24 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:35 AM

Except for the Siege phase today, 50% of all of my FP matches have been Conquest this week. Many people dislike this mode, including myself, but right now FP is Conquest-Warrior Online. Just way, way, way too much of this mode.

Whoever is designing the events at PGI, please reduce the occurrence of Conquest dramatically, or better yet, remove it until the ticket victory condition is increased.

Really Faction Play should be Siege and Skirmish anyway. People who like that style of play that Conquest offers, there is Quick Play for them. They can avoid Siege if that's not their thing. FP players cannot avoid Conquest right now and it sucks.

#2 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

Good idea on the ticket count increase. Careful they might ban you for making another post complaining about Conquest. happened me.

#3 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 12 September 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

Good idea on the ticket count increase. Careful they might ban you for making another post complaining about Conquest. happened me.

Really?!? Just voicing an opinion to improve the game and FP experience.

#4 Stephen J Daniel

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:30 PM

I agree about conquest mode. Should only be a Quick play mode. At least not in Faction Play. I have to wait up to 30 minutes sometimes to get a faction play match just to be shorted on game time with conquest. But I can only kindly ask and hope that it changes.

#5 M U R D O C K

Rookie

• Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:30 PM

you totally right, dude
seems like the developers want to loose the rest of playerbase by purpose,
we complained about too much conquest mode for half a year right now, but it´s comming back like this
not funny PGI, sry

#6 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

UPDATE: we're the only Clan group and there has been 4 Conquests in a row and that's 4 of the 6 matches are Conquest.

#7 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:30 PM

*it's the universes' way of saying premades should not queue on the defence side for siege against PUG groups ;)

seriously though c'mon guys it's not all bad, after those many, many straight conquest games there were many, many, (too) many more, but it's ok because every few hours we got an incursion game in... *facepalm*

maybe if PGI bring back VIP and just remove all maps except polar highlands?
maybe if they have more quickplay events?
maybe if they... i'm lost for stupid ideas and at a loss for words, PGI has heard it all before.

*they 'fixed' the website in case you would you like to buy a mech pack more suitable for quickplay, I mean conquest :)

#8 L057FUNC710N

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:32 PM

I don't mind conquest in faction play, but as suggested it comes up way too often and because the ticket count is so low it simply isn't worth it.

#9 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:36 PM

I like conquest in fp, you have to watch 2 things, kills and caps, so you are able to cap out a better Team. But as said a billion times before, increase timer please.

And yesterday i played 4 games 2 conquest and 2 Domination, no siege :(

#10 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:05 PM

- Siege must be at least 70% of FP. Faction Play is Siege in main. I nearly year don't see Siege mode (yeah I'm so lucky to catch it), and it really give any fun. FP play must be based on activities with connected to defending something or protecting or assaulting. Like - big map - 3 targets and capturing one of them give point. Which team capture all or have more points, or die totally - win. But mostly - SIEGE! With some change of capture\assaults like - protecting 4 small targets like gates and towers, than generators, than gun and in last - dropship which come to get all who survive.

#11 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:52 AM

I know these forums are a useless way of communicating to you but I have to vent somewhere.. a day doesn't go by where I don't play conquest in faction play.. listen to the words that are comin outa ma mouth.. players that drop invasion DON'T WANT CONQUEST MODE as part of the rotation.. they play it for SIEGE MODE mostly, with skirmish, and domi thrown in as a way to keep siege mode feeling fresh.. get rid of conquest, get rid of incursion, these modes are not fun and cause more griping than joy.. why don't you get this? If anything keep them on but lower their rate of occurence to 10%.

It's funny how when you get something right, you fail to capitalize on it.. this doesn't fare well for your future endeavours..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 20 September 2019 - 09:33 AM.

#12 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:59 AM

Conquest is the second best mode right behind siege!

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:28 AM

more siege: yes
delete conquest: no
increase conquest timer: yes

#14 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:48 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 September 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

You don’t mind playing that mode 40% of the time? That’s about the frequency I’m gettin.. makes no sense in faction play to be so frequent I don’t care how high the timer is raised..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 September 2019 - 04:57 PM.

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 September 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

You don’t mind playing that mode 40% of the time? That’s about the frequency I’m gettin.. makes no sense in faction play to be so frequent I don’t get how high the timer is raised..

if it were me i would only do seige, conquest and skirmish each with a 33.3% chance of being chosen. but im sure fp dom has its fans, though i dont see why, and they wouldn't like this plan. cutting them in is acceptable but it means 8.3% less siege and conquest.

you also have incursion which is meh in fp and worse in qp. what if we add the towers, batteries, and walls to other modes. they wouldn't count towards objectives but can be used strategically. id rather have the destructible walls over the crap ones we have in the fpized qp maps. at least you can blow them up when they piss you off.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 September 2019 - 08:21 AM.

