9 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:59 AM

Bear with me but i'm thinking it must be a curse or something as as it stands i'm losing pretty much every single match when on this map and it's driving me nuts! (apologies for the salt)

But the stats don't seem to reflect the experience showing a ratio of .9 which i can't explain as in the last couple of months i can only recall two wins on the map.

Is anyone else experiencing this but maybe on other maps?

#2 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

I love hpg. I always feel on maps like that I can truely exploit the evil nascar massacre by immediateley attacking reds stretching back end. You can get to reds first isolated slow heavies and assaults after like one minute. Or faster?

Not sure but pretty damn fast. Its a great map to trade well in fast mechs with jjs and its so cool that you can get a shitload of dmg I dont even care that much if we win. I can get many kills and dmg on that map so easily as it is very favored for nascar. The team that wont get top always starts to nascar immediately. ANd you can just land alpha after alpha after alpha into their backs.

Love that map. Its a good killing field.

#3 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:10 AM

It's probably just some sort of confirmation bias. Humans tend to memorize bad repeating experiences more than neutral or good ones.

Examples:
- The traffic lights are always red
- It always starts to rain just when you leave the building
- In the supermarket you are always in the longest waiting queue
- MM hates you and always puts you in the loosing teams

TLDR:
Our memory can't be trusted.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:27 AM

I secretly set your HPG win rate to 0% on PGI's servers a year ago, it's about time that you noticed.

#5 Vadhalla

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:52 AM

Statistically speaking, the number of wins vs loss should level out in the long run assuming all is well in the universe. You're are not really off from 1 by that much so you should get some wins.

So if you play enough games it should average out probably, the thing that's throwing you off or making you sad is probably the match maker (Remember Tier 1 doesn't mean much)

At the end of the day no matter how good or bad you are, it's still a team game (Unless they stacking it against you by lining up the good players on the opposition).

This pretty much sums it up "May the less crappier team win!"

BTW match maker doesn't really work with the reduce player pool (It's like a shark frenzy when you got a couple decent players on one side)

Edited by Vadhalla, 23 September 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#6 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

View PostNightbird, on 23 September 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

I secretly set your HPG win rate to 0% on PGI's servers a year ago, it's about time that you noticed.

Damnit the conspiracy is true!!! ������

View PostVadhalla, on 23 September 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Statistically speaking, the number of wins vs loss should level out in the long run assuming all is well in the universe. You're are not really off from 1 by that much so you should get some wins.

So if you play enough games it should average out probably, the thing that's throwing you off or making you sad is probably the match maker (Remember Tier 1 doesn't mean much)

At the end of the day no matter how good or bad you are, it's still a team game (Unless they stacking it against you by lining up the good players on the opposition).

This pretty much sums it up "May the less crappier team win!"

BTW match maker doesn't really work with the reduce player pool (It's like a shark frenzy when you got a couple decent players on one side)

If the MM 'Conspiracy' threads are true which i do believe they are that the game is frequently dropping bad players on one team and good players on the other then it would certainly go some way to explaining it. Although it may not necessarily be good vs bad as such but probably putting a bias to one side.

I think there is no MM anymore as like you say the player base is so small and its taking ages to find matches.

Edited by mad kat, 23 September 2019 - 10:16 AM.

#7 L057FUNC710N

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

I have problems with two maps.

First is old Forest because I seem to get G9 spawn a lot and honestly I am not very familiar with the map and don't really know how to play it or have a favorite spot figured out yet.

The other is Frozen City Domination, where I seem to get team one side more often than not and rarely win from that side. Not quite sure how to play it well but I generally try and race over to the assaults instead of getting pushed by enemy charging seven line.

Both these situations are probably more my fault than not.

#8 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:09 AM

View PostVadhalla, on 23 September 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

(It's like a shark frenzy when you got a couple decent players on one side)

Such a harsh term
Its properly called
taking the initiative, roll that initiative roll bois.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 24 September 2019 - 01:10 AM.

#9 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

It looks like it’s mostly confirmation bias....but I have to ask.. Do you happen to be running a lot of LRM-boats? As that would explain any players feeling of frustration on HPG.

#10 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 24 September 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

It looks like it’s mostly confirmation bias....but I have to ask.. Do you happen to be running a lot of LRM-boats? As that would explain any players feeling of frustration on HPG.

I do run LRM boats occasionally although i don't seem to get HPG that often when in one. Its more that taboo word Nascar and people poking one by one on half the enemy team. And before you know it is 3-8.

I did have one match where we camped outside the walls and covered both approaches and it was a genuinely tense and fraught game that went to the wire and a bare victory. Probably the most GG moment I've seen in recent times ironically. And the only other match i can remember was we held the top and strictly tried to stop our team from peeking and let the reds do it. Matches are so skewed that i make a mental note of any time WE (not I) win in this map.

I get the confirmation bias with things like why do i always get stuck behind the idiot doing 30mph below the speed limit (or even half of it) or the lights are always red. But it's so blatant with HPG loss rate that i can't make sense of the stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users