Atm Nerf Imballance

101 replies to this topic

#21 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 04 September 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

OP light mechs; Still the least played, worst performing, lowest scoring class in the game.
ATMs; ridiculously strong right now. 3 ATM12 Skill Eagle pukes out 108 damage in the magic area, you can just about freely dunk on Assaults and heavies, or delete most Mediums and lights.
You couldn't be further from the reality of the game right now.
Lore values; They are bad. The board game is hideously imbalanced. You'll notice they threw most of them out for HBS Battletech. Board game rules/mechanics are also bad for an action game.
ATM 36 in that fashion will over heat even the best cooling systems. Only one mech the Hellfire has ATM heat reduction perk(that i know of). The only stronger ATM multi launch that wont over heat you rapidly is the ATM 27 (3x9s) if you see an ATM 48 bum rush it, he is toast in close, or hide, your option, take the beating or fight. But they run very very hot. Rarely do i see an ATM boat im riding in in have more than 1 cool shot.i use two max skilled and still start a match with over ride engaged. ATMs have a 2 HUGE weaknesses, the min and heat. learn that about them maybe you can fight em, or as i said, just hide like most.

Edited by Karnal Soul, 04 September 2019 - 12:05 PM.

#22 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:05 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Im not asking to reverse the nerf on optimal, im askin for a sense of balance,keep it 281m(with max skills) but balance that with 100m minimum. still losing optimal range, but its as i keep saying , a word not well known here, BALANCED.the V Eagles pop tarting is usually only doing just over 2 dmg maybe 2.5dmg from 400-500meters if it gets closer its toast. Ive used my V eagle like 2 times im an assault driver, i like the under dawg aka clan asssaults.

Clan assaults are not underdogs. Perhaps the issue isn't that ATMs aren't balanced, but that you're bad with ATMs? You state that you pull 1k damage games, but your stats indicate this happens once in a blue moon at best. I would suggest you re-evaluate the tactics that you're using, see what's getting you killed before you do significant damage, and adjust to counteract that behavior.

#23 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:11 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 04 September 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Clan assaults are not underdogs. Perhaps the issue isn't that ATMs aren't balanced, but that you're bad with ATMs? You state that you pull 1k damage games, but your stats indicate this happens once in a blue moon at best. I would suggest you re-evaluate the tactics that you're using, see what's getting you killed before you do significant damage, and adjust to counteract that behavior.
Read the rest of the posts, im not bad with em, my friends i sync with or group with love me having them https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png or they target me first even if on other side and im running my atm 27 build (best balanced build for them imo) They know if given time ill mess em up. Great support weapon but as ive said in other posts i avg 300-1k dmg games with kills and solos, but not always, sometimes its 50 dmg cuz some one had the balls to push me and not hide, or i sacrifice myself for a good team and push, while my team maneuvers while half the team focuses my scorch (non meta always). yeah i die, because im a team player. and yes i can back up those numbers. People are too focused on ME ME ME when it comes to a fight , when its the team that works together AS A TEAM that wins. ill gladly sacrifice myself for the TEAM win. Most older Gilandrians Ghosts will testify to that and Gypsy Gunslingers.

Edited by Karnal Soul, 04 September 2019 - 12:26 PM.

#24 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:28 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

You still lose Optimal over all period. I love the RAC 5, Hate the RAC 2 and i will never use more than on RAC 2, i guess its an integrity thing about not exploiting broken weapons systems. Yeah ATMs are strong. it IS the only truly strong Clan weapon imo. Unlike hte IS that gets like 8+ diff variations in weapons systems over clan which tend to be pretty damn strong. Yes its my prefered system. if theyd taken back the min to 100m hell even 110 id not made this post. need to now change there name to SRTMs......next the heat will increas by atleast 1pt, reload dropped atleast a second (though all have same reload time hmmm) and their spread will be nerfed again. I am not surprised at this. when i started using them, noone hardly did. after many 1k+ dmg games folks took notice, dangit haha. but im good with the opt nerf i can still do 1k games with my LBs combined. just be nice to see a true balance not utter nerf. im sure if they nerfed your preffered weapon system youd be unhappy about it too. they arent OP they are effective if used right. You live or die by them, get inside me ill be forced to use the other two weapons only. its tactics, which most in this game dont recognize either. as i said most just wanna hide let others take dmg or poke. ugh.....Guess its the agressive Ranger in me, but i like to attack not hide behind a wall or other mechs. Another reason i like ATMs. if i got a chickensht team i can use them for supression around corners or over hills. but i usually push and die then hahaha.

You're talking about integrity while using weapons you don't even need to aim. ATMs are not the only strong clan weapon. I play clan about 50% in FP and about 90% in QP, at least half the playstyles are stronger on the clan side, though overall the game is very balanced.

