- - - - -

What Is Your Disconnect Message?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

I'm seeing two a game for the last couple of weeks.

Posted Image

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:45 PM

And, what measures have you taken?

#3 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:13 AM

I'm not PC savy but I've updated the all the drivers.

I'm honestly not up to checking the rest.

I know that my Graphics card is overwhelmed by the game. I doubt this PC can even play MW5.

[Partly, I'd like help figuring out my DC reasons. But really, I'd like to know what is happening to others. I've seen over a 100 DCs in the last couple of days. So it is PGI or is it us?

Edited by Mechwarrior 37, 03 September 2019 - 04:14 AM.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:38 AM

check your settings ingame, you can set D3D to DX9 instead of DX11. Might have a positive impact on your experience.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:36 PM

The hardware is unstable can be due to several things, the generic windows msg simply lists voltages.

Generate and post the top section of your dxdiag.

1. Open up case and clear out all built up dust, especially on heatsinks. Do not spin the fans.
2. Is anything overclocked? If not you may need to undervolt the GPU.
3. Depending on system, may troubleshoot by disabling Turbo Boost (layman's temporary overclock. This is usually done by increasing the BCLK/FSB itself (baseline frequency setting)
4. Memory errors (see above) and issue of not able to read specific DXD information.

The Base Clock or BCLK in a motherboard is the clock speed that drives a lot of things on the motherboard, from system RAM to the CPU, and also PCIE devices.

And if running Windows 10. Windows update by default will also update GPU and other drivers.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 September 2019 - 02:37 PM.

#6 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:55 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 03 September 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

The hardware is unstable can be due to several things, the generic windows msg simply lists voltages.

Generate and post the top section of your dxdiag.

1. Open up case and clear out all built up dust, especially on heatsinks. Do not spin the fans.
2. Is anything overclocked? If not you may need to undervolt the GPU.
3. Depending on system, may troubleshoot by disabling Turbo Boost (layman's temporary overclock. This is usually done by increasing the BCLK/FSB itself (baseline frequency setting)
4. Memory errors (see above) and issue of not able to read specific DXD information.

The Base Clock or BCLK in a motherboard is the clock speed that drives a lot of things on the motherboard, from system RAM to the CPU, and also PCIE devices.

And if running Windows 10. Windows update by default will also update GPU and other drivers.

I have no idea what you just said.....lol.

This morning I got a offical "we do not support your video card message". (GTX550i) And I have windows 7.

I do not see myself being able to get another PC so......I doubt I can even load MW5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users