So A Question About This "year Of Faction Play"

11 replies to this topic

#1 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

Why does PGI allways lie about everything? From the very beginning this lot have told lies,half truths and all manner of other crap.Seriously,I dare Paul or anyone else to actually answer this.You lot have never listened to the player base.And when you have its been 4 years too late when the population has already left because of no real advancement on anything (and long tom..go on defend that happypile of horse crap lol..some numpty thought it was great,maybe less beers before making plans?This has just been just been a mech pack sale game so management can buy pretty stuff.

Edited by Mean Machine Angel x, 13 September 2019 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Why?
For hamsters to stay and keep running the wheel.

This year of FP was a load of surat dung. Not even a minimum viable FP event.
There are still 3 months left, but i doubt anything will change. This is really sad.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:54 PM

FP is in pretty good shape considering (the limitations placed on Paul for modifications)

I spend half my time watching streamers play FP

you just need to add the right people to your friends list and you will get invites daily to join FP drops

#4 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:26 PM

No Dave,thats all wrong.Also misses the point :)

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

Here's what happened.

• Russ and Paul had no actual plan for MWO in 2019, believing MW5 would be released by now.
  • At MechCon 2018, Russ unexpectedly asked Paul on stage to share his plans for MWO for 2019.
  • But Paul had zero plans. So he made the excuse of "not having the list with him", and that he was tired.
  • Desperate to stem the flood of players who recognised the lack of Mech Con content as a lack of PGI commitment to MWO, PGI clutched at straws and declared this would be "The Year of Faction Play", to buy some time, and keep up appearances.
  • Paul asked the community for suggestions of "quick easy fixes", as minimal dev resources would be committed.
  • Despite it being clear that PGI intended to do almost nothing, the community yet again provided a ton of ideas.
  • Some actual FP developing was done, around match flow, missions and eventually, faction changing. While some of these changes missed the mark, several were positive. We were thankful to see something actually done.
  • 10 months later, none of the "quick easy fixes" have been implemented. Not even changing the single number representing the Conquest ticket count from 1250 to 1500, the subject of literally dozens of threads. And there hasn't been a single FP event.
  • Despite the compelling evidence that PGI's leaders continue to just say whatever they think will keep people playing with zero commitment to follow through, some in the community continue to take them at their word.

But please, pre-order MW5, because we can be confident things will be different next time.

Edited by Appogee, 13 September 2019 - 07:53 PM.

#6 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:10 PM

100% Appogee buddy.Im just tryingto see how far I can push my luck :P Lets face it..the lads at the top aren't game developers..they are more like politicians.Saying whatever they can to keep folk spending money.
I do love how now days they cant even make money off mech packs.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

Well, in a sense, it really is the year of Faction Play. That is the only thing that has gotten any dev time at all. They've put nearly all of their resources into MW5 which, honestly, was to be expected. MWO doesn't generate any money for them anymore so why would they put more money into it? I dunno, maybe Paul would like to do more but all his time is consumed with MW5. I assume he's involved there.

#8 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:50 AM

For the last 3 years, PGI has been the family that leaves the bowl of crappy candy at the curb and turns the lights out on Halloween. Most of us have egged the house, but some keep going back for the stale candy corn. This year, they left only a half full bowl on cat pee soaked circus peanuts.

#9 G a i s u t o

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:05 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 September 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Here's what happened.

• Russ and Paul had no actual plan for MWO in 2019, believing MW5 would be released by now.
  • At MechCon 2018, Russ unexpectedly asked Paul on stage to share his plans for MWO for 2019.
  • But Paul had zero plans. So he made the excuse of "not having the list with him", and that he was tired.
  • Desperate to stem the flood of players who recognised the lack of Mech Con content as a lack of PGI commitment to MWO, PGI clutched at straws and declared this would be "The Year of Faction Play", to buy some time, and keep up appearances.
  • Paul asked the community for suggestions of "quick easy fixes", as minimal dev resources would be committed.
  • Despite it being clear that PGI intended to do almost nothing, the community yet again provided a ton of ideas.
  • Some actual FP developing was done, around match flow, missions and eventually, faction changing. While some of these changes missed the mark, several were positive. We were thankful to see something actually done.
  • 10 months later, none of the "quick easy fixes" have been implemented. Not even changing the single number representing the Conquest ticket count from 1250 to 1500, the subject of literally dozens of threads. And there hasn't been a single FP event.
  • Despite the compelling evidence that PGI's leaders continue to just say whatever they think will keep people playing with zero commitment to follow through, some in the community continue to take them at their word.

But please, pre-order MW5, because we can be confident things will be different next time.

What he said.. finally freed up disk space today and removed MWO completely... time to move on and never look back. Thanks for the great time (this goes to the community) and Russ: Thanks for .. hm.. ah forget it!

#10 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

View PostMean Machine Angel x, on 13 September 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Why does PGI allways lie about everything? From the very beginning this lot have told lies,half truths and all manner of other crap.Seriously,I dare Paul or anyone else to actually answer this.You lot have never listened to the player base.And when you have its been 4 years too late when the population has already left because of no real advancement on anything (and long tom..go on defend that happypile of horse crap lol..some numpty thought it was great,maybe less beers before making plans?This has just been just been a mech pack sale game so management can buy pretty stuff.

This is not about you and me playing a game , its about making money.
How many mechpacks you got over the past years ,,
why bother changing anything since you are still buying man ?

You got MW5 to ?
Watch out MWO will get populated again after MW5 drops.
They will mess that to ,,, just so you know.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

mwo has really just been a ponzi scheme in order to fund their actual goal of making mw5. i can forgive them this if mw5 is great. but if mwo was the testbed, it doesn't exactly instill confidence.

#12 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

View PostG a i s u t o, on 14 September 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

What he said.. finally freed up disk space today and removed MWO completely... time to move on and never look back. Thanks for the great time (this goes to the community) and Russ: Thanks for .. hm.. ah forget it!

who are you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users