13 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

All throughout October. Make it relevant to FW. And possibly 200 or 250 MS per loot bag and NOT LIMITED TO 1 LOOTBAG PER MATCH (so that people can earn loot bags faster since FW games take a long time (400 MS in one game and 350 MS in another can still earn 3 Loot Bags instead of 2).

1. Make sure it's Siege or relevant FW content and maps so that people can experience something fresh and positive.
2. Nice conflicts issues. Maybe someone here can come up with a Battle that took place in October for you to work on. Put all the IS and Clan factions into war.
3. Add Scouting and regular FW mode for the whole month side-by-side
4. Advertise this on your Twitter page and what-not at least 1 week before the start of this event. Put this up on the EGS as well. (I know new players can't do FW yet but at least they'll check the game out; maybe not a good idea, this one, given the state of affairs Posted Image But try something nonetheless )
5. Offer a Champion Mech of choice and a camo pattern unlock as usual at 150 and 175 loot bags respectively. Combine this with a mech pack or a dropship sale again or something and give 25 bonus loot bag for those who bought something from the store. Maybe even Bonus MC sale with bonus rewards like before (Cockpit items at low tier and higher tiers with better Heroes or something like Cougar Hero and the like)

Do eet, PGI! Plan now and let's have that "Year of the FW" at least for a month.

P.S. Add your suggestions here.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:32 PM

i dont expect anything. honestly i dont think theres much of anything else i want in this game so stacking mc is merely a compulsion for me at this point.

i kind of want to finish the merc tree before the game goes tango uniform, and for the same reason (massive wad of mc and cbills that i dont need), but fp is usually dead when i play.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 September 2019 - 08:33 PM.

#3 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 11 September 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

All throughout October. Make it relevant to FW. And possibly 200 or 250 MS per loot bag and NOT LIMITED TO 1 LOOTBAG PER MATCH (so that people can earn loot bags faster since FW games take a long time (400 MS in one game and 350 MS in another can still earn 3 Loot Bags instead of 2).

1. Make sure it's Siege or relevant FW content and maps so that people can experience something fresh and positive.
2. Nice conflicts issues. Maybe someone here can come up with a Battle that took place in October for you to work on. Put all the IS and Clan factions into war.
3. Add Scouting and regular FW mode for the whole month side-by-side
4. Advertise this on your Twitter page and what-not at least 1 week before the start of this event. Put this up on the EGS as well. (I know new players can't do FW yet but at least they'll check the game out; maybe not a good idea, this one, given the state of affairs Posted Image But try something nonetheless )
5. Offer a Champion Mech of choice and a camo pattern unlock as usual at 150 and 175 loot bags respectively. Combine this with a mech pack or a dropship sale again or something and give 25 bonus loot bag for those who bought something from the store. Maybe even Bonus MC sale with bonus rewards like before (Cockpit items at low tier and higher tiers with better Heroes or something like Cougar Hero and the like)

Do eet, PGI! Plan now and let's have that "Year of the FW" at least for a month.

P.S. Add your suggestions here.

I don't like this idea, I don't play Faction Play therefore there should not be loot bags for playing Faction Play... Sounds stupid huh, so is trying to convince PGI to force Group Play on players who play Quick Play :)

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:08 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 11 September 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

I don't like this idea, I don't play Faction Play therefore there should not be loot bags for playing Faction Play... Sounds stupid huh, so is trying to convince PGI to force Group Play on players who play Quick Play Posted Image

I don't or I should say, "haven't" played FW. But it is the mode to play. Surely NASCAR queue is tiring and it'll get worse during events anyway. FW with different game modes and maps would be helpful. It might also bring back some of the older units just for the event.

Edit:- If people are hesitant about spending a lot of time per game in FW, then reduce the MS requirement to 150 per loot bag.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 11 September 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 11 September 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

I don't or I should say, "haven't" played FW. But it is the mode to play. Surely NASCAR queue is tiring and it'll get worse during events anyway. FW with different game modes and maps would be helpful. It might also bring back some of the older units just for the event.

Edit:- If people are hesitant about spending a lot of time per game in FW, then reduce the MS requirement to 150 per loot bag.

What older units? Warpigs for example was in its prime with around 200 or so active members for about two years dropping nightly then disbanded over time as pgi made unwanted and bad cw changes. An attempt was made to reform the unit with just only 13 active members myself the 14th.

I could probably get through most of the hobbit movies before getting an cw drop. Or half a season of gumball as it's only 11:30 long or a lot of classic 7:30 loony tunes.

#6 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:43 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 12 September 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

What older units? Warpigs for example was in its prime with around 200 or so active members for about two years dropping nightly then disbanded over time as pgi made unwanted and bad cw changes. An attempt was made to reform the unit with just only 13 active members myself the 14th.