They nerfed my favorite weapon systems many times, in most cases much less deserved than any ATM nerf. If you want to play aggressively don't play atms, take srms, lbxs, dakka, pulse lasers, mrms, mgs, etc. ATMs are not meant to be used in an aggressive playstyle. Just need to use the right tool for the job.

#25 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 04 September 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

You're talking about integrity while using weapons you don't even need to aim. ATMs are not the only strong clan weapon. I play clan about 50% in FP and about 90% in QP, at least half the playstyles are stronger on the clan side, though overall the game is very balanced.

They nerfed my favorite weapon systems many times, in most cases much less deserved than any ATM nerf. If you want to play aggressively don't play atms, take srms, lbxs, dakka, pulse lasers, mrms, mgs, etc. ATMs are not meant to be used in an aggressive playstyle. Just need to use the right tool for the job.
i play usually within 300m or less when i can, i am ALWAYS in the front face to face. I do use some DAKA and my flamers (hey its a scorch) i mix my weapon systems up. Tried many ATM combos from a 48 (cook ya), ATM42, ATM39, ATM 36  to my favorite which is ATM 27(3x9s no ghost heat) 2x LB2s 2x flamers (its a scorch duh lol). Ive got the same build on save that the METAS ...... like to use(SRM 6 build with some LB daka and or ERMLs) prefer the 4x SRM4s artemis though for ROF, but i cant meta sorry. when i got a team thats gonads have crawled up inside, i can still do damage with the slight ark, until one side out potatos the other. but usually im trying to angle in for a push and distract so my team grows a pair. as ive probly posted 3 times now, i can mess crap up, or i get toasted, depends how chicken sh*t or agressive a team is. Thanks to those who are being constructive and not a troll btw.

Edited by Karnal Soul, 04 September 2019 - 12:41 PM.

#26 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

ATM 36 in that fashion will over heat even the best cooling systems.

No, it doesn't. Not anymore than any other "hot" meta build.

The only stronger ATM multi launch that wont over heat you rapidly is the ATM 27 (3x9s)

Oh, you mean the one with higher sustained DPS that still manages to puke out 81 damage with barely any effort from the user and doesn't have ghost heat and therefore lower exposure time?

if you see an ATM 48 bum rush it, he is toast in close, or hide, your option, take the beating or fight.

This is called getting zoned. The only mechs doing 4x12 are relatively slow; they are easy to zone unless you stay with the group. 4x12 pukes out an incredible 144 damage in the magic area; more than any other viable weapon combo or meta build in the game.

But they run very very hot.

Not really. Not really anymore so than doing 3x12 on the skill eagle.

Rarely do i see an ATM boat im riding in in have more than 1 cool shot.i use two max skilled and still start a match with over ride engaged.

These are "best practices." I'm glad you understand at least this much.

ATMs have a 2 HUGE weaknesses, the min and heat. learn that about them maybe you can fight em, or as i said, just hide like most.

Okay, play around that. I'm not even a top player, nor am I all that impressive, and I can average over 300 match score a game and above a 1.0 WLR. Well above the average.

Mech' Matches Played Wins Losses Ratio Kills Deaths Ratio Damage Done XP Earned Time ayed
VAPOR EAGLE VGL-3 250 180 67 2.69 275 121 2.27 121,580 383,671 1 day 06:54:52
I suggest you work on quantifying what "good" performance is.

Less than a 1.0 W/L ratio is not "good" performance. Performance isn't subjective.

Edited by Prototelis, 04 September 2019 - 02:30 PM.

#27 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:42 PM

so the laser vomits, 3x broken RAC 2s are ok, which push out the same dmg? give me a break.

#28 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:45 PM

What laser vomit build pukes out 144 damage in a single 2 and 2 combo?

Do you understand the difference between big alpha, DPS, and sustained DPS?

#29 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Folks dont say use a lighter mech, im a heavy to assault driver, me in a light mech ( i only own 2 now for DS tonnage rounding out). i like my assaults, me in a fast mech is like tossing a ping pong ball down a hallway. plus i think the light mechs are just op for the most part.yeah assaults are jsut glass cannons in this game but hell ill admit i got better control and i like the bigger mechs, ive been a Marauder of anykind fan since doing the table top in the 90s. so dont tell me to use lights or mediums please, those who know me know... it wont happen unless i do FP.

#30 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I avg 300-1k dmg games with usually a kill and some solos.

No. Why lie? We can see your stats. You may average 300 damage, but the rest is false. You're not getting anywhere close to 1000 damage with any regularity, and you don't get kills very often.

I cant be a META like most uncreative people"cough cough"

Why does every potato make this same lame argument?

Tell me: What is "the meta" currently? You say you can't be meta, so clearly you should be able to tell us what it is.

light mechs are too OP for me. i dont liek using broken mechs im an assault driver pure and simple.

