#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

Hello all,

So I got that loyalty Night Gyr, what, last year, and I have no idea how to build it. It has ECM, which is nice I suppose, but other than that I got nuthin'.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:34 AM

Here's what I've been doing with it- UAC10+3xUAC5. Runs light on the ammo, but when you can chainsaw through 'Mechs that fast you really don't need a whole lot. MO is to take a few early potshots poptarting with the UAC5s, then wait for a good push and dump the rest of your ammo into the biggest targets you can find. Since only the larger assault 'Mechs have you beat for dakka, it's not too hard to make a contribution before the bins are empty. 5x2 is also an option (subbing in an LB-2X or two if all-UAC proves too hot for your taste), if you'd rather have enough spare ammo to basically just tape the trigger down all game.

If you want to keep the set of 8 quirks, the options become much more limited. There's only one hardpoint to really take advantage of that heavy laser quirk, although 10% ballistic cooldown is kinda nice with Gauss.

There are missiles, too, I guess, but since I only run guided missiles for trolling, and the NTG is one of my srs bsns 'Mechs which never carries 'em, I've got no real advice for that.

#3 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:19 AM

Thanks WrathOfDeadguy!

I was thinking of doing a dakka build since I'm not fussy about the set of eight quirks that come with the mech.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:56 PM

2 x Gauss / 1 xERPPC

You can alpha it now and not trigger over 100% heat. Or just 2+1 it no problem. Can even fit ERML in there if you want.

Or Gauss/HLL/ERML works well also.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 September 2019 - 06:02 PM.

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 13 September 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Hello all,

So I got that loyalty Night Gyr, what, last year, and I have no idea how to build it. It has ECM, which is nice I suppose, but other than that I got nuthin'.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

I have found good results with an LB10 (can be ultra, but runs hot) and triple UAC2s with ECM and supported by two ERMLs. Spits a lot of lead down range quickly, and has the added bonus of being "reasonably" okay even at longer ranges.

My girlfriend find good results with dual LB10s and two ERLLs (and ECM). I find that build too hot and I had to change to ultras to get reasonable results myself, but it's one of her better performing mechs she owns (and runs purely with stock pods last I recall).

Edit: Added link to build. Front and back armor are not exact, as most people will spice that to their own desired flavor or levels.

Edited by Tesunie, 19 September 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#6 Nix Axer

• 1,079 posts
  • LocationMariupol

Posted 09 October 2021 - 12:49 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users