I could probably get through most of the hobbit movies before getting an cw drop. Or half a season of gumball as it's only 11:30 long or a lot of classic 7:30 loony tunes.

Which is why I'm suggesting to make FW-based Loot Bag event. Then, everybody would play FW. I don't see what the problem here is. Do you want Loot Bag event to be QP centric and then say "FW is dead"?

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

Bump for FW October event.

#8 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 September 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

Which is why I'm suggesting to make FW-based Loot Bag event. Then, everybody would play FW. I don't see what the problem here is. Do you want Loot Bag event to be QP centric and then say "FW is dead"?

I want fw to be more than just rng lootbag bribes but fw is dead and done to me. FW needs more things that I can list and I'm not spending my day off data minning the fourms for ideas and things that could have improved fw since 2016. Leave that to the underpaied "experience for resume" interns pgi has.

#9 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

CW lootbags are still better than nothing Posted Image

But IMO, PGI should also have perpetual weekly rewards for playing CW. You know, how in MMORPG you get weekly missions to participate in group finder to do group activities...

So why not have looped weekly "challenge" : play X CW games this week and accumulate Y match score, get Z MC and W GSP, or something.

P.S. Then, i really want the Battle of Tukayyid. The only thing that can return retired CW players back, IMO. If it isn't too late even for this "nuclear weapon" of the events.

But again, Halloween CW lootbags would be a start.. The Year of Faction Play, my ***.

#10 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

-Pug Seige
-Fun

Pick one.

#11 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 September 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

Just like every one plays Solaris when there are Solaris events on right?

Doesn't matter how you dress a corpse, it's still dead. No event payout is going to make me take the time to make a FW drop deck, to wait hours for a match to get my arse handed to me by a 12 man group and fail to make the criteria for the reward anyhow. Definitely.not doing that for a loot back with 10MC in it.

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostBombast, on 15 September 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

-Pug Seige
-Fun

Pick one.

Since you can create pre-made groups, doing anything with friends is fun, even watching paint dry. So....

View Postcrazytimes, on 15 September 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Just like every one plays Solaris when there are Solaris events on right?

Doesn't matter how you dress a corpse, it's still dead. No event payout is going to make me take the time to make a FW drop deck, to wait hours for a match to get my arse handed to me by a 12 man group and fail to make the criteria for the reward anyhow. Definitely.not doing that for a loot back with 10MC in it.

Ok, well, no one's forcing you to play FW then, are they? Just like Solaris. No one's forcing you to play even when the rewards are offered. Besides, getting 200 MS is easy enough, I think. If not, reduce it to 150 MS per loot bag and not limited to one per match.

Your assertion of 10MC is also selective truth 'cause at the end of the Loot Bag events, people would've earned close to 1000MC, several days worth of PT (maybe even close to 2 weeks' worth), many Cockpit items, several million C-bills and then there's the grand reward.

#13 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 September 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

Ok, well, no one's forcing you to play FW then, are they? Just like Solaris. No one's forcing you to play even when the rewards are offered. Besides, getting 200 MS is easy enough, I think. If not, reduce it to 150 MS per loot bag and not limited to one per match.

Yeah no one is forcing anyone. So no one is. You're the one complaining about getting people in there.

Your assertion of 10MC is also selective truth 'cause at the end of the Loot Bag events, people would've earned close to 1000MC, several days worth of PT (maybe even close to 2 weeks' worth), many Cockpit items, several million C-bills and then there's the grand reward.

Yeah, which I can get 100 loot bags in 100 6 minute games of QP. Or less when the loot bags overlap. Or I could wait hours for a single FW match and get... no loot bag because my team got axed 48:0 by a 12 man comp team. And there goes my entire game playing time for a night. Yay.

I can't imagine why they don't do more FW events...

Edited by crazytimes, 15 September 2019 - 06:54 PM.

#14 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 15 September 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Yeah no one is forcing anyone. So no one is. You're the one complaining about getting people in there.

Yeah, which I can get 100 loot bags in 100 6 minute games of QP. Or less when the loot bags overlap. Or I could wait hours for a single FW match and get... no loot bag because my team got axed 48:0 by a 12 man comp team. And there goes my entire game playing time for a night. Yay.

I can't imagine why they don't do more FW events...

I'm complaining 'cause the game's end-game content lacks interest and at least events should be made with FW in mind. I hope that's clear.

If the rewards are good and centred around FW, more people will play FW. If you don't want Loot Bags, then just play QP while others earn Loot Bags from FW. I don't understand what you're complaining about. You DON'T want to play a certain mode but you want the rewards?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users