12 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:36 AM

I returned to MWO last week after a break of almost 4 years, and not only have I loved gameplay I couldn't think of a better way to re-familiarize myself with the game than the Seven Sins Event!

Chasing around after every achievement got me to saddle-up in 6 different Machines and all the various variants and earn free stuff!

And how great was it to find piles of GSP and new trees waiting for me? amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

So which of the Sins has been your favorite or funnest to complete? how many do you have left to get?

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:59 AM

I'm quite enjoyed Wrath. It's a bit of mental gymnastics with the hit-and-run:

I find there's a small window between "disengaging long enough to score a hit-and-run" and "disengaging for so long it feels like I'm hiding behind a rock". 90% of the time I find myself re-engaging before the reward triggers because taking cover when there's open targets to shoot and teammates to support is not my style.

I've found it much easier in a light, when you're harassing and backstabbing the enemy those long disengagement times are necessary for reposistioning in order to avoid being spotted and taken out.

#3 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:41 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 22 May 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

I'm quite enjoyed Wrath. It's a bit of mental gymnastics with the hit-and-run:

I find there's a small window between "disengaging long enough to score a hit-and-run" and "disengaging for so long it feels like I'm hiding behind a rock". 90% of the time I find myself re-engaging before the reward triggers because taking cover when there's open targets to shoot and teammates to support is not my style.

I've found it much easier in a light, when you're harassing and backstabbing the enemy those long disengagement times are necessary for reposistioning in order to avoid being spotted and taken out.

That's the one I'm working on right now, 16 out of 20, and you described it perfectly man! I tend to run into trouble when I just can't resist shooting just a few more times, lol.

#4 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:51 AM

Envy just for the eyes ;)

#5 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:12 PM

If I were still playing, it would be sloth. But I'm just too lazy to reload a game wherein a casual solo pug like me gets roflstomped by competitive premade farm teams...

#6 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:25 PM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 22 May 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

If I were still playing, it would be sloth. But I'm just too lazy

I see what you did there.

#7 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

If I were still playing, it would be sloth. But I'm just too lazy to reload a game wherein a casual solo pug like me gets roflstomped by competitive premade farm teams...

Dude you should! it's great, I've been cranking out quick-play matches since last week and having an absolute blast. The skill sets wake up pretty quick and all the new Mechs and Weapons really add to the experience. Seriously, give it a shot!

FYI finished my wrath and loving the new colors as well, working on Gluttony right now, components beware!!!!

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

idk this combined teams+solos is nothing compared to ye olde golden days of fp. back when you got longed tommed for trying to pug fight kcom, ms, evil, or whoever was dominating at the time. but at least you could get a game in under 20 minutes.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 May 2020 - 08:52 PM.

#9 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

gluttony

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by thievingmagpi, 23 May 2020 - 12:53 PM.

#10 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

That sandwich looks like it wants to eat You.

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 23 May 2020 - 02:24 PM.

#11 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Going too have to agree gluttony mmmm Jameson and jerky my two favorite MWO snacks

#12 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

lol! Working on Gluttony myself!

#13 Rex Matador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:34 AM

Down to Greed. 100 kills? greedy indeed! Another 8 and I'll be fully sevenly sinful :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users