Stealth Armor Somewhat Noob Qu

6 replies to this topic

#1 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:46 AM

I use google and all I get are posts dating from 2018 wtf I wasn't playing then. Any idea if stealth armor stops me from getting hit points of enemy mechs when on?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:12 AM

View Postswordburden, on 27 May 2021 - 07:46 AM, said:

I use google and all I get are posts dating from 2018 wtf I wasn't playing then. Any idea if stealth armor stops me from getting hit points of enemy mechs when on?

1. If you have Stealth armor on and you hit the enemy 'Mech, the damage dealt to the enemy 'Mech will register.

2. If you have Stealth armor on and you are hit by the enemy 'Mech, the damage dealt to your 'Mech will register.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:27 PM

View Postswordburden, on 27 May 2021 - 07:46 AM, said:

Sry, this is not entirely clear to me. Are you talking about dealing damage or maybe the "hit and run" reward?

#4 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:56 PM

I think they are talking about if you can target and recieve paperdoll info on enemy mechs while stealthed.

IIRC your sensor range is just massively reduced so you can if you get really close, but I might be remembering wrong since I almost never use stealth.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:21 PM

View PostGagis, on 27 May 2021 - 10:56 PM, said:

I think they are talking about if you can target and recieve paperdoll info on enemy mechs while stealthed.

IIRC your sensor range is just massively reduced so you can if you get really close, but I might be remembering wrong since I almost never use stealth.

You remember right. Your own sensor range is drastically reduced while using stealth, but you can lock targets getting close.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:55 AM

1. So can you use BAP (Beagle Active Probe) to increase your sensor range while using stealth armor?

2. Would a teammate's Cyclops give you +150 Sensor Range, even while using stealth armor?

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 May 2021 - 11:21 PM, said:

...Your own sensor range is drastically reduced while using stealth, but you can lock targets getting close.

Edited by w0qj, 01 June 2021 - 06:02 AM.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:08 AM

View Postw0qj, on 01 June 2021 - 05:55 AM, said:

1. So can you use BAP (Beagle Active Probe) to increase your sensor range while using stealth armor?

2. Would a teammate's Cyclops give you +150 Sensor Range, even while using stealth armor?

Haven't tested this special case, but yes, that should work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users