126 replies to this topic

#101 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:08 PM

View PostTVMA Doc, on 19 September 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

No, I think that it's more of a factor of not wanting to wait an hour for a match.

with the bulk of the player base content to run around in circles its no wonder no one shows up for fp.

#102 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

Maybe coz running in circles is better than watching a spinny thing for ages

And guys having problems with NASCAR just bring a faster mech rather than quit.

Assault Kodiak does 67kph with quad UAC10/LBx10 for example, dats 100 Tonner

Plus

Look down at that mini map every 30 seconds, it will tell you when you need to move before your eyes can many times.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 20 September 2019 - 10:46 PM.

#103 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:32 AM

Telling them to play the Kodiak is sure to make them quit.

#104 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:33 AM

Being a Veteran of online play, I can confirm that scouting ahead and causing chaos, while not dying, is a very viable tactic. Playing Camping Mechs 2019 is extremely boring. Live a little Mech bros.

#105 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:41 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 14 September 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliment!
It's really not hard to break 600-1k if you just put some effort and take some really effective builds!

I would do that with a Jenner in the prime of MWO. First I would scout, cause confusion, come back to my team, and then have 600+ games.

#106 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:26 AM

View PostNightbird, on 18 September 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you don't want Nascar play FP. What do you expect from a bunch of people that can't graduate from the game tutorial that is QP.

FP aint an alternative.

In QP you will get weak cannonfodde teams that melt after 2 minutes due to stretching and such, but that only lasts....for 2 - 5 mins. In FP I got cannonfodder teams that were down 5 plus mechs after a few minutes and had no hope to ever come back, mostly cause they lost another 5 mechs by walking into an entrechened team red with a fire line.

Nobody enjoys loosing badly with no hope to come back for 30 mins.

Killed the mode for me after maybe 15 matches.

I quit and never played another FP match. Its just way too imba. QP is a much more fun experience. Nascar is also not so bad because if you dont play weak and überslow mechs that cant disengage you can do serious dmg, get good kills and stats even if your team looses. In FP I was constantly trading vs many mechs and team around you just walks into them and melts instantly one by one only to spawn and to then, once again, suicide one by one into an entrenched fire line.

And then youre outnumbered for 30 straight minutes. I have no idea how even one single person could ever enjoy getting hammered brutally for 30 mins, completly outnumbered for 30 mins. Killed the mode for me in such a way, that I never went back.

The nascar meta would change if ppl would adapt, but they stoically run around individually in ultra slow mechs and are easy targets that you can just farm. At least that is a bit of fun.

Edited by LowSubmarino, 21 September 2019 - 04:27 AM.

#107 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 21 September 2019 - 04:26 AM, said:

FP aint an alternative.

In QP you will get weak cannonfodde teams that melt after 2 minutes due to stretching and such, but that only lasts....for 2 - 5 mins. In FP I got cannonfodder teams that were down 5 plus mechs after a few minutes and had no hope to ever come back, mostly cause they lost another 5 mechs by walking into an entrechened team red with a fire line.

Nobody enjoys loosing badly with no hope to come back for 30 mins.

Killed the mode for me after maybe 15 matches.

I quit and never played another FP match. Its just way too imba. QP is a much more fun experience. Nascar is also not so bad because if you dont play weak and überslow mechs that cant disengage you can do serious dmg, get good kills and stats even if your team looses. In FP I was constantly trading vs many mechs and team around you just walks into them and melts instantly one by one only to spawn and to then, once again, suicide one by one into an entrenched fire line.

And then youre outnumbered for 30 straight minutes. I have no idea how even one single person could ever enjoy getting hammered brutally for 30 mins, completly outnumbered for 30 mins. Killed the mode for me in such a way, that I never went back.

The nascar meta would change if ppl would adapt, but they stoically run around individually in ultra slow mechs and are easy targets that you can just farm. At least that is a bit of fun.

Yes, but that is because you didn't pick your teammates. That's step 1 for playing FP, step 2 is having a lot more fun than QP.

#108 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:49 PM

Where did it say I have to pick my team mates.

The game said no such thing.

#109 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:02 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 September 2019 - 03:32 AM, said:

Telling them to play the Kodiak is sure to make them quit.

Its may not spread damage like a Madcat II but its a faster 100Tonner, sure to help some with nascar issues

With the armour of a 100 Tonner and high mounts for those who can use them

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 21 September 2019 - 09:03 PM.

#110 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:05 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 21 September 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

I would do that with a Jenner in the prime of MWO. First I would scout, cause confusion, come back to my team, and then have 600+ games.

Keep it up! Try that with the jenner now!

View PostKubernetes, on 12 September 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Why think?

This is why. I literally just had to sit outside and make a nest for myself and just regurgitate AC2s onto the victims.
They ran in circles like mindless zombies and I just turned the game around from them doing so!
Posted Image

#111 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:42 AM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 21 September 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Where did it say I have to pick my team mates.

The game said no such thing.

You form groups and then deploy. The game has a Friend's List for a reason and also there are many top players who do FW and are willing to take you into the team.

