13 replies to this topic

#1 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:25 AM

so i was one of the people who pre-ordered mw5, based on the fact i was getting a steam key. when the lie was revealed, and we found out that EGS was the real venue for distribution of mw5, i returned and received my refund. used this refund to purchase more VR games.

i just recently purchased a VR game called robo recall. guess who makes it??????

epic games!!!! L.............M....................F.........A.............O !!!!!!!

#2 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:03 AM

you cant fight city hall.....

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:17 AM

epic, pgi. its hard to tell one waste of space from another without a program. does anyone make good games anymore? lol.

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:47 AM

PGI's Epic deal doesn't bother me.

PGI's management's consistent deceptiveness, non-delivery on commitments, anti-customer design decisions and abandonment of MWO, does.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:42 AM

The list of games that use Unreal enginen is pretty long and from the popularity it has it will be around for some time to come. So even if the Epic store should fail Epic will still be around and you will most likely give money to Epic one way or the other.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 29 September 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

The list of games that use Unreal enginen is pretty long and from the popularity it has it will be around for some time to come. So even if the Epic store should fail Epic will still be around and you will most likely give money to Epic one way or the other.

honestly ive been a long time epic fan since the first unreal came bundled with my voodoo card (it came with a stack of full version games an inch thick, one of which was mechwarrior 2). of course i got tired of buying the same game/tech demo over and over again and stopped i think around the 2004 edition. i cant blame them for wanting to get into the online distribution game. valve on the other hand i had never purchased a single one of their games as far as i know, and so there is no real brand loyalty there at all for me.

View PostAppogee, on 29 September 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

PGI's Epic deal doesn't bother me.

PGI's management's consistent deceptiveness, non-delivery on commitments, anti-customer design decisions and abandonment of MWO, does.

pretty much this. epic is not the bad guy here imho. if anything they likely saved both mwo and mw5 from pgi's mismanagement. i suspect without all the free money mwo would have had to be shut down and mw5 would be released in a broken unfinished state, though the jury is still out on that one.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 September 2019 - 04:40 PM.

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:21 AM

I realy hope that PGI hired some competed people with the money they have from the deal and use the time to get the bugs/problems they still have out of thte way.

Frankly I don't aspect a greate story or meaningfull character development, the old games didn't had that either but as long as they can get good gameplay done that would be enough. Hopefully someone will then create a mission editor so we can create our own Storys.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 September 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

valve on the other hand i had never purchased a single one of their games as far as i know.

You haven't played half-lifes, Portals?

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:23 AM

View PostCurccu, on 30 September 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

You haven't played half-lifes, Portals?

nope.

#10 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:57 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 30 September 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

nope.

Dude, you have got to play Half Life 2 once before you die. Still a classic.

Edit : here are some must plays

Half Life 2
Portal
Nier : Automata
Mad Max

Edited by Dar1ngOne, 06 October 2019 - 11:59 PM.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 06 October 2019 - 11:57 PM, said:

Dude, you have got to play Half Life 2 once before you die. Still a classic.

Edit : here are some must plays

Half Life 2
Portal
Nier : Automata
Mad Max

il pass.

my games budget has never been exceptionally huge, so there's a lot of stuff i didn't play, which is more or less antiquated now. of course with modern game dev so obsessed with shortcuts and rehashing i don't expect a whole lot of new games to be impressive.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 October 2019 - 02:50 AM.

#12 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 October 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

il pass.

my games budget has never been exceptionally huge, so there's a lot of stuff i didn't play, which is more or less antiquated now. of course with modern game dev so obsessed with shortcuts and rehashing i don't expect a whole lot of new games to be impressive.

A lot of new games are over hyped, this is true. But those titles, look man, when the Orange box is on special I will gift it to you for like 2 bucks US (only 14 dolla AUD Posted Image kidding)

Add me on steam ---> DaringOne (Gold coin and a Warhansa printed Atlas - that's me)

Maybe even Mad Max if its cheap, but not Nier, that game is still pricey, but worth IMO.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 07 October 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

A lot of new games are over hyped, this is true. But those titles, look man, when the Orange box is on special I will gift it to you for like 2 bucks US (only 14 dolla AUD Posted Image kidding)

Add me on steam ---> DaringOne (Gold coin and a Warhansa printed Atlas - that's me)

Maybe even Mad Max if its cheap, but not Nier, that game is still pricey, but worth IMO.

save your money for someone much less jaded than myself.

#14 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:53 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 October 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

save your money for someone much less jaded than myself.

well, ok, only you can change your mind. Still if you want to add me because I am guessing you would have got the base version of HBS Battletech at least.

I also Have the viral Eck's gonna give it to you achievement if needed.

Edited by Dar1ngOne, 08 October 2019 - 03:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users