6 replies to this topic

#1 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

Greetings All,

I have been trying to find a decent load out for the 3P champion. I don't have a lot of weight to work with, she is unskilled, I am trying to find a load out to do some decent damage with. I tend to be a brawler. If I need more weight I tend to drop some off the legs.

That pretty much sums it up. Any advice from you more experienced players is very much welcomed.

Thank you all in advance.

War Kitten

#2 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

This build works quite well for me. Light 250, 2 x erll, MRM10 and 3 x HMG

An::20e0|Lg|X@pW0|]?|OG|i^qW0|]?|OG|i^|OGrP0|U@|EPsP0|U@|U@|FPt`0u`0vB0|GPw;09090

Load into the mechlab thingy

Edited by mad kat, 22 September 2019 - 11:46 AM.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostWar Kitten, on 22 September 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Greetings All,

I have been trying to find a decent load out for the 3P champion. I don't have a lot of weight to work with, she is unskilled, I am trying to find a load out to do some decent damage with. I tend to be a brawler. If I need more weight I tend to drop some off the legs.

That pretty much sums it up. Any advice from you more experienced players is very much welcomed.

Thank you all in advance.

War Kitten

I'll provide a more precise configuration later, but I have two separate builds for that mech I use myself. The first is triple AC2s and two MLs. The other has only triple UAC2s. Each has worked surprisingly well for me.

The 3P is one of the harder Uziels to work with, due to it's larger reliance on heavy ballistic weapons compared to lighter energy or missile weapons. For it's 50 ton frame, it's rather taxing to get anything with something you'd consider significant firepower for it's tonnage, unlike heavier mechs which can afford to take more meaningful ballistic weapons.

For my 3Ps, I see each as a multi-range engagement design. The (U)AC2s can throw enough damage down range that, even in a brawl, it's still able to deal good amounts of damage. The issue here is often with damage spread.

Once I've got my game booted up, I'll remake the builds in Smurfy. Right now I am unable to do so.

#4 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

My AC2 build, armor front and back to flavor. I just used the default "max armor" on smurfy.

My UAC2 build, same notation as above.

I should mention, where you place your ammo is up to you. I'd suggest avoiding the side torsos, as they are rather large and easy to hit. On notation of the mech brawling, it really isn't a great choice for brawling. It's more of a fire support mech than a brawler. A lack of health quirks and what is normally considered good brawling hardpoints makes this mech more suited to support at mid ranges for the most part.

#5 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 September 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

My AC2 build, armor front and back to flavor. I just used the default "max armor" on smurfy.

My UAC2 build, same notation as above.

I should mention, where you place your ammo is up to you. I'd suggest avoiding the side torsos, as they are rather large and easy to hit. On notation of the mech brawling, it really isn't a great choice for brawling. It's more of a fire support mech than a brawler. A lack of health quirks and what is normally considered good brawling hardpoints makes this mech more suited to support at mid ranges for the most part.

Very interesting. My build is similar to mad kat's and it works pretty well as a second line mech where you hug an assault and shoot what they shoot. I think I will give these setups a go and see how they work.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:12 PM

View PostMister Maf, on 31 October 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

Very interesting. My build is similar to mad kat's and it works pretty well as a second line mech where you hug an assault and shoot what they shoot. I think I will give these setups a go and see how they work.

Out of the two, I'd recommend the AC2 over the UAC2 build at this time, simply because I've tested that one more and it's given me proven results time and time again. UAC2 build is still new to me, and best at shorter engagement phases due to ultra jams.

Use what you like from them. What's the worst that happens, you don't like it and move on to a different loadout? Part of the fun with MW:O is the ability to try different things and see what works best for yourself.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

UZL-3P

Uziel isn't tanky. Gotta use speed. RAC2 and near 100km/h isn't bad.

Can add a ERML and a DHS if you drop the engine a bit, 80km/h is a bit slow I feel, you wanna be able to get into cover ASAP if taking fire UZL-3P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users