#112 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 21 September 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

Being a Veteran of online play, I can confirm that scouting ahead and causing chaos, while not dying, is a very viable tactic. Playing Camping Mechs 2019 is extremely boring. Live a little Mech bros.

If the bulk of the team does nothing but run about then it isn't 'scouting ahead'

#113 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:23 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 22 September 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

You form groups and then deploy. The game has a Friend's List for a reason and also there are many top players who do FW and are willing to take you into the team.

Nonsense.

The game never told me that.

I joined as a solo player because the game has that option and was placed in utter noob teams. The game never said anywhere that I will fight at a massive disadvantage because I will be placed in cannonfodder teams that run single file into entire units and their firing line. Thats not my fault. Dont make it sound as if that was my fault on any level. The friggin game had the option for me to join. So I did, and the MM, if there ever was one in FP, gave me a bunch of toddlers as a team. Thats not my fault.

Dwl, and why should I join a pathetic unit. U mean one of those units that actually camped those toddlers spawn points to get truely cheap kills? haha....you mean those 'mwo groups'?

How pathetic is that.

They no real gamers. They just pathetic. Id never play with such losers.

#114 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 22 September 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Nonsense.

I joined as a solo player because the game has that option and was placed in utter noob teams. The game never said anywhere that I will fight at a massive disadvantage because I will be placed in cannonfodder teams that run single file into entire units and their firing line. Thats not my fault. Dont make it sound as if that was my fault on any level. The friggin game had the option for me to join. So I did, and the MM, if there ever was one in FP, gave me a bunch of toddlers as a team. Thats not my fault.

Dwl, and why should I join a pathetic unit. U mean one of those units that actually camped those toddlers spawn points to get truely cheap kills? haha....you mean those 'mwo groups'?

How pathetic is that.

The Faction Play page tells you that this mode is for experienced players and so on and that it is a group oriented mode. But suit yourself.

#115 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:21 AM

Nonsense.

How pathetic is that.

The FP pop-up you get first time joining does tell you that it's a unit oriented mode with no matchmaker.

When 2 strong groups/units meet in Faction play it is the best gameplay MWO has to offer besides competitive leagues like mrbc. In unbalanced games you get stomps and weak teams pushed back towards the spawn, but it only takes a half decent group to avoid ever being in that situation. It's not the fault of the stronger team that the weaker team doesn't put up a fight, the solution is for as many players as possible to join groups so we can have good matches.

Haters gonna hate, but you're missing out on the best part of the game.

#116 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:13 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 20 September 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Maybe coz running in circles is better than watching a spinny thing for ages

And guys having problems with NASCAR just bring a faster mech rather than quit.

Assault Kodiak does 67kph with quad UAC10/LBx10 for example, dats 100 Tonner

MCII with a bit of speed tweak -75kph. I may not be great in it, but it's a lot less frustrating then trying to get a dire whale positioned.

#117 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:32 AM

Nonsense.

How pathetic is that.

Let me get this straight. You wont play solo because your team is noobs, and you wont team up because then your team is loosers that beat noobs?......please stay in qp and do laps, you surely are a "real gamer", thank you

#118 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:58 AM

Whole point of a game is to learn how to play and win, guess you don't want the win part.

#119 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:48 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 22 September 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

The Faction Play page tells you that this mode is for experienced players and so on and that it is a group oriented mode. But suit yourself.

i saw that.

But that does not imply that you will be put into a match where an organized unit drops vs a whole team of individual, tier x - 1 players.

'Unit oriented' does not warn any player that you will be put into a team of complete übernoobs to face an organized team that then even camps your spawning point.

I was expecting that the organized teams/units or smaller organized and communicating teams will at least be balanced in both teams. Instead, it was so imba that naturally, FP lost appeal for the vast majority of players.

Of course and naturally, you whiteknighting hardcore fanboys even defend such bizarre and totally imprecise descriptions and practices.

YOu actually defend a the way a mode was created and organized which ultimately lead to a complete turn away from FP haha. Thats acutally kinda funny.

Nothing you write here convinced me that the game actualy tells you:

'joining this mode as a solo player will put you at severe disadvantages and you will most likely get dominated for 30 mins'.

Uni oriented my *** haha.

What kind of arguments do you bring.

Any half braindead lawyer would dismantle your utterly weak argumentation.

Thats really kinda pathetic.

You suit yourself.

What i say makes a whole lot more sense, that FP was a massive failure, precisely because most players are not in units or at least play solo most of the time

Creating a mode that only hints that it might be beneficial to play in a unit, to then stoically ignore that the vast majority plays solo and put those players into matches vs hardcore units that actually camp spawns haha omg.

Listen to yourselfs.

Edited by LowSubmarino, 23 September 2019 - 06:50 AM.

#120 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:08 AM

You enter in a game as a newbie, get dominated, learn, and eventually win. QP was the tutorial, welcome to level 1.

Sorry if it's too hard, good thing MW5 is around the corner for shooting bots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users