#16 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 September 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

Okay, so personally I despise Conquest, but I am willing to compromise and allow it as an occasional change of pace (like it used to be pre-May patch). You want more Conquest. Play comp. Play Quick Play. There's game modes for you. Please limit the amount of this mode in Faction Play for the many, many FP vets that don't enjoy it and would just prefer to play Siege, Counter Attack, and Hold Territory.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 21 September 2019 - 12:47 PM.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 21 September 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Okay, so personally I despise Conquest, but I am willing to compromise and allow it as an occasional change of pace (like it used to be pre-May patch). You want more Conquest. Play comp. Play Quick Play. There's game modes for you. Please limit the amount of this mode in Faction Play for the many, many FP vets that don't enjoy it and would just prefer to play Siege, Counter Attack, and Hold Territory.

those modes dont have decks and the mode loses the non-skirmish dynamic in those modes which it has in fp. i get it id love to see siege a lot more, because now, without major life rescheduling, it is completely unobtainium, and thats with an active event. and to be fair i didnt get one damn conquest game in fp yesterday either. i was stuck in domination hell. now thats a mode that has no place in fp.

the real problem is this story event system and the total lack of siege representation in the system's configuration. something that can be fixed in less than four minutes with xml tweaks by even the most inept of interns. siege should be in every conflict, and with equal probability of being selected. if you take conquest out and nothing else we are in the same damn situation we were in before, except with incursion/assault/domination/skirmish. because siege is never in the modes list. this situation where you can play for 8 hours straight and only see 2 modes needs to go away. people pushing deletion of conquest are more interested in deleting conquest than fixing the problem.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 September 2019 - 01:25 PM.

#18 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 September 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

those modes dont have decks and the mode loses the non-skirmish dynamic in those modes which it has in fp. i get it id love to see siege a lot more, because now, without major life rescheduling, it is completely unobtainium, and thats with an active event. and to be fair i didnt get one damn conquest game in fp yesterday either. i was stuck in domination hell. now thats a mode that has no place in fp.

the real problem is this story event system and the total lack of siege representation in the system's configuration. something that can be fixed in less than four minutes with xml tweaks by even the most inept of interns. siege should be in every conflict, and with equal probability of being selected. if you take conquest out and nothing else we are in the same damn situation we were in before, except with incursion/assault/domination/skirmish. because siege is never in the modes list. this situation where you can play for 8 hours straight and only see 2 modes needs to go away. people pushing deletion of conquest are more interested in deleting conquest than fixing the problem.

I’ve suggested they reduce incidence of conquest/incursion to 10% in another of the many forums on this tired topic .. others have suggested they increase conquest win total to make the mode more tolerable and more faction-ey and less quick playish so we HAVE been presenting solutions that pgi chooses to ignore..

#19 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:39 AM

i see increasing the conquest cap goal as a completely separate thing to better make use of the mode. its not maximizing the game clock nor the drop decks. something that should totally should be done so that conquest doesn't come to an early climax (in before that's what she said).

but if you want to cut modes you should cut the ones nobody likes first. and there are a lot of those. assault games play like skirmish. incursion plays like skirmish. these modes bring nothing to the table that skirmish proper doesn't bring. thats 2 modes you can cut right there. i also mentioned cutting dom which i personally don't like as all it does is turns ranged maps into bad brawl maps. and just leads to derp games where its over before anything fun happens. when that doesn't happen, yep, its skirmish. even scouting is skirmish with faster mechs. only siege and conquest stand out in any meaningful way.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 September 2019 - 01:55 AM.

#20 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:19 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 September 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

i see increasing the conquest cap goal as a completely separate thing to better make use of the mode. its not maximizing the game clock nor the drop decks. something that should totally should be done so that conquest doesn't come to an early climax (in before that's what she said).

but if you want to cut modes you should cut the ones nobody likes first. and there are a lot of those. assault games play like skirmish. incursion plays like skirmish. these modes bring nothing to the table that skirmish proper doesn't bring. thats 2 modes you can cut right there. i also mentioned cutting dom which i personally don't like as all it does is turns ranged maps into bad brawl maps. and just leads to derp games where its over before anything fun happens. when that doesn't happen, yep, its skirmish. even scouting is skirmish with faster mechs. only siege and conquest stand out in any meaningful way.

I agree with you on most of this. Incursion and Assault are like Skirmish with the risk of base-rushing which is too easy and not fun (ironically assault is harder to "base rush" than incursion but both modes should die).

Skirmish itself is fine as long as snipe and narc-lurm maps (caustic, polar, alpine) are on low rotation.

Domination's problem is timer management. In Quick Play its a great mode because it encourages faster fights and prevents a team from chasing one last light for 10 minutes. In Faction Play, Domination is bad because teams just want to fight more and not yell "get out of the circle" so they can.

Conquest is different for sure. Not the different I like at all but I recognize that some people like it. Of course, as many have said, it needs a higher ticket win condition. But right now Conquest just happens far too often (almost like its the main mode in FP which it shouldn't be) hence the many, many complaints of late.

If Conquest must stay then here's my suggested game mode rotation:

Siege: 50% (6 maps with Boreal on low rotation, the eventual addition of Hold Territory and Counter Attack Modes later on, and attacking/defending sides randomized). FP vets who love Siege have a 50% chance of getting their favorite mode so even if they only have a little time they are likely to get at least one.

Skirmish: 40% (12 maps with Polar, Alpine, and Caustic on low rotation because getting 5 narc-lurm/snipe maps in a row is not fun)

Conquest: 10% (12 maps with Polar, Alpine, and Caustic on low rotation)

Something like this will work. Can tweak the Skirmish/Conquest slider a bit maybe.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 23 September 2019 - 09:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users