, I always trip about right and left...

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 28 August 2019 - 10:36 PM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:47 PM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 28 August 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

Hey folks, got some questions regarding the skillpoint-distribution for some recently bought Night-Gyrs. While I kinda like the mech and his loadout capabilities so far, he feels like a stone in terms of torso mobility. Whenever I am forced into some brawling situation, it feels like I am sitting in a supersuperheavy-mech ... jump jets or not.

So is picking some / a lot of mobility-nodes recommended or do I just have to position myself better to make better use of the (long range)loadout?
Thanks in advance!

10% of nothing is nothing.

So no, mobilty nodes are a total and utter waste of time in every instance.

Firepower / Survival / Operations. That's where you invest for basically anything above a Med.

The Gyr has Assault level weapon capabilites and thus it handles like one. The Gyr is also not a brawl mech, so you should not be in brawl range. You need to 'kite', shoot & move. Maintain distance. Then it's not as much of a problem.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

Simply put, ignore mobility nodes on anything that isn't a light or fast medium (or I guess a fast heavy like the Linebacker, but those are few and far between)

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:27 PM

That is way way WAAAY to hot. You won't be able to sustain and you have no dissipaton with only 12 cDHS.

5 UAC2s is hot enough on it's own. Putting lasers is a no-no.

IE, ditch the lasers and add cDHS.

Or just do THIS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users