4 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:25 AM

Should PGI start making previously "Not-for-sale" stuff available for sale now? I'm talking about Special camo patterns, Special Mechs, Loyalty mechs, etc.,

#2 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

Go ahead.
I don't mind if Phoenix Project mechs which I own went for sale. I have the PCgamer camo and I think PGI should create a skin option for every mech available and have PC gamer debut MW5 in their magazine.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly think Sarah's Jenner name should be changed to Cancer Slayer or Child's Pride and should still be sold with 100% of the money for cancer research. A lot of people have said "No you should only give money out of kindness and not for something in return" but it's a bunch of skewered nonsense to say that if you ask me. If the Cancer Slayer variant was sold I'm sure people would drop in 10 dollars for it, even when they wouldn't use it and it goes one of two ways. If they bought it only for the sake of the boost then that's perfectly fine, because 100% of that money is going to help some children who do not have a chance and If people bought it just to help, then I am sure they can always feel proud of helping out some kids. I just hope that the money actually goes to helping the kids instead of being a way to make a quick buck from helpful people.

Edited by Armored Yokai, 10 September 2019 - 07:01 AM.

#3 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 September 2019 - 06:25 AM, said:

Should PGI start making previously "Not-for-sale" stuff available for sale now? I'm talking about Special camo patterns, Special Mechs, Loyalty mechs, etc.,

Things like Project Phoenix, and Founders Mechs, no.... these were advertised (and sold) as timed exclusives.

What I would like to see is the TSP and MechCon Attendee pack contents available in store. If we were still getting MechCons I'd be for keeping them locked but like loyalty mechs they should have been released as timed exclusives. There's some good content in those packs but but even those of us who brought them were limited to single items.

#4 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

I echo Von in that Founders,Phoenix and mechs like the hbk-gi limited edition that were marketed and sold as time limited/now-or-never should remain that way. I also voted against pgi reselling them when they did a poll for such. If everyone could buy a founder mech,c-bill bonus and skin the founder mech would just be another meh worthless mech and variant despite having the exact load out and hard points as the normal cptl-c1.

Frankly new or attempts to re-sell special mechs will do nothing for mwo. What mwo needs above all esle is more maps that do not have a central feature to nascar around. Big asymmetrical designs,better spawn points that don't spawn the slowest mechs in the game farthest from any thing or friendly mechs.

If pgi is going to add in a new mech it had better do something my other mechs can't do or do better or else there is no point in me even thinking of buying a mech. Russ has already told us mech packs do not bring in (enough if any) money to keep mwo running. Why would you even think reselling older ones would help mwo at this point?

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 10 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Why would you even think reselling older ones would help mwo at this point?
Least effort required. I wouldn't be surprised if they start recycling them in some form anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users