Everything you say is delusional. When have you *ever* performed well in light mechs?

Im something you probly dont recognize, a team player,

Good grief, the arrogance and the ego! Everyone you're talking to is significantly better than you both solo and in team.

Lmao

#31 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

Screw atms. Last night in group qeue with five members dropping we saw constant atm9 tag spam. I went to the normal trifox and hardly went a match where I didn't break 250 missile minimal shot down carrying all the ams ammo I could fit on the fox with four ersmls as my only weapon. 20900 ams ammo.

After about two hours we just got sick of it and gave up for the night. I think out of all the matches we only won two.

#32 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Folks dont say use a lighter mech,

Light mechs are the hardest to play class in the game; Give them a whirl for a season.

You've only played 150 matches in light mechs, I 100% guarantee you're probably very, very bad at them.

-PS- (pun intended), ATMs are VERY meta right now. Execute or Prime yourself for failure.

Edited by Prototelis, 04 September 2019 - 12:50 PM.

#33 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 04 September 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

What laser vomit build pukes out 144 damage in a single 2 and 2 combo?
Do you understand the difference between big alpha, DPS, and sustained DPS?
ATM 27 is DPS based in my build, so are the LB 2s set for chain. yes i know DPS. why i like that build i dont cook so i canuse armour skills, stop assuming and get rid of the soap box please. the LB2s no dont do a bunch of dmg, but when youre in close ill use em hell ill use em when ever i can, close is my flamers for the laser vomit META wh*res. LOVE watching them shut down, makes me get that nice evil laught. will i die, probably but its a sick joy for me. I RARELY use ATM 48 , damn near never unless its LRM SPERM weekends at times. Then yeah paybakcs a {Dezgra} Posted Image. But its crap for DPS once the heat racks up. dont ask me what a dezgra is lmfao the page put it there instead of B*tch

Edited by Karnal Soul, 04 September 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#34 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

Karnal I've read through this thread and the flaws in your argument go beyond ATMs. It seems that you just have a very poor understanding of this game balance in general. If I were you, I'd be listening to those in this thread.

Edited by Tiy0s, 04 September 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#35 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

i play usually within 300m or less when i can, i am ALWAYS in the front face to face. I do use some DAKA and my flamers (hey its a scorch) i mix my weapon systems up. Tried many ATM combos from a 48 (cook ya), ATM42, ATM39, ATM 36 to my favorite which is ATM 27(3x9s no ghost heat) 2x LB2s 2x flamers (its a scorch duh lol). Ive got the same build on save that the METAS ...... like to use(SRM 6 build with some LB daka and or ERMLs) prefer the 4x SRM4s artemis though for ROF, but i cant meta sorry. when i got a team thats gonads have crawled up inside, i can still do damage with the slight ark, until one side out potatos the other. but usually im trying to angle in for a push and distract so my team grows a pair. as ive probly posted 3 times now, i can mess crap up, or i get toasted, depends how chicken sh*t or agressive a team is. Thanks to those who are being constructive and not a troll btw.

If you've got your mind set on stuffing ATM48 into an assault, you have to stagger fire them in 2s to not cook yourself. Though more agile mechs with jump jets are far superior for atm use.

You're choosing to use a weapon in a sub optimal mech in a sub optimal environment, and then you're not happy with it's performance.

You mentioned you were a ranger, what you're doing is like complaining your M24 should be better for clearing buildings, or that your M9 isn't effective at engaging targets at 500m.

#36 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

ATM 27 is DPS based in my build, so are the LB 2s set for chain. yes i know DPS. why i like that build i dont cook so i canuse armour skills, stop assuming and get rid of the soap box please. the LB2s no dont do a bunch of dmg, but when youre in close ill use em hell ill use em when ever i can, close is my flamers for the laser vomit META wh*res. LOVE watching them shut down, makes me get that nice evil laught. will i die, probably but its a sick joy for me. I RARELY use ATM 48 , damn near never unless its LRM SPERM weekends at times. Then yeah paybakcs a {Dezgra} Posted Image. But its crap for DPS once the heat racks up. dont ask me what a dezgra is lmfao the page put it there instead of B*tch

Okay, so tell me; Which one of these mechs has the higher Alpha, DPS, and sustained DPS?

https://mech.nav-alp...#e2ba8813_VGL-3

https://mech.nav-alp...1d7f5499_ANH-2A
Which one of these mechs weighs a little more than half of the other one and moves faster?

Edited by Prototelis, 04 September 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#37 Karnal Soul

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 04 September 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

Karnal I've read through this thread and the flaws in your argument go beyond ATMs. It seems that you just have a very poor understanding of this game balance in general. If I were you, I'd be listening to those in this thread.
I read them all if i missed one i dont mind being reminded im not ego driven bud. Seems most pick out what they wantin my posts and troll it though. i get it, folks hate the dmg out put of ATMs, and yes folks abuse it with 48s. but 48s make me giggle when i see them. UAV and focus fire em, they will shut down hide or go boom. Im not seeing tactical talk AT ALL. RANGE is part of tactics and effectiveness. keep the nerf, cool it dont hurt me much at all, i like it face to face. but ive always thought the min was a lil long, to me 100 would be good even 110, where most my combat seems to end up even if they dont know the min of my weapons. Some the posts arent on this point they just say im sucking with them(wish i was omnicient knowing how all do), i dont suck with them lol as i said i can back that up not with just saved end game stats but with people ive fought with. SOLO kills count to me not Kill secures. just be nice if they didnt carpet nerf things.

View PostPrototelis, on 04 September 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Okay, so tell me; Which one of these mechs has the higher Alpha, DPS, and sustained DPS?

https://mech.nav-alp...#e2ba8813_VGL-3

https://mech.nav-alp...1d7f5499_ANH-2A
Which one of these mechs weighs a little more than half of the other one and moves faster?
ok DPS nerd, honest answer here, im not going to waste time and look, because honestly i dont give a rats ***, bring more troll crap please it gives me something to laugh at.

#38 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I avg 300-1k dmg games with usually a kill and some solos. I cant be a META like most uncreative people"cough cough" light mechs are too OP for me. i dont liek using broken mechs im an assault driver pure and simple. Im something you probly dont recognize, a team player, ill sacrifice myself for a team if i think it will help. if i do 50 dmg and we win cuz i turned 5+ mechs on me while the team maneuvers, ill die happy and proud.

Please take a minute and step back, take a breath and consider that top guys out there have really strong survival rates, wlr, kdr and usually the high avg ms to go with all that.

There are certainly times when an assault may not put out huge numbers, but tank well and do a great job helping out the team. However what you are describing, tying up five mechs and putting out 50 damage is generally not going to fall within that scenario. You'd be dead too quick for that to be a win.

ATMs inherently due to their dead zone and that they require user to get locks are not a front line weapon of choice. Scorches, Supernova's and others are best used second line running ATMs. Think of it this way, if you stay close by your team and keep them in your dead zone, chances are you are protecting your dead zone.

The anti meta stuff is just blah. I play meta only in the sense I use effective builds. I have very few mechs that strictly adhere to Grimmechs and a couple that do are just because they end up that way as the best way to build them can be sort of limited (Grinner as an example). ATM Scorches aren't new either. Same kind of advantage with the way the launchers are laid out as the Supernova and as a bonus you can make it go faster. My point really is that playing meta helps people understand and appreciate strong effective builds, giving them a foundation to build mechs properly and branch out. Hating meta and just doing whatever generally leads to bad wlr, kdr and such.

#39 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

I read them all if i missed one i dont mind being reminded im not ego driven bud.

You're the one going on about your performance and using to justify what is clearly a subjective opinion.

Your performance is objective.
Mech/loadout performance is objective.

Do you know what the difference between subjective and objective is?

SOLO kills count to me not Kill secures. just be nice if they didnt carpet nerf things.

You don't get a lot of either of those things.

ok DPS nerd, honest answer here, im not going to waste time and look, because honestly i dont give a rats ***, bring more troll crap please it gives me something to laugh at.

lol no, why would you be interested in objective math in hard numbers? How silly of me for once again trying to turn a bad thread around into a teachable moment.

Edited by Prototelis, 04 September 2019 - 01:12 PM.

#40 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:12 PM

View PostKarnal Soul, on 04 September 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

I read them all if i missed one i dont mind being reminded im not ego driven bud. Seems most pick out what they wantin my posts and troll it though. i get it, folks hate the dmg out put of ATMs, and yes folks abuse it with 48s. but 48s make me giggle when i see them. UAV and focus fire em, they will shut down hide or go boom. Im not seeing tactical talk AT ALL. RANGE is part of tactics and effectiveness. keep the nerf, cool it dont hurt me much at all, i like it face to face. but ive always thought the min was a lil long, to me 100 would be good even 110, where most my combat seems to end up even if they dont know the min of my weapons. Some the posts arent on this point they just say im sucking with them(wish i was omnicient knowing how all do), i dont suck with them lol as i said i can back that up not with just saved end game stats but with people ive fought with. SOLO kills count to me not Kill secures. just be nice if they didnt carpet nerf things.

Well I tried. Unfortunately, it seems you do not want to engage in a conversation, you want people to reaffirm your opinions as to why you're right. So in reality, your thread was doomed from the start simply because you don't want to engage others with the courtesy and respect they tried giving you. See you on the battlefield.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users